Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Synch is a total ripoff of an idea for a mutant I had when I was 8. Only my version needed to hold people's hands to use their powers so I could draw him holding hands with Wolverine and Jubilee and shooting fireworks out of his claws.

That's totally different. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think Mimic at least has a limit on the number of powers he can steal, maybe? Exiles Mimic could use five powers at half power.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

S.W.O.R.D. #8

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nilbop posted:

Body horror warning on that one, goddamn. I don't even know what is going on with her.
Tarn the Uncaring challenges Storm to a fight in the Circle. Arakko rules are that you fight until someone yields or dies. Tarn immediately changes her DNA to remove her powers and turn her into an earthworm hybrid thing. But Storm's actual powers are that she'll gently caress you up with a knife.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, it was really bad, and the inking and/or coloring was not making it any less obvious. I'm honestly convinced he's just cutting and pasting literal screenshots into his comics (to the point where I swear I saw some shots of his process and that's what he was doing, but now I can't find that, and it seems like it would be a bigger deal if it was the case)

https://twitter.com/OliverSava/status/954099892925943810?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Miller was a great writer. It's a shame he disappeared in 2001 and never wrote anything else.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This Patch guy seems pretty tough. Whatever happened to him anyway?

Wolverine: Patch #2

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Men Red #3

The couple pages prior belong here too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nilbop posted:

Is Tarn a particularly nasty dude? Because if a dude yields and begs for his life, you spare him.
Yes. He's very explicitly hated by the Arrakii because he was one of their Amenthian occupiers, and then took a seat in their council. Also just a moment before he kills Vulcan who challenged him for his seat, though I don't think the Arrakii or Magneto particularly care about that.

Nilbop posted:

Is he not on the X-Men anymore?
He quit the Quiet Council, left Krakoa, and moved to Mars. He's in the new Brotherhood of Arrako, who have come together explicitly to oppose Brand's Martian X-Men team.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh yeah that book's really, really good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She actually gets taken out permanently by a botched uhhhh not quite sure what he was trying to do looked kinda like a Styles Clash off the turnbuckle

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jiro posted:

You can really only botch that if you put your face all the way forward. It's not pretty.
Oh I know. In this comic, he slips when getting on the top ropes and drops her on her face first onto the mat, presumably breaking her neck and killing her. It's not pretty. Definitely check it out!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Wait a minute, this is a wrestling comic where they acknowledge and incorporate into the plot that wrestling is fake?

That's badass.

The Headlocked series does, as well. It's mostly only wrestling comics made by/for wrestling companies that stay within kayfabe (or in the case of Boom!'s WWE comics, not only treat wrestling as real, but supernatural characters as actually supernatural)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't decide if Thunderstrike's tiny head or War Machine's teeth are worse

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maces are nowhere near as cool as hammers, and that's why he's not as cool

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

goatface posted:

Thor: God of Punch is so dumb it has become good through the absurdity.
If there was a Loki around, he would interpret this as Thor being god of mixed alcoholic drinks and demand a cocktail

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

There should be a Thor story where he get's Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill's hammers too. He has to be worthy of and wield all the hammers at the same time

Also a third arm

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Y'all forgot it talking to Doom who just told it he doesn't recognize its authority and it fucks off

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

From the pictures I saw the Celestial told Doom it would pass him if he just said "Reed Richards is smarter than me."

Doom just laughed and left. And the Celestial passed him anyway.

That's what it was. Maybe it was someone else who said they didn't recognize its authority. Never mind!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Both from Action Comics #1050

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bruce is 29, Dick is 27, Jason is 25, Tim is 21, Damien is 13 or something idk

No this doesn't actually make any sense

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hulk and Thing get portaled away to an alien planet being attacked by demons

Clobberin' Time #1

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Elissimpark posted:

I'm curious as to how. Isn't Martian Manhunter pretty much green Superman but also bendy? Was he on PTO?

Yeah but he gets sad when he so much as sees some fire

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

Didn't the WWE launch a streaming service showing decades of old matches during COVID? Seems like a good time to catch the gently caress up.
He specifically got into it by watching an NJPW G1 tournament. I can't imagine recommending WWE content to someone who got into wrestling like that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I mean why have moving mouths at all?

Makes u think

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Be kind of hard to kick Oliver Queen and Bruce Wayne into the sun.

Not really, Superman has super-strength

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Coda's so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait, BREAKING GLASS? why.

Because that's the sound of McMahon's rear end, and you can't have asses on a cartoon