Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Soonmot posted:

Perennial favorite Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Shirtless, akimbo laser pistols, cigar and wall crashing rocket cycle. Bro is totes alpha.

I've seen this spread a ton, but never what leads up to it:
Nick Fury, chillin' in the desert smoking a cigar while a SHIELD missile descends upon him so he can test a new force shield (you'd think they'd use dummies for this). The shield is sabotaged, so Nick runs to a rocket powered sled as it speeds away, jumps on, and is dragged to safety.

Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

However that would explain why there isn't a proper website and why it's kind of messy. I'll have to keep an eye out for it, then.

I've definitely got my eye on it and will probably spam this thread once it comes out.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

RickVoid posted:

Holy Hell it's Dark Souls the comic.

Has he made an update since november?

I think he's posted some things, but not actual comic pages. It's been stated above, but he got a publishing deal and is working on completing the entire thing before showing it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Ultra Humanite has swapped brains with Power Girl's friend. PG is not amused.

Power Girl 11

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Bozart posted:

I also like the justification that she hadn't done something horrific by mutilating whats her name, because apparently surgeons can reattach their own limbs now?

To be fair, she does have a super smart badger sidekick and tons of animal parts laying around.

(also, boobs)

Power Girl 11

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

McSpanky posted:

So far all I've seen is loads of T&A, a hero blasting someone's arm off to show they mean SERIOUS BUSINESS and the hideously overused glowing heat vision rage-eyes on a Super-person trope. The high point of a nadir ain't that impressive.

So, basing a run on 1.5 pages...

It's the one time she has gotten angry and blasted someone in 12 issues (the only other use of her heat vision was to entertain her cat). Most of the time, she's trying to get people to stop fighting and this whole final arc is set off because she wants to get the Ultra Humanite psychiatric help instead of just beating him up and eventually finds a cure for the illness that made him put his brain in a monkey's body.

But, it's Power Girl, so she tends to go for punching first and even Conner can't help drawing T&A.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Well, here's a funny series of pages I put up a couple days ago.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3505073&pagenumber=244#post428914411

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

"Badass Panels: Pretty much just excessive violence"? Okay! (This started off headed for the funny panels, but...)

Shaolin Cowboy is running from zombies.

Shaolin Cowboy #1

Then, you get 22 double page spreads in issues #2-3 of this (timg for size, violence, and naked zombies):

Then, seven more pages of double page spreads of this:

Issue #4 tones it down to approximately 20 single pages of this:

Culminating in:

Shaolin Cowbow #2-4

Note: I have included 95% of the dialog in the four issue arc.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

You didn't post the "previously on" from the first issue. I'd say you actually posted about 1% of the text.

poo poo, I forgot. I already grabbed a screenshot of those pages for my friend, so here you go:

Shaolin Cowboy #1

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

You might like Skull Kickers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Iron Man and Mr. Sensitive have a knock down, drag out fight at the Church of the Naked Truth.

X-Statix #24

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sexcastle is a comic where every bad 80's cliche is played straight. Here, he is attacked by a guild of assassins. Oh, and those are "gunchucks".

Sexcastle by Kyle Starks.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Jake Wyatt did one issue from last years X-Men/Spider-Man crossover (Indestructible Hulk Special), it was good too!

He's also illustrating the Gerard Way issue of Edge of Spider-Verse later this year.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Bandette #4

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Dream takes no poo poo.

Sandman Overture #3

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This week.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

He really loves to take seemingly mundane punishments and extending them for a long time (long for him, who is Endless).

Sandman #27

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Warlock v. Space Shark

Warlock 14

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

zoux posted:

I know these are supposed to be super special space deathsharks but I hate it when superheros are fighting animals. Adam Warlock here, one of the only credible threats to Thanos but here I am being seriously tasked by a fish.

In this case, Warlock is trying to get to Earth while a powerful psychic mind is trying to slow him down. It's not a space shark, it's a psychic projection of one by someone who is powerful enough to destroy the galaxy. It's not technically alive. No space sharks were harmed in the making of those pages.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Saw this on comiXology's Tumblr. I believe it's Captain Marvel #7.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sharks? Who said anything about sharks? (I did.)

Uncanny X-Force 33

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm sorry I posted something that was a little bit silly in a comic book forum. Here's something 100% serious to make up for it.

N.E.X.T.Wave #1

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

(He beat up the pile of ninja on the last page earlier in the issue.)

TMNT 11

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Boxman posted:

Can someone post the pages of Alopex beating on the traitor foot soldiers? Or really, just the "Ssh, it's all right, you'll lose" panel.

If it's in the main series, I can when I get to it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gavok posted:

It's in the Alopex Microseries issue.

Knew I should have bought those!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Jumping on the Lumberjanes bandwagon.

A few pages later:

All from Lumberjanes #3

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

I'd rather see a reverse Chairface Chippendale, use your Super Moon Laser to scorch your name into the Earth. Larger writing area, plus can be a level 1 invasion deterrant.

You don't need a laser for that, just a poo poo load of dynamite and a hatred toward NASA.

(from somewhere in Preacher. I'd get an issue number and more pages, but random Google searches on my phone are making that difficult.)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I remember thane awesome fight between Rucka's Punisher and the Vulture, but I don't have those scans anymore to post.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Was Ultimate Doc Ock the one who could control his arms from a distance?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The Predator has been killing Judges and got tracked to the undercity.

It's injured, but still alive. Judge Dredd will take care of that.

There's some fighting, some more napalm, Dredd rips his shirt off.

And the final showdown.

Predator vs. Judge Dredd #3

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I didn't include it, but the psychic tells Dredd that the Predator was hurt and dying, on Earth for one last hunt and an honorable death. It also knew that the gun would explode. And before it died, it took out a few of Dredd's men and two heavy armor mech units. So, yeah, evenly matched!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Dredd versus one of the Dark Judges

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sentry, Hyperion, Thor, and Doom because magic is a counter to Superman.

Ares, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch. That's just Avengers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Puntification posted:

I always thought Tim looks too much like Harry Potter not to be an intentional rip-off anyway what with the pet owl, glasses, same haircut and all.

He first appeared in 1990. The first Harry Potter book came out in 1997.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Superman would chump the gently caress out of Ares. Superman is vulnerable to magic in the sense that a spell that turns a human into a pig would likely turn Superman into a pig. Someone who's magically strong isn't necessarily stronger than Superman.

Squirrel Girl.
:colbert:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

prefect posted:

Time travel?! :aaaaa:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ponder Stibbons from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is also another obvious Harry Potter rip off:

... whose first appearance was also in 1990. Terry Pratchett has gone on record to admit using time travel to steal JK Rowling's ideas. :v:

And Neil Gaiman and Terry Pritchett released Good Omens in 1990!

And T2 was being filmed in 1990. It all makes sense, now!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Fuego Fish posted:

Comics have shown us that mastering one thing instantly makes you amazing with everything else remotely related to that field. Sort of how Lex Luthor went to business school and suddenly became the world's leading expert on genetics :pseudo:

I just read the Fantastic Four Original Sin issue. In it, Reed encounters a locked door and Alicia asks him if he can just "use your science" on it to open it. That's such a vague question and a really weird way of phrasing it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

New Leaf posted:

You really think she's doing anything unprotected? She's Bat-family. That suit is obviously covered with a layer of flexible fast-hardening microscopic nano Bat-polymer that cushion the blow and leave behind only the fresh scent of pine JUSTICE.

One thing I'm not digging about this series is all the emphasis on how poor she is. In this issue, her computer is busted and she can't fix it because she can't get ahold of a spare hard drive. Really? You don't know anyone that might be able to help you out?

Maybe it's explained elsewhere, but I jumped on last issue cold and have no idea why Bruce isn't helping out.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Yes. I haven't read a Batman comic in years (pre New-52), stopped reading Batwoman with JH WIlliams, and followed the first two issues of this new run (starting with #35) just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Like I said, I followed 35 just fine jumping I am cold. The last thing I've read with Barbara in it was Black Mask, Killing Joke before that, so I don't really know anything about her. The only thing I've read with Black Canary was Longbow Hunters years ago. I wasn't confused by anything and figured I'd pick up on who all the characters are as the series goes on from context clues.