Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Being gay myself I kinda rolled my eyes at the Rawhide Kid thing. It was so over-the-top and campy that it'd fit right in with Rupaul's Drag Race. Maybe if I liked the character more it'd be different, but honestly, who knew of him outside of Handbook of the Marvel Universe collectors?

The one that actually made me angry was what they did with Northstar coming out, even as the closeted teenager I was at the time. The mere thought of it now still makes me angry. I could honestly go on a rant about that and I wasn't even much of a Northstar fan: he'd always been a boring ancillary character (which is exactly why he had been chosen for that).

I did like what they did with Wiccan and Hulkling, though. I'd been out of comics for awhile by the time I'd heard about that, but their relationship was a great thing to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
This may be a tall order but here goes: about 4-5 years ago or so, I ran across a comic cover (either Robin or Teen Titans) that, if memory serves, had Robin holding some sort of blade with the visage of (I think) Deathstroke being reflected off of it. Is anyone out there able to find this?

:ninja: edit: I think it may have been set in a graveyard.

Edit: scratch that, I found it: Nightwing vs Shrike

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 15, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Mystique can look at a dude and then shift her shape to look like him, talk like him, walk like him. She can defeat fingerprint scans, facial recognition, retinal scans. She doesn't have to sample the guy's DNA or anything, she just goes 'you know what, I want to be that guy now' and she is. And people are really getting hung up on the notion that some of that biology might be, y'know, functional?

Seriously?

Seriously. The things people get hung up on. :shrug: Nightcrawler's mother was originally intended to be Destiny, right?