Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Long cuffs.

I stamped out some stuff so excuse the garbled boot.

e: I wonder if he had panty lines to start with and they decided to rub them out at the last minute.
Maybe a shading resistant crotch is a feature.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Is he hoping it'll shrink in the wash?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
What is happening on his face?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

terminal case of The Hatches

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

For all the problems in Futures End, at least they got Superman right - shirt, jeans, cape, and a five-year beard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
gently caress there is only one more issue of Swamp Thing, and this months issue was great.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man, what a great cliffhanger

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Space Fish posted:

For all the problems in Futures End, at least they got Superman right - shirt, jeans, cape, and a five-year beard.

As a guy who hates street clothes costumes because they come off as lazy, that is the best Superman costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Space Fish posted:

Oh cool he's joining the Avengers!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Which book is this?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

Which book is this?

Green Arrow

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Green Arrow

Huh. I might actually need to check it out, looks pretty boss.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WickedHate posted:

Huh. I might actually need to check it out, looks pretty boss.

Just keep in mind that since is written by some of Arrow's showrunners, is pretty much Arrow's characters transplanted into the N52. Is pretty entertaining as a classic superhero comic book but very different from Lemire's run.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Oh cool he's joining the Avengers!

My exact thought. But also, I think it works great. Big beards are in.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Teenage Fansub posted:

Long cuffs.

I stamped out some stuff so excuse the garbled boot.

e: I wonder if he had panty lines to start with and they decided to rub them out at the last minute.
Maybe a shading resistant crotch is a feature.

Or maybe it's just JRJR's lovely art. Even CBR calls out the crap quality of the art in this issue in their review, which surprised me.

Art aside, I loved this book. Johns absolutely nails it and if I had my way I'd keep him and Pak writing Superman for years. Love that they kept the indestructible cape but gave him a regular costume again, and I have absolutely zero problems with his new superpower - it's a logical extension of his current powerset and it increases the versatility of the character while also opening up some potentially interesting story options. The fact that he loses his powers after a Flare makes me convinced he won't just become Goku-light. I can't wait to see how they handle it going forward.

I love that he's back at the Daily Planet, and I love that he revealed himself to Jimmy. Seriously, if it weren't for the art this book would probably be tied with Transformers MTMTE as my most anticipated every month. It's vexing. I loved John's previous Superman run as well, but Gary Frank's creepy Christopher Reeve-inspired Superman drove me up a wall every time I saw his face.

The Goon fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 5, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The Goon posted:

it increases the versatility of the character while also opening up some potentially interesting story options. The fact that he loses his powers after a Flare makes me convinced he won't just become Goku-light. I can't wait to see how they handle it going forward.

We are doomed to years of him super-exploding and then having to fight with no/limited powers welcome to the new normal.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I'm actually getting a good feeling about this story.

Someone stop me before I start anticipating it!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

We are doomed to years of him super-exploding and then having to fight with no/limited powers welcome to the new normal.

This power was made for arcade game screen-clearing supers.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I've been assuming it's Superman's Shine Spark. Confirm/Deny?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Yvonmukluk posted:

I like that they bringing back characters we actually care about, but just don't really like the talent writing the stories.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Yvonmukluk posted:

I still have a ton of goodwill for Bedard thanks to his time writing Negation, and the fact that he outright prefers Kyle and Wally to Hal and Barry makes me want to support him even more. Will definitely buy this.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

This was a nice article, and I'm looking forward to picking up a Flash Wally story since forever. Shame it has to be during Convergence.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Jiro posted:

This was a nice article, and I'm looking forward to picking up a Flash Wally story since forever. Shame it has to be during Convergence.

When else were they going to tell a story about Wally West?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Two Tone Shoes posted:

When else were they going to tell a story about Wally West?

When he shows up slaps Barry and says "You moron. Jesus gimmie a minute" then fixes the universe in the span of a panel.

I can dream god drat it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So for once, GL wasn't horrible, it was pretty good actually. So I guess that as long Venditti stays away of huge "this will change everything" stories and the light reservoir bullshit he can deliver a great GL.

Green Arrow while pretty standard for a super hero was very entertaining.

Swamp Thing WAS the book of the week, holy poo poo. I'm gonna miss Soule.

Action Comics was pretty drat good and just for the art alone was worth the price.

Superman was alright.

Eternal is still a thing

Earth 2 was great if just to see a slightly more heroic Fate

Earth's End keeps being the best weekly, shame that is the one with the worst art.

Grayson was alright although the art was a huge letdown.

Future's End has finally hit its stride.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SirDan3k posted:

When he shows up slaps Barry and says "You moron. Jesus gimmie a minute" then fixes the universe in the span of a panel.

I can dream god drat it.

Can we have a series called Wally West fixes comics where he goes all round the multiverse and undoes moronic reboots and retcons?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

lotus circle posted:

So hey good news: they're not finger-less gloves. They're just hand-armor.

The fact that it is hand armour doesn't surprise me. When JRJr drew the Sentry, he drew him with those. I guess it's something he likes on his flying brick characters, and wanted to port it over.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue in a debate about the merits of art styles. It's something I have like no ability to parse, at all. So whenever threads feature arguments about art and art styles, I just skip past those comments.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I'll take the artistic arguments in this thread than the one I had last night anytime: Kingdom Come vs Forever Evil.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Die Laughing posted:

I'll take the artistic arguments in this thread than the one I had last night anytime: Kingdom Come vs Forever Evil.

We all have friends with bad opinions.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Can we have a series called Wally West fixes comics where he goes all round the multiverse and undoes moronic reboots and retcons?

That would require that DC actually cared about Wally or their terribly built chronology.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I realise that these are probably puff pieces, but drat if these Convergence interviews aren't making me actually look forward to it.

I want to hear from Alisa Kwitney about the Batgirl one, though. She's an unknown quantity and writing three of my favourite characters, I need to know how tensed for disappointment I need to be.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The disappointment will really come when convergence is over and it goes back to regular New 52

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Can someone fill me in on who the ladies on the right are? I mean, duh, we have Arsenal, Batman, Luthor and Katana, but there's Redhead-with-bow (Cupid?), Maybe-a-ninja (Shado?) and Black-lady-in--t-shirt (?)

Green Arrow, Batgirl and Gotham Academy are the only mainline DC books I get right now. (I only barely know Lex is a good guy now)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's Green Arrow's sister, Emiko in the mask.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 6, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I haven't been paying much attention and trying to figure out DC's website is like peering into Delirium's realm; when does Convergence start, precisely? I wanna make sure I don't miss it.

:smithicide:

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 6, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Convergence #0 is out on April 1st. #1 and the first week of miniseries on the 8th.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

That's Green Arrow's sister, Emiko in the mask.

And the redhead's definitely Cupid, I just noticed her making a little heart with her fingers, duh. Who's the one of the far right?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hey Roy, uh... bows usually work better with strings.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And who needs to die in DC editorial before they realise how awful that loving hat is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Nah, most archers will leave their bows unstrung most of the time so the string doesn't get damag...oohhh he's actually nocking an arrow, isn't he? Nevermind.

Man, April's so far away. :saddowns: It's just oh so unfortunate I won't be reading any DC before then, isn't it?

• Locked thread