Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What is Valeria's relationship to Dr Doom? Why does she call him Uncle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the information about Valeria.

No thanks for the too much information about Valeria.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That chart sure makes one ask a lot of questions that can all be answered with the phrase "because the 1990s"

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I have a box of 90s comics at home in Canada. Might as well burn them (we live in the country) because Shadowhawk 1? Spawn 2? What the gently caress.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Also, whoa, Mignola on early X-Force.

I remember being an upset pre-teen because some Mignola guy was doing the art instead of Rob.

Woe. Woe.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I love Mark Waid.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Can someone tell me what issues show Venom joining the Guardians? I've somehow missed this.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Or the insurance company can just not pay out for a major disaster, another likely outcome.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wouldn't this create a trade in black market batarangs?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm going through that giant Cosmic Marvel thing thanks to Marvel Unlimited and I can't believe how good it is. The Star-Lord thing pre Conquest, Secret Invasions: Inhumans have been much better than I expected and the main event books were just awesome with all the backstory from reading, well, everything.

I'm just taking a break from that and jumped back to the Comixology app since I read on a Mini and want to give my eyes a rest. I am catching up on my GotG and have a question about the planet Spartax:

what's up with Spartax?

Of all the cosmic civs they are one I'm not familiar with and I've been reading since the 80s with one giant late 90s hole.

Where can I find out how the society is organized and what it's like. I've learned loads about the Kree, Shiar and Skrulls of course.

Also, what about the Badoon?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Shitshow posted:

I'm trying to work my way through Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers and have made it to the Prelude to Infinity trade. While I like the New Avengers quite a bit, I find Avengers to be a total slog. Does it get better and should I continue? If I'm not feelin' it at this point, should I just walk away?

I don't enjoy Hickman's Avengers at all but I get codes off a friend. I liked his FF a bit but I'm just not a big Hickman guy. I think that's a minority view here though.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Thank you because I felt like I was the only person who disliked Young Avengers in the world.

I thought it was okay, but I didn't like Hickman's Avengers either.

Until I started re reading them yesterday. Halfway through Infinity now, it's much better reading in arcs than monthly.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there anything critical reading wise between Avengers 33 to 35. It says 8 months later and should it just be treated as 8 months of what was going on?

I probably phrased this poorly, really glad I decided to reread this stuff.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks guys. With all the bingeing I've done on this my only regret is that I'll have to wait a short time to get to the conclusion I'm really excited about now. Can't wait. There's so much going forward I don't worry about every little detail like I did trying to follow monthly.

Also, yeah not much to Avengers World although it's been better recently.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I started reading Spidey in the early 90s and enjoyed the McFarlane and Larsen stuff, when did it really go off the rails? Carnage?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The U.S. outsources torture to European prisons so what I'm saying is you're all awful

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
didn't he make a video of himself driving? thats kinda dangerous

more so when you include that you are also drawing at the same time as driving and recording it for the Internet

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Isn't Liefeld also a really big holy roller?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I wonder if the price of New Mutants 98 will make up for the money I spent on 90s Image comics like Young Blood and Bloodstrike.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, you basically just said "Frank Miller's not American, he's from Maryland!"

that's not anywhere close

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Been waiting over 3 years for it to go on sale again. :argh:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Nonplayer :allears:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He's dying??

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That's awful. Feel bad for the guy even though I don't like what he's become.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Uthor posted:

Skeletor?

For all his faults, Skeletor at least surrounded himself with diverse people.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Effectronica posted:

They look that way because many Americans actually believed that Japanese people all were short, had poor eyesight, and buck teeth, along with, of all things, inner-ear problems.

yet in reality the difference was Japanese people have longer intestines

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Nonplayer is the most limited series.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I thought it was around 40 tons according to the old TSR role playing game.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The sad thing is, I can actually check that; both Spider-Man and Power Man (which is what he was going by at the time this game came out) are listed at a Strength of INCREDIBLE (40), which isn't tied to a specific lifting ability but is more of an abstraction. Each does the same amount of damage with a punch, at least.

That's not sad, I'm impressed with both of us.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Dazzler was also harvested for Mutant Growth Hormone.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I have fond memories of throwing that book in the trash with a lot of other Image books last summer.

The holofoil will still be there millennia from now.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I've eaten dog in three countries and I would say it's an important food in none of them whatsoever and certainly not stereotype over it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
So since Bru left the book it's been Dad Cap, Old Cap, Black Cap and now Hydra Cap?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm reading ASM 364 because Im a Shocker mark and it's when Peter's parents come back.

It's around the time I got out of comics so whatever happened with this terrible idea?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Robot duplicates built by the Chameleon.

Haha can't tell if you are messing with me or not. The computer aging bit in 364 was so funny.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Harry got the Chameleon to do it?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Still can't believe they were robots but I guess it's why nothing was mentioned in the last 20 years about it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Insipid comments.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there any decent way to read good Cerebus digitally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Battlechasers is best left in the 90s

Source: bought it a year or two ago on sale