Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The first time I emailed them about something like that(sometime last year) and they responded within like a week. I emailed them recently about the exact same thing and I haven't heard anything in like a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Then again this is the first time I haven't been able to access my comics since I started using them. Still annoying that I can't reset my password right now though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I don't think the interface is really any different. I'm not really seeing what you're having a problem with though?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man the new app is like 100% better. It still crashes a lot when I try to search for specific artists/writers or whatever, but other than that most of my problems with it are fixed. Still no good guided view though. :(

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah but believe it or not it's terrible on every single book. It's bad enough to be completely useless. I don't really blame them though, they were adding like hundreds of books a week before and there is no way they had time to properly format all that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
If you haven't read Waid's Daredevil yet, dive into the bundle it's well worth it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Marvel's doing digital comics right. Too bad they can't figure out how to code their app. Picked up Superior Vol 1 just because it's going to be something so awful people look back on with nostalgia some day like I do with Back in Black.

Make sure you're using the main comixology app. There is no reason to use the marvel only one over it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Oh, I love Comixology, I use it all the time. Their own Unlimited App is the messy one, and there's no way to get Marvel's entire library for that price on Comixology.

Oh yeah I agree Unlimited is a bit of a mess. It's a lot smoother now since that last update though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

PoshAlligator posted:

Is there really no way they could strike some sort of deal with Comixology for that guided view. I mean, they're already in cahoots, I don't understand why it hasn't happened.

It's not just the technology, they have to have people go in and actually figure out the layouts for the guided view. It may not be a huge deal for the newer issues that have already had that done but there are thousands of older issues they would have to go through to add that functionality in.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

The Reverand Me posted:

Is Thor: Mighty Avenger vol. 1 the fun Thor comic from a couple of years ago? It's £1.49 on comixology in the same sale as spider island.

Is that the one with Samnee on art? If yes then buy it all immediately. It's great.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I would honestly consider that if it was on Comixology.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

TheManWithNoName posted:

Is there a way to make custom reading lists or "playlists" in Comixology?

Nope. It's crazy they haven't added something like that in yet.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Nowhere Men worth getting? I haven't seen much talk of it here.

I got the first trade and really liked it. There is some really cool design stuff in there.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man who would buy an Art(ists) Edition of something on the iPad? I thought the whole point of those was that they were huge so you got to see what the original art looked like in all it's glory.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
In this months Previews there are reprintings of 20th Century Boys, Monster, and Pluto. Hopefully once those come out they bring them to the digital store too.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sarchasm posted:

So long as someone else has brought up the manga question, is there any decent place to get manga in the original Japanese? The digital bookstores I've used in Japan want me to use their proprietary reader, which is invariably the slowest and clunkiest piece of software you can imagine. And iTunes doesn't want to take my credit card, so gently caress those guys.

It's not really cheap but I've gotten a few volumes of One Piece off Amazon. I forget the name of the guy I was buying from but if I can find that tonight I'll message it to you.
EDIT: Unless you're talking about digital then I dunno. I'll stop derailing though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Professor Lazy posted:

I'm doing some research on tablets mainly for comic book reading. What do you guys recommend? Does anyone read in a 7" tablet? I rather not have to zoom in and out too often and prefer reading comics full page, is that doable in a 7" screen?

You should be able to walk into an ATT store or something and mess around with an iPad mini. If you ask them they might let you DL comixology and download a free comic or something. I've never tried to do that though so I don't know what their policies are.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sarchasm posted:

I've done that before, but paying a 20% markup on every purchase isn't ideal. If I could just pay the cover price and not have to deal with lovely e-reader programs I'd be much happier.

Then probably move to Japan.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Uthor posted:

Is X-Statix not available on comiXology?

You can probably pick up the HUGE omni for like 30-40 bucks online somewhere.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Uthor posted:

Batman and Son Deluxe for $6:
https://www.comixology.com/Batman-Batman-and-Son-Deluxe-Edition/digital-comic/68457

I haven't really read Morrison's Batman (other than a few things here and there), but I generally am up on what went on during his run. Is this something worth picking up and reading as a stand alone volume? It's a lot of comics for $6, $1 after using the $5 credit comiXology/Amazon gave away.

Yes, the first half is a Damian story which could have been a stand alone miniseries, and the second is The Black Glove which is really good and has some great J.H. Williams III art.
EDIT: Whoops I didn't see the new page.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Shitshow posted:

Image updated their Humble Bundle with the first trades of Manhattan Projects and Invincible: https://www.humblebundle.com/?imagecomics_bundle&utm_source=imagecomics&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Humble%20Image%20Comics%20Bundle

Pretty meh, but if you missed out on this the first time there's still some great comics to be had for the average price of $9.62.

How does it feel to be so wrong about something?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah. No Futures End #0 with the new comics today, so I had to go and do something I haven't done since I stopped being a scumbag and started paying for digital.
A little consolation in that it was a free comic, but that's real dumb.

Dude the entire point of FCBD is to get people into stores.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

I spend around $20 a week on comics, yeah. But all of that money goes to Comixology because of how piss-poor my LCS is. FCBD didn't help me change my mind one bit, but if I had a good comic book shop I'd be spending it all there. Comixology is knocking it out of the park with all their sales, some of them are just too good to pass.

There are plenty of places that you can order the physical books from if you don't want to support your local store. DCBS is actually like 3 minutes away from where I live so even though you're ordering online you're still supporting someone's LCBS.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rirse posted:

Yeah that was the problem, the first DID come with the code and costed the same as the other issues. Even more so weird is I bought Original Sin #1 (Variant Cover) and it didn't have the digital copy box on the bottom, but did include it anyway.

Original Sin is a $4 book so it has digital codes. Ms. Marvel(other than the first issue I guess) is a $3 book and those don't generally have codes.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Woah that's pretty big. Might actually buy some digital manga now.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you didn't immediately buy One Punch Man Vol. 1 & 2 then there's something fundamentally wrong with you.

I've got all the WSJ with them and I'm waiting for physical copies ):<

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Agent Escalus posted:

I've always found the dedicated Viz app to be just fine on an iPad so no idea if I'll ever stop using it in favor of comiXology. Besides, it (and Yen Press) still takes iTunes cards for payment and I still have $330 in my account.

You better use that quick, when Amazon bought Comixology a lot of people got screwed out because they couldn't use their iTunes stuff any more.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure you could also just read all those Lee/Kirby F4 on MU if you just wanted to pay for a month.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

My wife and I are interested in hopping on Marvel Unlimited for a few months to binge. Are there any promos going on right now, or might there be another one this SDCC like they did at SXSW?

I don't think that they do deals like that very often but it is only ~$10 a month if you do it monthly.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Does it usually take a while for Fantagraphics to get their stuff up digitally? I really wanna get Cosplayers #2 so I can post panels but it isn't up yet.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Are all 50 of those issues worth getting? I read the From the Ashes trade and really liked it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

There is a sale on Top Shelf trades and issues! You can have a copy of Lost Girls to read anytime. There is also poo poo like From Hell, LOEG Underwater Welder, Essex Country and a shitload others.

I didn't know the Underwater Welder dude joined the LOEG

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

God drat it, I've never read Infinity Gauntlet and kinda want to, but I've already dropped a poo poo load of cash lately on Annihilation stuff. :ohdear:

IT'S SO GOOD

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

STOP IT, I WANT TO EAT THIS MONTH SOMETIME, OK? :mad:

(maybe if i just get infinity gauntlet it'll be ok...i already have #1 from the 700 #1s last year)

I don't know your situation but if you're that strapped for cash, check out your library! That's where I read Infinity Gauntlet

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

PelvicNerve posted:

Another Wednesday with redemption issues. That's like 4 weeks in a row. Fix your poo poo, Marvel!

Try not doing it on Wednesday. I hardly ever have problems any other day of the week.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Everyone get 52, Red Son, and Kingdom Come if you don't already have those.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Uthor posted:

More Wolverine on sale for today's Marvel Mondays. The first five issues of Savage Wolverine by Frank Cho are great. It has Shanna the She-Devil and dinosaurs, two things that Frank Cho excels at drawing.

They're great if you like Frank Cho drawing half naked women.

That last part was redundant.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

PelvicNerve posted:

That was my experience with the series as well. I went from "awesome, Lost meets Runaways with a pinch of Buffy" to "this is getting old". Yet, I remember being very engrossed when I started reading the trades so I'm giving it a chance and picked all the issues on sale.

I'm hating that DC sale as it reminds me these dumb one-shot months tend to gently caress up my collecting as I never know if there's a point in reading them when I catch up on series. Between this and crossovers, picking DC trades can be confusing.

Also it reminds me there's one starting right now.

If it doesn't have the same creative team as the book I really like I usually just skip them.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh drat yeah that is right. Why not have a sale of Question or all Morrisons DC work? I half expect a sale on the 52 Constantine when the show premieres not Hellblazer which they should have.

In order to do a sale on the Question they would have to put all those issues up digitally. Did you know that the first trade of O'Neil's Question run has been out of print for at least 5 years now? All the other trades you can get but not the loving first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
A better thing to do would be to allow you to organize your issues in groups.