Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TwoPair posted:

No badass thread is complete without Thor God of Van Art:

Source is Thor God of Thunder #11. Also if you need context further than what the scene already gives you, Thor and an older version of himself are in the heart of a bomb designed to kill all gods, and the bomb is going off.

Gods :drat: do I love the name given to the "not" symbiote weapon. The annihilblade! :black101: Metal as gently caress.

To contribute to awesome van art, we have a back story in Uncanny Avengers of a young hammerless Thor throwing down with Apocalypse in say 17th century London. Thor is beaten pretty well so he follows Kang's advice to inadvertently have his mighty axe coated in his blood to give it a bitchin power-up ability to be able to start cleaving cosmic powered assholes.

So Thor being Thor flies a chariot of flying goats into Apocalypse's floating doom fortress and throws down again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

NEXT ISSUE: PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH

:stare: Do his eyes light up or something??? Or are they supposed to be soulless black voids?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Phy posted:

Also in another lifetime Chewie had a moon dropped on him.

If anything this was Chewie's plan from a dream he had that a moon was dropped on him. Yoda felt it was so stupid it had to work just out of sheer absurdity.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Found on Imgur.
Sensational Spider-Man #31

:stare: Holy loving poo poo when did Aunt May turn into the old lady witch from Fables? That was awesome.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

tenniseveryone posted:

Re-reading Morrison's New X-Men run on Marvel Unlimited, enjoyed these two pages from the final issue of the Planet X arc (set up: Magneto has gone crazier than usual and taken over Manhattan, Fantomex is awesome)

Ha! Totally forgot about that. Awesome. If AXIS is gonna go the way most people think its gonna go I have a feeling that Scott will be doing something similar to that soon.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

a kitten posted:

I don't know in what context exactly this was created, but here's Spider-Man and Doc Ock drawn by One-Punch Man's Murata.

Inspiration was taken from the beginning of the fight in Spider-Man 2. Pretty awesome.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Avengers #36

Beard Broforce. I really like how they made Nukeular Superman avoid the mullet with a pony tail.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Avengers #27:

The power of Thorr apparently removes your entire neck. :stare: And side profile gives you a wicked looking mullet.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I feel its more like this.
http://youtu.be/4XsTt3UYYOA

What is best in life? :black101:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Madkal posted:

So his power set is that he is a perpetual darwin awards nominee.

He's the worlds greatest backyard pro wrestler. Or Jeff Hardy whichever.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

Risk vs. Superboy Prime was supposed to be a lot longer, but Risk was drugged out of his mind on the day of the fight and in no way in shape to perform, so they took him out in one panel.

Poor poor Sting.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

redbackground posted:

(flashback from the same issue)

And goddamn Spider Britain was off God knows where doing God knows what with all those other damnable Spiders! :argh:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That baby getting punched will never not be glorious. Took it like a total champ. :allears:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Superman sucks. That's my theory.

This is all I see when I see your avatar.

https://youtu.be/6i7ycxiog40

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

NotALizardman posted:

I'm just posting this everywhere because holy poo poo I love Ghost G-Man.

(Inhumans - Attilan Rising #1)

That poo poo is so loving boss. :rock: All he needs is to have a supernatural cigar to chomp on, and some "mmmyeah see? You'll never catch me coppers! Mmmmyyeah see yeah!".

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Robocop vs Terminator is hardly phoned in.

Awwww Murphy loses? Lame.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Uthor posted:

Here's a summary of the story.

That's one of the most :black101: things I've seen outside of Ribic's run on God of Thunder. :rock: I assume the shoulder mounts blare a playlist comprised mainly of Iron Maiden.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle #11. It turns out that Marcus, the human/robot hybrid from Salvation, was a prototype for a bigger plan. SkyNet tried the same process on a remorseless serial killer named Thomas Parnell and patched him into an army of T-800's so that they can fight the human resistance in a way that's less predictable and more ruthless. Not only are the humans losing the war, but Parnell's gradually taking more and more control away from SkyNet. John Connor has done the unthinkable and is now teaming up with SkyNet against a bigger threat. The plan is to link John's mind with a Terminator and have it go after Parnell.

It's also worth noting that for decades, John knew that he would be murdered by the same Terminator that would later protect his younger self in Terminator 3.

DUNT DUNT DUNT DA-DA-DUNT
DUNT DUNT DUNT DA-DA-DUNT

Please tell me this is an ongoing and you now have Skynet gift the Connor T-800 with a Connor skin. Or he then starts taking control of Skynet himself. Alternative option humans turn against him Skynet hunts him and you have this renegade Terminator trying to survive. All these Terminator comics I have to read. :awesomelon:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JLA/Avengers is the poo poo just for that premise alone. Also Cap beating the poo poo out of Prometheus was kick rear end.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Jedi Council: Acts of War #4:

A Jedi Master can't be all that great if he's gonna die at the hands of the Gorn. :colbert: Though him being passive aggressive was kinda funny.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Travis343 posted:

There has been no human being in the history of our species for whom suffering is just and deserved and would make our world safer, happier, or better in any measurable way.

Ehhh if you're looking at it from a "we can never stoop down to their level" kind of way perhaps. But off the top of my head, Hitler, Goebbels, Himmler, Pinochet, Pol Pot, Caligula, Nero, The Borgias. Those would be a decent debate on their suffering is just and deserved for the betterment of the world.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Huh? Vertigo is on their best creative push in years right now.

That's actually despite the gutting it was given a few years back, and the loss of a pivotal main director who was there for like almost twenty years I think. Fables thankfully keeps chugging along.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman: American Alien #2

Oh good it's an updated origin story for Superboy Prime. :v: Or is there a crossover with Superman in Afterlife for Archie?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

C'mon. It's at least gotta get you reminded about Jeff Goldblum dissolving a guy's arm with fly puke. That's a good time.

All that reminds me of is the abortion that was Infinite Crisis #4, and its much better sibling Edited Crisis #4. Poor poor Risk. :( Otherwise known as One Arm McGee.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ygolonac posted:

Full page:

One of a bunch of silly, mostly media-inspired, Ghost Riders seen in GR #33, from 2009. More can be seen in this post right here.

GR #34 in that run is straight-up Ghost Rider vs. Demon Trucker, but the art isn't quite as balls-out as this page. Suydam cover, but a really meh one IMO.

It makes me sad they couldn't make a flame mustache for Ghost Bandit. Chased by sheriff Buford T Injustice. :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

GrandpaPants posted:

Then cap it off with Primer.

Followed by Time Crimes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tell that to Bludhaven.

Oop

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

Obviously God wants joker to continue being a serial killer

Well? How ELSE are good innocent people supposed to get to Heaven in comics if no one ever ages??? :suicide:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

You cloned a god and it went evil and killed a friend and then became brain dead and forgot everything then did the whole Civil War thing again and now you're brain dead AGAIN?!

Oh Tony.

Upgrading your brain to Windows 10 is a real bitch apparently.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Threep posted:

Wild Storm #1 (the new one): Angie Spica (the Engineer) is not happy being a superhero, but someone has to do something

(cut out a few pages of transformation sequence)

After she transformed she looks like Danger from X-Men.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Look you can’t pass up on a good NY burger so what if it’s technically 7 years and 8 days old.

gently caress it here’s some content. From #4

God Secret Wars and the years Hickman spent working on it leading up to it was so drat good. But I am still really salty that Phoenix Scott was owned so utterly. That and the vagueness as to how he could have even become the Phoenix is weird as well, but I'm glad Hickman ignored any possible references to when Bendis made Scott the Phoenix.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Defenders #4

This right here is why I have so much beef with the TV show, and it's singular glowing hand. Why the hell wouldn't Danny on TV be able to have flaming fists and kicks and other awesome outrageous SF kind of martial arts?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TwoPair posted:

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the funny or badass thread. U.S.Avengers #7

That is definitely loving badass, Ares was always awesome. And he was brought back because Hydra valued only strength? Only for it to bite them in the rear end. Makes me wish the reveal happened in the main book versus NazSteve.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

wiegieman posted:

Honestly, they should bring Phobos back so he can kill the poo poo out of Gorgon.

A 6-12 issue mini of Phobos hunting down Gorgon written by oh I dunno Remender in the same vein as X-Force is something I'd be down for.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Watchmen was 12 issues. I don't think two guys fighting each other has to be that long.

I was thinking more along the lines of post Secret Empire you have a Gorgon that's gone to ground, and Phobos tracking him down killing Hydra and Hand ninjas going all over the globe kinda thing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CzarChasm posted:

I prefer to think of it as Cap beat the hell out of Frank, took his gun and left him in the street.

Meanwhile, Frank gets back home and puts a positive spin on it in his journal. "Met Cap today, had a lengthy discussion about Gun ownership (I'm still right). Good talk. Cap's the best"

Agreed, Frank is a sick individual and I could see him making this his head cannon in order to have some semblance of a good day.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That version of Punisher translated perfectly to screen with Punisher: War Zone. Still arguably the most faithful and best comic book movie committed to the screen. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

That poor Jamaican Irish sounding man wishes he was blown up by a rocket launcher. :smith:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 19, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

At least Namor got in an "Imperius Rex!" line and imapled Doom with his trident before being vaporized. I feel like Thanos felt stirred enough poo poo that he tried to talk a ton of smack before getting killed. Like he knew he was going to die but he really REALLY didn't think he was going to straight up get FATALITY-ed on himself. Thanos was really good overall in Secret Wars and The Wall.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

The last few pages belong here, too.

HA! That's loving awesome. The first and only thing tangentially related to the prequels I will say was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

The last few pages belong here, too.

Sooooooo did he get the clones to kill the Inquisitors?