Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PoshAlligator posted:

I literally don't read anything on Comixology anymore because I can't store everything I want to read on my device at once, and I mistakenly 1) got all the free stuff possible when I first signed up and 2) bought indie packs of #1s and that sort of thing. Now my purchases are a mess and I can't find poo poo.

If you go to mybooks tab all the books are organized alphabetically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

onefish posted:

Heads up on a non-banner sale of Deadpool Classic Vol 1, 10 issues for $3.99: https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Collections-Sale-Up-to-60-off/list/3696
(also Daredevil Vol 1, 6 issues for the $4, obviously great but not exactly a complete story)

I assume this might be worth it for some folks!

That is the start of Waids run and its loving awesome. If I remember correctly it sets up a bunch of Waids run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

Out of curiosity, is "I'm not Daredevil" in those first six issues? I bought it anyway.

Its issue 7

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

...I don't even think you can get Scott Pilgrim digitally outside of this.

Except here

https://www.comixology.com/Scott-Pilgrim-Color/comics-series/8940

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

"OOPS! The content you are looking for is not currently available."

It works fine for me.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Due to Axis I assume the bundle this week will be a Rick Remender series (hoping its Uncanny X-force, and the sale will be Magneto and Uncanny Avengers on Monday.

Looks like I was wrong todays sale is Uncanny Avengers 1-18. Its hard for me to recommend this

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 3, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Is the Age of Ultron tie-in part of the story? The description suggests that it involves the Apocalypse Twins, but since they didn't collect it with the arc for the trade it seems like it could go either way.

It does collect it in Uncanny Avengers trade 2.

On another note todays sale is Uncanny X-force and Venom 1-17. They are loving awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

You would think that the Remender sale would at least include the entire Venom and Punisher run.

It does include all the Venom issues he wrote by himself. It just sucks that most of them are crossover related.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The flash sale today contains all of the Wally West run, I think to rub it in our faces. I want to get the best of Waid's run and other than the return of Barry Alan what are the highlights?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Space Fish posted:

I consider myself a huge fan of the modern Flash but haven't read much if the early Wally days. What are the standout arcs? I hope someone here or at ComicsAlliance does a recommendation list like CA did during the larger Batman sales.

Death of Barry Allan issues 74-79. It has the best depiction of Barry Allen in Flash's history.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I was really hoping for every issue. :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

hadji murad posted:

What are the best Hellblazer collections there?

All the non 52 ones.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Oh holy gently caress, I almost just bought all of Doom Patrol this weekend on a binge. Yesssssssss

I just got that. I can not wait to read it. All hail Danny the street!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Are any of the issues in the Teen Titan sale worth it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

51 issues of Wolverine Origins for 39.99 today. A good price as far as bundles go. I've never read the series so I don't know if it's good.

https://www.comixology.com/Wolverine-Origins-ndash-The-Complete-Series/bundle/6

Here is an easy test. Is it by Way and not Venom, then do not get.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Way's Venom is like his absolute rock bottom

Damnit if I had to suffer so does everyone else!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Um excuse me he wrote Deadpool #11 one of the finest literary accomplishments in human history similar to sir william shakespeare

That is not the issue when he goes back to the 80s Marvel Universe. :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Do what I did and get all of Madman!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sale on Howard the Duck.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Is Letter 44 an ongoing or was it just a 13 issue run? It sounds cool but I like to wait and read the whole thing.

Its an ongoing. There is a new issue this week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Marvel is having a buy one get one free sale.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Schneider Heim posted:

Yeah I just did that.

I'm thinking of trying to get the Kirby/Lee FF run or the Busiek Avengers run before the sale closes. How's the latter?

They only have the first 50 issues for the Kirby/Lee FF run

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EC posted:

Any recommendations for solid X books/arcs that are fully available on Marvel Unlimited? I need a break from Uncanny XMen (the team is all pretending to be dead and Kitty and Nightcrawler are off panel somewhere :(), and like I mentioned earlier, I don't have full access to early New Mutants or X Factor.

(I've read Morrison's New XMen and the early Astonishing stuff, hopefully looking former early stuff)

If you want your Kitty and NIghtcrawler fix there is Excalibur. If you want some good X stories there is Uncanny 410-442. Exiles is also a great book from issues 1-25 and Exiles (2009)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Batman 251 is a great Joker story if not the best. Detective 475 and 476 is The Laughing Fish storyline and it is worth a read. For some reason Detective 784-786 is included and its worth a read. It is a great Green Lantern story.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ruzaii posted:

It seems that aside from some issues by Millar in the middle, Waid's run is pretty much straight through to issue 160. Is that right? Are the Millar issues worth anything at all, or carry on plots that bridge the Waid issues?

His run is pretty good as its with Morrison. He also introduces a character that is important to the Flash mythos.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Today Bru's Daredevil is 99 cents. Get it as its awesome. It is very different than Waid's run as Matt's life just gets worse and worse in it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Today the sale is Incredible Hercules! Its awesome!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

onefish posted:

I quite enjoy the newest Secret Avengers, and didn't read the previous one, so I'm thinking no context needed. Don't know if you need context for the 2013 one!

Black Widow and Hawkeye are both enjoyable and totally fine without context. Black Widow's interesting in that the first 5 or so issues are all fairly standalone, but then a longer-running story develops. I enjoyed both styles, but I think the art might be the biggest draw for me in that series--it's gorgeous.

All you need to know about Hawkeye is that he is an avenger and this is what he does when he is not hanging with the Avengers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hammers + van art = buy

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Avengers 1-200 is on sale today. I am actually shocked as I expected a Daredevil sale. That might be on Thursday.
Crossed is also is on sale and was wondering how is it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

if you have an extremely high tolerance for gore and disturbing content, i think the original Ennis miniseries is very good. avoid the David Lapham stuff.

anyone have any recommendations for stuff from that Avengers sale?

The Korvac Saga, origin of Ultron, Vison's first apperance, Cap's quirky quartet, Beast and Wonderman's friendship, Kree/Skrull War.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

do you know what issues these are? Vision's first appearance i can figure out cuz that's an iconic cover and the Kree/Skrull war is one i wanted to check out

Skull/Kree War - 89–97
Korvac Saga - 167–168, #170–177
Vision first storyline/Ultron - 54-58
Cap's Quirky Quartet - 16- when they get a new member not named swordman
Beast joins in 130 and Wonderman joins in 160
Avengers/Defenders War Avengers #115–118, Defenders #8–11

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Get the Daredevil bundle! It is one of the best runs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

are there any particularly good bits? I havent read any of that run I dont think but I dont really want to drop 60 bucks on it. I read Yellow last week and liked it quite a bit so I am on a Daredevil kick now.

The entire thing. It really builds off itself.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

onefish posted:

Yeah. I'd already bought most of them in an earlier sale, but it was great. My favorite Bendis other than Ultimate Spider-Man, I think.

Note: issues 38-40 are new to Comixology for some reason, so if you bought the run on Comixology before, you probably don't have those issues yet. And issues 16-19 (not part of main run, right?) were not in the earlier sale that I was aware of. (So I picked both of those parts up--I think I've heard 16-19 are still worthwhile, right?)

Yeah. Its a pretty good Ben Urich story and also ties into End of days.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Bendis's Daredevil is what really got me into Marvel comics. I bought all three of the ultimate collections + all three of Brubaker's within like a week. It is so good.

Dingle's is poo poo and Waid's is amazing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Hmmm, Alias and Torso both look really cool. Never read either of them so I will check them out once I take care of my mammoth backlog.

Expect Alias to go on sale later this year when the show comes out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I

It's not on Comixology, so unless they decide to add the whole thing, I don't know if that will be the case. The Pulse is there, though, so they might stick with that.

Its not on yet

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheHeadSage posted:

So as someone who knows nothing about DD other than "Blind Lawyer who fights crime" what run would be the best intro to the character? Go with the Bendis run or Waid's? Or both seeing as their Vol 1's are $5

Bendis is a great run and so is Waids. The Millar stuff is also great what the other runs build off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Get all of the discounted trades and see what you like.

Do not bother with the Kevin Smith one.