Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This thread needs a lot more Kill Six Billion Demons. Fortunately, the most recent is self contained.

Please note that the anatomy is correct per the incident recorded in the Manual of Hands and Feet:

The Manual of Hands and Feet posted:

[The monks] only take apprentices to replace an old master when he dies, so that someone will always be around to make sure Ki Rata does not exist in the wider world. Many supplicants flock to Rayuba in the hopes of being trained by the masters, who sometimes are forced into self defense when they are challenged to unwanted duels.

When I arrived there, hoping for some insight, I witnessed such a duel between a low-ranking monk of the style and a well-known master of Pilgrim fist. Within three moves, the monk, a rather short fellow, use a two finger one-point technique to completely vaporize the bones in both the master’s arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Drinking contests against extremely powerful demons are pretty badass.

Allison's superpower is making incredibly poor decisions. Also, I want some of that Ichor Pale Ale.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Mikl posted:

tl;dr version of the above: this is a 10-year-old girl with zero powers talking to a millennia-old eldritch abomination.

Talking poo poo to incredibly powerful beings is definitely badass so long as you don't get your face pushed in within the next couple pages.

Such as here, when Allison, a regular ol' barista from LA who always makes the worst possible choice, is speaking with one of the Gods of the Seven Part World, Incubus. (the Jareth and Sailor Moon outfits are because Incubus dropped in to have a chat inside Allison's mind rather than in the physical world)

That's right Allison, tell the literal demigod that you're gonna gently caress him up if he betrays you.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

Suddenly everyone's left-handed.

They only want you to think that. If they go right handed it's over too quickly.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Hell the most badass thing there is the dude looking up at 2 flying men (one of whom has invaded Manhattan numerous times and the other who is a known associate of Galactus) and having the balls to just go "gently caress off you don't pay my bills"

Yeah, that dude is definitely the most badass thing in those panels.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh gently caress I love any situation where Margaret Thatcher is getting kicked in the metaphysical nuts.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Huh, that's a good point about her cloak making a hole in the wall.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

And time! Even for a superhero time is scarce- and that holds true even if you're a speedster because you're stuck dealing with all the normal folks who can't get poo poo done in an attosecond.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Some people are about to get exploded when the next page of Kill Six Billion Demons comes out as our furious dumbass barista heroine stops being nice and starts getting real:

(possibly favorite part of this tournament arc is that the characters were given random, unexplained rankings just like in a manga and Allison's were B/C/SS+)

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 16, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All I know of Gruenwald is he wrote the Skull vs Magneto moment which is incredibly badass.

and

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Phy posted:

Some mook completely misunderstands the nature of the Dark Knight and introduces white nose fungus to the Gotham bat population, hoping that it will spread to the Batcave, and thence to Batman himself

Because they think he's part bat

Then all the bats in the bat cave get infected and die, and Batman gets depressed and stops being a masked vigilante and the guy has beaten Batman.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That's a job for Damage Control, obvs.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I blame Seinfeld and the mass consciousness of the term "re-gifting"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I love that version of Superman. Just, such an awesome dude.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Now I want a comic series that follows a bold team of superheroes trying to get good data from each alternate universe for analysis about different actions. Call em the R-squad.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Fat Cobra Owns

New thread title.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, 82 White Chain is gonna be 83 White Chain pretty soon.

This whole tournament arc was loving intense.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ok, that is a loving awesome 2 page spread.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

YVAN EHT NIOJ

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

God Emperor Solomon David - Supreme of the Celestial Empire, Lord of 111,111 Universes, bearer of the word Diamond, and God of the Seven Part World- can do kung fu breathing bullshit and move faster than anyone can react. He gives anyone a chance to come at him every 3 years in a tournament, and if anyone can draw a drop of blood from him they get their hearts desire. No one has ever done it. The tournaments have occurred for thousands of years.

82 White Chain, our Angel protagonist, is fighting him in the finals anyways. Because sometimes fighting evil is just the right thing to do even if you can't win. She's been getting her rear end whipped. (last image spoilered due to NSFW).

Read Kill Six Billion Demons, goddamnit.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 7, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Note that the pages shared are from the end of the Tournament Arc, so the author is 100% leaning into that style.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Might be! We're not sure yet, these pages were just posted earlier this week.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Mashle is usually a comedy but it’s had some cool fights recently. Read right to left

Ok, that's pretty badass.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Nilbop posted:

It really is, but speaking to anyone thinking of giving it a go - it's definitely one of those things you have to spend probably hundreds of pages with before getting a proper feel for it. It's a huge investment, but totally pays off.

I'd say that if you've passed the Devil Drinking Contest (about 110 pages, or ~5 issues of a printed comic) and you aren't feeling it, then it might not be your jam. I would 100% stick through it past that point, though, because a lot of the first book is about introducing you to a real weird world and the protagonist spends much of book 1 reacting like any normal person would to the situation into which she's thrust.

The art is real good from the start, though, and has kept getting better to the point where it's one of the best drawn comics I've ever seen.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Actual content then: this is from the empyre/savage avengers one shot that came out a couple weeks ago. The whole issue is great and has some A+ Venom content, but I really enjoyed this sequence from Conan. If you haven't been reading Empyre, there are plant people and they are mean.

These are good panels. Harvesters need more run as devices of destruction, and plant dudes are their favored enemy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

he's also brilliantly lampooned in Oglaf from time to time

Kronar is wonderful in every appearance he's made in Oglaf.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I assume she took the time to thread something into the spine/skull so she could whip it about like that, or is she just using Superman's super durable spinal cord?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Wait, is that the same sword? Because I am loving the overall outfit.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Alacron posted:

The newest One Punch Man, this is what happens when the world's most powerful psychic decides that she's done fuckin around.

Tatsumaki is such a loving badass.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ok, that's loving awesome.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Is that a leather thong or a jockstrap?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, Operant is real fuckin' good with his art. Really, the only problem with webcomics is that by nature they're page by page so things can seem to take a lot longer to resolve than they actually do upon re-read. Inherent issue with the form, unfortunately.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Aaaand so starts what Abbadon says will be a 50 page fight sequence between Jagganoth and the other six demi-urges of the Seven Part World.

My money is on Jagganoth, since the Demiurges are essentially incapable of working together after a several thousand year cold war between all of them.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

What's a comparable teamup in Marvel or DC where all the heroes just get in each others way and are totally ineffective?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Also, important reminder Isaac Asimov pronounced "robot" "row-butt."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJJnQybZlk

Oh poo poo. I'd always wondered why my dad pronounces robot that way. I guess it was just a thing back when he was a kid. He grew up in NYC, and I'm pretty sure read Asimov as a kid. He definitely did as a teen.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, this whole final chapter has been extremely :black101: so far.

This is only an 8 finger technique! What does a 10 finger technique look like?!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Gilgamesh was the original Super Saiyan.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hmm, Lancelot's affair with Guinevere is a major cause of the end of Arthur's Realm. And he winds up dead.

Now, Galahad, there's a Mary Sue. Except he's at least in part designed to be a foil to his father Lancelot.

We got any badass jousting panels?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ALL I WANT TO DO, IS SEE YOU TURN INTO, A GIANT WOMAN!

Man, I love KSBD, and the Alicio n' Chains design is amazing.

Lobok posted:

Started reading K6BD for the first time this week after having it saved in my bookmarks for years. Pretty cool so far but still waiting to get to the real combat. It's funny reading through the comments on each post and seeing a guy from Image even very early on offering to publish.

The kickoff for the major violence is near the end at Hell 71, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Squidster posted:

Monster #8.

Back in the first chapter, the Commander was introduced alongside her tiger bff.

And I was like, awesome, I can dig it. But is the tiger an emotional support animal, or a mere signpost of how badass she is?

No, it turns out the tiger exists to absorb recoil for her anti-Kaiju rifle.

I'm pretty sure this is a repost, and I don't care. It's awesome.