Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

bobkatt013 posted:

Nick Fury whispered something that caused him to no longer be worthy.

And dollars to doughnuts whatever it was will be just mindbogglingly dumb like everything about that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Every hint seems to be it has something to do with mortality. Jane can lift the hammer and its killing her, and he becomes worthy when he goes off to his death in Avengers.

Which is extra dumb because Thor has faced death repeatedly in his stories. In Aaron's own run Thor fought a guy called the Godbutcher who unsurprisingly butchered gods and almost got three time displaced incarnations of himself killed.

If Aaron is giving Mjolnir a personality it's that of a sadistic serial killer. It's literally killing Jane.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 19, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Still in the heart of a sun.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Squizzle posted:

Something like Doesn't it feel awesome to be worthy?—something that makes it a point of pride. Being Thor becomes a selfish, unworthy thing if you feel superior to anyone who can't lift the hammer or just take that hammer-endorsement as a magical confirmation that you're :krad: amazing.

Jane's dying from Thorness, which makes it about as selfless as becoming a literal god can be.

Except when it's brought up it's treated like an addiction and not as a selfless act. The whole narrative is all over the place.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Can't it be both?

I have a hard time seeing the selflessness of "I'm slowly killing myself with an addiction to heroine"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's kind of weird that, in Claremont's second or third issue on X-Men, he'd already decided to kill off one member of the new team, and it came down to a choice between Wolverine and Thunderhawk. Imagine how different things may have turned out if it had gone the other way. I reckon he would've been back before too long.

Probably not. That was before the Hellfire Club arc elevated him to king badass and he was instead the guy who rushed in and got beat down to prove they needed to work as a team, he'd probably have been largely forgotten.

I still like the reality warping power set for Wanda the current "no it's totally actually magic" is pretty dumb. Have you ever been so mad at your dad you broke reality to not be his daughter? Wanda has. Several times.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Madkal posted:

Just wanted to let everyone here know that even though he isn't a clone, doppelganger, long lost twin, possessed, or mind controlled, Rhyno has secretly been working for DT this whole time.

Mind blown.

Oh what a not totally played out twist.

Be honest is anybody here not secretly working for DT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Injustice was really good at a slow believable decline from Superman to Evil Superman. I mean the first thing Evil Superman does is to say no body gets to kill anyone even governments and starts taking out US drones when they think they are exempt. That's a believable step a traumatized Superman would take.