Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

spacejung posted:

What are some precedents for husband-wife creative teams? Did the Abnetts ever do something like this?

Palmiotti/Conner
Mike Allred/Laura Allred
Frank Miller/Lynn Varley
Kathryn and Stuart Immonens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cameron Stewart posted a panel from his issue of Multiversity on twitter:

I want to believe

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And another month, another set of themed variants. October will be the Spoooky month :ghost:

Cenobite Superman, holy poo poo :black101:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Madkal posted:

I know people here have a huge hate on for Simone, but I'm quite happy with her next project Secret Six.
I was a huge fan of the original series and I'm glad Simone is back to write more, as I felt it really was her best writing. Looks like she is bringing back Catman, but I'm pretty sure she won't be allowed to use Deadshot as he is currently being used in Suicide Squad, which is sad because one of the best aspect of Secret Six was Catman bromance with Deadshot. Still I'm happy to see the title come back.

Can anyone here tell about the status of ex-Secret Six members in the Nu52?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

redbackground posted:

What an ear for natural dialogue! WW by the Finches is off to a fine start!

WW is gonna twist some broccoli necks

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

"Sleep all day. Party all night. Never die." does not really fit Teen Titans

Also hell of a missed opportunity on not having Doug Mahnke for Joker-The Mask, Sienkiewicz is Miller's bro so he fits, although the cover is meh.

Beetlejuice and Magic Mike ones are perfect

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 12, 2014

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I haven't checked, but it seemed at a glance that all the DC movie poster covers were Warner Bros. movies, which explains why they might not have gone with more obvious or better-fitting choices, in some cases.

Warners did the Clash of the Titans remake; the original was distributed by MGM, but so was Wizard of Oz

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Caught up on Action Comics; Aaron Kuder really needs to jump this ship ASAP and do the writing himself on some other title. The run actually started fine, but then some crap crossover happened, and the current horror arc is too overwrought to be scary or disturbing, the good designs just can't carry it on their own. I like how Pak writes Lana, but there is too much stupid, distracting poo poo flying around,

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

First Bass posted:

JRJR is a cartoonist, Quietley is an artist.

I can't believe someone actually uses that distinction as a measure of quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

quote:

'Section Eight' by writer Garth Ennis & artist John McCrea
BUENO

• Locked thread