Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Only in the Firestorm book's Takeover storyline (#13-15) and Legion Lost (#0, 13-16) as Captain Adym.

Haha, what? I checked just to be sure that wasn't a typo. Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Let's tackle this from a different angle. Is Johns' take on Captain Marvel inherently bad, or just a bad fit for the character? What if he were writing a new version of, say, Prime?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Or Wild Dog, completely unaltered for the New 52.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Ah, comicbooks. Where if you go deaf once and get cured, you'll probably go deaf again.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I'm also not too sure they'll make a Young Justice book this soon after deep sixing the cartoon. But hey, you never know with these guys, am I right?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Mark is in the picture. He's the guy in the right-above-Big-Bear area.

Also, I'm crossing my fingers for something really goofy. There are four students from New Genesis, but the fifth member of the team is a human woman they befriend who is named Sarah Phan.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He did? Then why the media circus when they introduced Atom/Atomica?

Was there one? I just remember her using her shrinking power to GO INSIDE THE GAME. If you die in the game, you die in real life!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Really? I loved the expressions he put on Captain Shazam's big dumb face.

Have him draw the Big Red Shazam pulling this face and we'll talk.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

You make it sound like everything DC has done since COIE is one big zen koan. What is the sound of one Donna Troy rebooting?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

I want to frame this post and hang it on my wall.

Lemire is a good writer and the Dodson's are a good art team so hey DC here is a Teen Titans book that I will give a shot. Though I won't pretend to act surprised when Terra is the bad dude.

To go one step further, I'm not going to be impressed when someone finally gets around to writing a story where she acts mad sketchy but the "twist" is that she's good. Part of what made the Amanda Conner Terra fresh & interesting was that she had no baggage.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Except now Earth-1 is a series of standalone graphic novels and the New 52's universe isn't really called any Earth at all, unless Baby Broomer and I are remembering correctly and it's Earth-Prime.

Not sure if it's right, but I've heard it as Prime Earth a couple times.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Personally I'm hoping it's set-up for an Injustice-style book that ties into their upcoming DotA clone. Prime Earth sounds right at home alongside Atomic Earth, Nightmare Earth, and Gaslight Earth.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of, it seem that Seeley & co. will handle Nightwing's final issue despite being originally solicited like being written by Tynion. Seems that this direction was one of the reason for the massive delay with FE 7.

EDIT: I need to stop reading tumblr or Scans Daily, all the things they could talk about the Grayson announcement and they're just bitchin about Dick carrying a gun (you know, like secret agents are expected to) :cripes:

What kind of secret agent does what they're expected to?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

TwoPair posted:

The only possible good outcome of "Grayson" is if THE INDESTRUCTIBLE DICK GRAYSON APPEARS LIKE A HUMAN CYCLONE chomping a cigar with those pistols.

Apparently one of the writers did mention that they're aware of Grayson's sex appeal, and plan to use it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Am I reading wrong or this means that Eternal will run longer than a year?

(Please tell me I'm reading wrong :ohdear:)

Hey man, it says right in the name that it's Eternal.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I knew Lois Lane was getting psychic powers in Lobdell's comics from the Hector Hammond arc, but she's Braniac now? Anyone been reading Superman lately?

SM/WW #10

e: Aww, man. Guy Gardner has a full van dyke now. I loved the dirty 'stache :(

Arguably the best costume design since New 52 launched. Oddly reminiscent of Faith from Joe Kelly's JLA, though.

That said, my favorite cover this time around is Flash, because he is straight up slap-fighting Attack on Titan.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I'm seeing double! Four Lobos!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Speaking for myself, I'm just weary of the "house style" of events where it's always villain focused. It's pretty rare for the heroes to do anything other than show up for the last fight. Futures End doesn't excite or shock me, because it's basically the new normal.

I mean, I probably don't want every book to be Morrison's JLA either, but it'd be nice if I could point to something and go "That book is about superheroes."

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Oh, no, of course not. Futures End #0 is a grown up's book. A real story for real fans. Your kid can have Teen Titans Go! #1 from last year, if there are any leftovers.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

The New52 needs a reboot. That's not even a sarcastic comment, this is such a mess and it isn't like going back to #1 issues again is going to hurt anything considering they're doing gimmick month every month now. DC couldn't even be hosed enough to go through Wikipedia for each character and decide which major events happened for each character.

I would be fine with them pulling the hugest, douchiest cop out ever and saying all of the New 52 is Ultimate DC. I've become that which I hate, a dude who cares about the "real" version of Batman.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Urdnot Fire posted:

And they cancelled their Ultimate Spider-Man after 12 issues.

Voodoo?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

That's actually my favorite thing he does. With the Ultramarines, they had a big introductory story where the fight the JLA and then team up to fight the Shaggy Man/Wade Eiling, before fading into perennial guest star status. But Cyril and Beryl jump straight to guest star status acting like they've been around for years, and it's GREAT.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I haven't read Tomasi's stuff lately. Who is he potentially setting up as Robin?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Who's that on the cover of World's Finest? A new Powergirl and Huntress?

TwoPair posted:

DC has finally perfected Bad GIF cover technology?

I hope next year's gimmick month includes embedded MIDIs.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Google says they were called Gargareans in a direct nod to ancient mythology, in which the Amazons had an annual meet up with an all male tribe to make babies. Thanks Google.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I think it's time to start up that Rhyno drinking game I've always wanted to play. Based on that post alone I think I have to do three shots and finish my drink.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

We all wish that about the New 52.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is possible (the fight not the killing :v:) since Lobdell is among the creators listed for that 'event'

I'm all for seeing N52 Jason kicking the crap out of Morrison's one.

Ah yes, a lame try-hard beating up the overtly pathetic failure he used to be. I can taste the symbolism.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

It doesn't even make Trial of Barry Allen a good story, but that's still more or less the better version of Flashpoint.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I'm not sure in what world you could consider Kotal Kahn a superhero and not a super villain. Earth-3, I guess.

Compare him to Star Platinum, the Supernatural Aid bestowed upon The Hero Jotaro Kujo as part of his Call to Action.

By the way, wasn't it a plot point in Aztek's book that his mythic history was all manufactured by a front company for Lex Luthor in a bid to control his own superhero? If I'm remembering that right, at least some of the inaccuracies could be intentional. So, you know, I'm probably 100% wrong.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

What I meant was I thought his whole backstory was a lie and the secret Aztec cult that trained him were pretenders. But now that I'm remembering his role in the Mageddon story, I think I am entirely wrong.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Do we know the Question's deal yet? What's his deal?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Sithsaber posted:

Have Bane or Azrael shown up yet? How about Mr M..Mr. Mzer-gently caress it- Mr Superman Imp.

Mxyzptlk. Spelled exactly how it sounds.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

The Chief is walking? Lame.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah this seems like the perfect time for his arc to end with him finally putting Damien to rest, both metaphorically, and because its comics, literally.

If they bring it back it makes all the whining kind of pointless.

Whose arc? Batman's? Are you saying now would be a good time to end Batman?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Oh, "this" arc. Gotcha, hoss.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I am hate-loving Swamp Thing's slow descent into Green Lantern-dom.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

A cosmic-powered cube that can grant its bearer whatever he wishes.

Where have I heard of that before?

Well seven is one too many to put on a gauntlet, smart guy.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

How many of the new characters on Earth-2 are Taylor and how many are from Robinson? Because I really like that it's a book with no sacred cows. I like that they can do gutsy stuff like kill Batman and replace him with his father, who FYI is a scumbag addict. That's poo poo Morrison teased to make his run more dramatic, but he was never going to pull the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I think it actually tops out at three of any given character last I checked, and they did a good job mixing in heroes and villains. That said, MOBAs are MOBAs, man.

• Locked thread