Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Flesh Forge posted:

remember when hank uses his ant control powers to have his ants ~do nonspecific but extremely suggestive bad things~ to janet during a domestic spat because he was mad she zapped him

https://i.imgur.com/KW19kg6.png
I like how there was a bad domestic violence storyline in 1981 and then somebody decided it would be very mature to make it Pym's defining trait. Very pleasant to read about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I'm guessing that they're going with some kind of vaguely-defined old school D&D ruleset that doesn't give him those options.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
"Smelting" is a great robot cuss.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Grendels Dad posted:

I think the Cylon servant in the old Battlestar Galactica show had a mouth that would light up when he spoke instead of moving lips. And I vaguely remember the bad guy from the knock-off Ghostbusters cartoon, the one with the ape, being partly robotic and having some weird static poo poo in his mouth when he spoke. It was a Look to make them seem more otherworldly, I guess.
Prime Evil.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I thought Ray put a bomb in there.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Oh, same here. I got back into comics in the early 00s and besides "classics" like Watchmen and TDKR, I loved Morrison's run on JLA.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Devils Avocado posted:

I think Connor was the archer in that story.
Probably, that story with the Key had Connor forced to use his dad's gear and he was like "A boxing glove arrow? Why? Is there a single actual arrow in this damned thing? Just give me one sharp one, please!"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Ray Palmer posted:

Flare arrow, Connor!
Flarrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Splint Chesthair posted:

It certainly holds up better than other so-called “widescreen” comics from that same time period.
Get this: what if Batman said cusses and killed people?