Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Anime_Otaku posted:

I must be an outlier because I swear I've bought more stuff from Comixology than i usually do at one time, general I'll just grab a few issues or volumes at a time but i got Gen 13 and Dance In The Vampire Bund all at once. Also subscribed to a four titles and got a bundle, which I didn't know were available until I had to use the site.
Anyone know if there is any possibility of graphic novels and manga titles that are in the Amazon kindle library being put on to Comixology?

While it seems like they'd be ok license-wise, I imagine they'd want/need to take some time to make the titles guided view compatible. And if that's a burden they put on the publishers (as it is now, I believe?), that could take some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Uthor posted:

Is X-Statix not available on comiXology?

Sadly, no. I'd buy that in a hot second.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
Has anyone bought any of the Viz stuff yet? I'm curious how well the "manga fixed format" works, especially on a smartphone.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.comixology.com/Monkeybrain-Independents-Sale/page/2559

Monkeybrain comics are 50% off right now with the promo code "INDIE".

Has anyone read Red Light Properties? It looks interesting, but I can't picture how it could sustain a whole series.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
Click on the "Sales" tab at the top; they don't seem to be listed with the rest of the main Batman sale at the moment.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Any of these any good?

I say, assuming "probably not".

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

One thing I don't get is how the Marvel/Kindle thing is a 'threat' to Comixology. Johnson knows they're owned by Amazon, right?

I could still see that as a threat. I imagine, ideally, Amazon would love it if they could dismantle Comixology and get people buying comics straight from the Amazon store.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't see it announced anywhere on the front page, but it looks like ALL Dark Horse stuff on Comixology is 50% off.

Farewell, money, I'll never forget our time together.

InShaneee fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jul 8, 2015

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What are the opinions on the Boom! Cthulhu comics that are on sale?

Cthulhu Tales is good; Fall not so much.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm liking Injection so far. It's only 3 issues in, but it feels like it's building to something interesting.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
Viz has stuff on sale pretty regularly, usually pretty large sales too, but it's almost never advertised for some reason.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
In case you missed the last one: sale on all of Sandman and some related works (Death, The Dreaming, Black Orchid, Neverwhere, Dead Boy Detectives, ect).

https://www.comixology.com/Sandman-Sale/page/8705

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
Correct, Sandman vol 1-10 is the complete series. I don't believe there's any required reading outside of those.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
Doesn't look like it, but they've been starting some of their sales at noon rather than midnight recently.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

How can you download the stuff you buy on comixology?

You have to to read them on mobile app.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

mallamp posted:

Has there been any updates about that comixology "unlimited" (or "all you can eat" as they said) subscription plan? There were bunch of articles and rumours 6 months ago and then silence

Nope, nothing since the initial rumor. Supposedly they were going to announce something at NYCC, but that came and went months ago.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Speaking of lousy sales, I don't think Kodansha has ever put anything besides Volume 1's on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

PelvicNerve posted:

Alternatively to the B1G2 Comixology sale, they're doing 50% off digital comics on Amazon, which is great for trades if you were interested in only one.

Do you have a link? I don't actually see any discounted comics on Amazon.