Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Choco1980 posted:

is...is Tippytoe going to be okay? :ohdear:

Better than Monkey Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

I think he used his heat vision, but it was about effective as a laser pointer.

Where do you get your laser pointers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrkwxMnTfTw

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Ross is like the Anti-Land. You can tell he uses photo reference extensively, but you can also tell that he puts real work into the material he references, and that he does it in the name of better art, rather than easier art. The unfortunate downside is that his art comes out a bit too static for sequential storytelling, and his Rockwell-esque aesthetic is a bit of a sore thumb next to most modern art styles. Regardless, some of the best art in the medium has Ross' name on it.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

In the epilogue, when the World's Finest are in the weird superhero restaurant, Bruce orders his steak well done. With black coffee on the side.

That is what we're talking about, yes.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

I'd like to think that Alfred would have slapped him upside the head in an attempt to correct this kind of behavior, but then again, Alfred is King Enabler, so...

What are you talking about? All he did was allow the emotionally damaged child for whom he was solely responsible to develop an all-consuming, extremely dangerous obsession. How could that, and directly assisting said child in pursuing his self-destructive obsession, be considered enabling?

Keeshhound posted:

One other point; it's not like this is a nice restaurant. How far would you really trust a theme diner's cook to do steak right anyway?

I wouldn't trust most steakhouses with that.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

I order medium rare expecting somewhere in the range of rare to medium regardless of where I go, and I'm very, very rarely surprised with an overdone steak.

I generally have the opposite experience, to the point that I often order steak rare because I'm more likely to get medium rare than if I actually order medium rare.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Man, Hickman wrote the best Thor.

Messrs. Simonson and Aaron would like a word.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Fair. Hickman writes lots of things really good.

haitfais fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 26, 2017

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, far future.

Well of course until someone makes a new future and retcons that future into being Earth-blahblahinsertnumber

Secret Wars kind of did the opposite of that with the same basic result.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I simultaneously love and hate you for this.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Norns posted:

To be fair most everything goes over my head so :shrug:

You need better reflexes.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

One Punch Man gets a pass.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Kramjacks posted:

So uh, what's up with that dude's head?

Joseph Merrick was from Krypton?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

Is there anyone better at fighting from underneath than Spider-Man? He is a great underdog.

Ant Man.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

purple death ray posted:

They also were working on Godzilla vs Batman that would have been a crossover with the Adam West Batman.

I will never feel joy again, knowing we were deprived of this.