Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I just got an iPad Pro (so expensive for what I'll use as a glorified e-reader, but 12.9 inches and that resolution...) and am going to migrate my reading over from my previous Android tablet.

What's the best app for reading cbr files? I don't mind paying if it's high quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hadji murad posted:

At risk of looking like an idiot despite reading comics for 30 years, what’s Elfquest like?

It's a sci-fi / fantasy story about elves who go on an epic quest. It's an indie book by a husband and wife team with some wicked loving art. It's got pages long fight scenes filled with blood and gore, a whole bunch of non-traditional sex scenes, wonderful romances, lots of comedy, stories about growing up and dealing with loss, a varied cast of characters who don't necessarily align to traditional gender roles, and more.

It's amazing, one of my favorite books of all time.

The original collection is also available online for free, because the Pinis are awesome: http://elfquest.com/read/digitalEQ.html

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't read Manga outside of Lone Wolf and Cub, but for 2$, that's worth a shot.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fly Ricky posted:

Has YAC Reader been eclipsed then? I bought it back when it was the suggested reader and it’s a little counter-intuitive at times.

I’m curious about this as well. I still use YAC reader, primarily because of the library and the ability to read off my network drive, but lately it’s been finicky and crashing a bunch. I’d be interested in other options.