Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

AzMiLion posted:

Since we're on the webcomic side of things, this is less a case of badass behaviour and more badass art.

Zimmy(the girl with the long black hair) has been helping the girl in the bed with some etherial problems. So in this chapter she deals with a bunch of weird poo poo happening, some of which she is definitely familiar with.

Then this happens at the end.

Actual chapter starts here, but i don't want to dump an entire chapter in here.

Start of Gunnerkrigg.

Is there some context where this becomes badass and not just nonsensical? I read the entire chapter, even, but am not familiar with Gunnerkrigg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

To be fair, the silver surfer can be really lovely at his job.

What do you expect when you hire a surfer to be head of your Public Relations department?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Senor Candle posted:

This conversation is so Badass.

I miss the old rules about "can't post without images in an panels thread"

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Don't know exactly what issue of Saga these are from (I have the trades on Comixology and I wasn't keeping track, plus these aren't my scans), but holy loving poo poo:

The Will confirmed best character

That's from the first trade, I think it's around issue 3 or 4.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

I think it works there, but the clothes removal is the part that pushes it right up to the line.

Everything else seems comical, the "embarass the gently caress out of him" part is the only part that seems reasonable. "Give him a bat to even the odds" and "injure him exactly enough to subdue him without causing any serious injuries" are the bullshit manuevers there.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

The fistfights never work for Lex; he gets physically and verbally beaten.

All-Star Superman #12

I love how defeated Lex breaks the panel on the bottom.

Superman is dumb though and Superman punching people to solve problems is the most dumb, especially while talking about how brains beat brawns. Unless you've got BR AI N S on your knuckles there boyscout you just laid out a dude with your brawn.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

prefect posted:

Like so much about this series, I can't decide if it should go into "badass" or "funny".

Keeshhound posted:

Please tell me he fires it and gets put in a body cast by the recoil. :allears:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I will never understand why people hate The Punisher as a comic book character. Like, his vigilantism is SUPER BAD and we should hate him because in real life it would be loving terrible, meanwhile some loving dude in a cape gets the city wrecked every other week and everyone is like "he's so cool because he never kills anyone (except for all those people underneath him) but if that happened even once it would be full out nuclear war on that guy because every battle would be a 9/11 sized tragedy at best and would make Katrina look like it was handled intelligently.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wow that's good. Dini is so fuckin' good at Batman.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman #5
A new Eradicator has been chasing around the new-old Superman family (Look up their Rebirth deal if you gotta.) Superman has flown them up to Batman's secret moon base.

Reminder of the crazy Hell suit Bruce had previously taken to Apokolips to beat up Darkseid and save his son:

For someone who doesn't know what the gently caress is going on and who the gently caress these characters are supposed to be (evil superman is not superman? The kid is Damien...but he's kryptonian? what the gently caress?) can I get a rundown on what is going on?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

redbackground posted:

Did you just skip the last batch of posts?

I read them but given that robo superman says his mom is meat and bone I thought that meant she was dead and also did not think lois lane would dress up as batman because I don't know why she'd get batman branding, ever.

Aphrodite posted:

It's Lois Lane dressing up as Mecha Batman to punch a robot that's trying to kill her son.

thanks

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

The problem with the "superstitious and cowardly lot" problem is that it assumes criminals are inherently evil people and not, y'know, people with serious mental illnesses or people who come from hosed up situations with no real better choices or so-on.

Which is pretty loving ironic considering that Batman's rogue gallery is full of criminals who are neither superstitious nor cowardly and indeed a good chunk would in fact benefit more from serious actual help rather than being punched in the face over and over. Mr. Freeze or Two-Face for starters.

I think it requires a lot of cognitive dissonance to ignore all the times that he's taken them to get help, been sympathetic to their plight, etc. At the end of the day if you really need mental help but you also kill a bunch of people because you're coping with your pain by letting a coin make all sorts of decisions (that you still frame and have control over) then you're still a loving murderer.

Like, his rogues all wind up in Arkham and not Gotham State because they are attempting treatment.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Herr Tog posted:

By the way thank you for this amazing poo poo

Yeah this is loving awesome

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Awesome job on the lettering to demonstrate how loving fast Diana was moving.

I can't tell if you're serious or not but I thought it was a poor execution on a good idea.

I also think the Wonder Woman ghost arms should be different levels of opacity to show stepping through time, too :v:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Onmi posted:

Illuminating Comics. Yes though they've stopped the series after finishing Secret Wars.

But now for an actual badass panels

Is there some context that doesn't make this a bunch of random goofy poo poo and techno/time-gibberish?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

redbackground posted:

Context: DC One Million is a fever dream of sweet, sweet time travel madness.

Fair enough. I feel like Grant Morrison's work doesn't really break down into snippets nicely. There's sort of a mood you have to sink into. I'm reading the Invisibles for the first time and read The Filth right beforehand and the little bits of continuity and consistency he builds in makes the wackiness work but if you just like show three panels of Sharon, The Bio-Ship in a void it's just dumb bullshit (instead of meticulously crafted bullshit).

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I've only read the Vader comics but they were really good and demonstrated the relationship that Vader has with the Emperor - a sort of hard knock dad / teacher and his cocky but underperforming pupil.

Palpatine basically has a Vader replacement program that causes tension while Vader also investigates the guy who blew up the Death Star.

Also ThreeZero and BT are awesome.

Here's some context:

and here's a great payoff later on. Note that they're gambling with stolen imperial funds and that ThreeZero is very bad at the game they're playing and knew this going in:

Sigma-X fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 18, 2017

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
What Star War is that guy fighting in? That looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I like the part where she grits her teeth while screaming aaah and then opens her mouth silently after.

That art is actually not good.