Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
:siren: Top Ten spoilers :siren:

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You can hide images behind spoiler tags now :ssh:

Good to know!

edit: vvvv It seems to work on Awful for android, you just need to click twice on each image.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 22, 2016

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
The whole reason why Jeff Smax plays the silent badass loner character in Top Ten is so people won't find out he's really just a dumb hick from some backwater magical kingdom.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Also he fought a dragon once:

SMAX spoilers:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm gonna need some context for what makes those panels badass. Because it looks like 'hero tries to rescue princess, fails so utterly and instantly that the dragon doesn't even bother to harm him, and runs away so fast he winds up in a different genre'.

That's pretty much exactly what happened, except he's invulnerable.

The dragon is bad, and an rear end.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I liked the part where the big guy with a hammer hit the robot man with a bolt of lightning.

The best part of Civil War was that it left Giffen, Abnett and Lanning free to do whatever they wanted to Marvel's Cosmic lineup with little to no editorial oversight.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

site posted:

Dang those are some cool panels what's all that stuff in avulsions post from

Hello welcome to Cosmic Marvel, please read everything on this list:

The pages in my earlier post are from Annihilation.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
It's a universe where evil gods from beyond time killed Death and corrupted all the heroes into cancerous abominations. Thanos, Death's #1 fanboy, was not welcome.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

WickedHate posted:

This feels like it subverts the powerlessness and cowed subservience Vader exhibits in Return of the Jedi.

This would be cool if not for the really dumb insistence on not killing him, like oh my god Steve this is not the time and place.

Killing is just un-American.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Action Jacktion posted:

They're trying to lift a curse that causes a chicken to follow them around.

I can think of an easier way to break that curse AND get a free meal.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Jerusalem posted:

The way he's standing makes it look like he can't bend his legs, and now I'm imagining him striding forward by having to pivot his locked legs from the hips :allears:

None of his joints actually work, he just floats around on repulsors.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Android Blues posted:

Those X-Men clone panels are creepy as hell honestly, I'd love to see more of that sequence. What's the source?

Like the pride of Cyclopses in iron masks. drat.

Gillen's Uncanny X-Men #14

Sinister lobotomized a Celestial at the beginning of the run and used its brain to build an underground kingdom of Sinister clones based on Victorian London.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Lurdiak posted:

Remember in Preacher where the bad guy gets raped in the rear end.

I find that harder to believe the more Ennis writes, because that's all he writes, and those characters always win and are established to be morally superior to others within their own world. Like I won't say that Ennis genuinely wishes The Punisher was real or anything, but it's hard to look at his work and say "Punisher is broken" when everyone Punisher fights is like 3x more hosed up than he is and the normal people that disagree with him get humiliated and brutalized.

Frank Castle is a paragon of mental health.

Avulsion posted:

Punisher MAX was a great book not because of the excessive violence, but because of how well it conveyed the concept that Frank Castle is not a Hero. He's a monster every bit as bad as the people he kills, sometimes worse. Killing bad guys doesn't make him one of the good guys.

Ennis writes horrible hosed up stuff that is sometimes really really good.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

flosofl posted:

Is he still batshit insane? Or is it crippling agoraphobia or history of drug abuse this time?

I think he was all of those at one point or another.

Sentry went crazy, died, then got resurrected by the Apocalypse Twins (Archangel's Genocidally insane kids, one of whom is featured in Thor's "I. CARE. NOT." scene) to serve as one of the Horsemen (Death, I think). Then he went even crazier.

For more info, check out the Uncanny Avengers.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Herr Tog posted:

Thank you~

And wait apocalypse hates mutants? I...am out of touch with comics clearly. I'll go read uh onslaught as uh penance?

Uncanny Avengers #11:

The Sentry is extra super turbo crazy in this arc. He's got more voices in his head than usual and he's going off script to do his own thing.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Calaveron posted:

So do you suppose his skin sounded like a very tense rubber band snapping when his face reformed over his skull into place or was it a soft schlurping sound

Probably a slurp. In the second to last panel you can see it just hanging loose.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Cuchulain posted:

Someone post the Boros punch seen from space page.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

AnonSpore posted:

There was that one panel of him firing off a really rude insult at some mutated snake-woman (?) that came across as genuinely mean spirited instead of just quippy.

To be fair, she was trying to take away his superpowers and lock him up in an extradimensional prison.

People who get kicked out of the Avengers Initiative have their powers removed. Without her powers, Lizard girl is stuck in a wheelchair.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Lurdiak posted:

I think the logic for the summer bros being immune to each other was something about their beams having shared wavelengths or something like that, essentially their powers, while outwardly different, are related. It wasn't necessarily a bloodline thing, although obviously that's how it was treated thematically.

I just figured that since cyclops hasn't blasted his own eyelids off, he's got some innate immunity to his own powers. Havoc is just cyclops without the brain damage, so being immune to each other's powers doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

VolticSurge posted:

Hey, can anyone find those awesome panels where Iron Man kicked the poo poo outta some Elves? I wanted to show them to a friend of mine, but an image search yields nothing.

TwoPair posted:

Iron Man #25: When last we left Tony Stark, he was trying to capture the rings of the Mandarin, which were being stolen by the dark elf Malekith (villain of the previous arc of Thor God of Thunder and also villain of the new Thor movie) but his plan to just use a stealth suit and sneak into Svartalfheim backfired hard. So instead of saying "gently caress it" and getting out of there, he said "gently caress it" and called in his back up plan: A big-rear end armor that is composed entirely of iron (note for those not big on mythology: elves are basically deadly allergic to iron)

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 14, 2018

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

From Mike Carey's Lucifer #18

Christopher Rudd was once the finest swordsman in all the land. Now he is in hell, the plaything of a Demoness seeking scandalous diversions. He has just learned that the centuries of torment he suffered in the fields of pain served not to cleanse and purify his immortal soul, but merely to provide some temporary amusement for demons wiling away their eternity. He is not happy.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Alhazred posted:

There's a scene in Punisher Max where two crooks has that same conversation about Frank Castle. Then one of them says "but what if that's no longer true?" and then they both run away.

Avulsion posted:

Punisher MAX was a great book not because of the excessive violence, but because of how well it conveyed the concept that Frank Castle is not a Hero. He's a monster every bit as bad as the people he kills, sometimes worse. Killing bad guys doesn't make him one of the good guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me