Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Android finally got the update to Marvel Unlimited today! I was never a heavy user of it before but now the comics you load actually fit to screen automatically instead of you having to zoom in every page! Overall reading seems to be a much smoother experience, more akin to Comixology than the terrible way it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm not really interested in reading any proper SW comics

Probably for the best since the license is moving to Marvel and the existing EU was effectively killed off yesterday.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Professor Lazy posted:

It's good to know that a 7 inch screen is readable. I was looking at the Nexus 7, but I think I'm gonna wait a little and buy the Nexus 10. I can't really use a tablet on my commute so I think the size difference will be more beneficial than not.

I was initially interested on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 or the Nook 9, but I live in a country with stupid high import taxes and I couldn't find them available for sale here online. I did find the Kindle Fire HD 7, but the price difference with a bigger tablet like the Nexus 10 is not that much so I think that's my best bet.

Thank you all for the answers!

Having a Nexus 10, which I love and use to read comics regularly, it'll do the job and do it well, however it is an older tablet and is starting to show it's age. That may not mean much to you, but just something to consider.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Russad posted:

Of those, I've read (and liked) Hush, the Killing Joke, and the Long Halloween. I bought Dark Knight Returns and Year One but haven't read them yet. Are any (or all) of Arkham Asylum, Batman & Son, Black Mirror, Court of Owls, and Earth One things I'd likely want to pick up?

Black Mirror and Court of Owls were both excellent.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Connellingus posted:

Anyone ever experienced an issue in the Android version of Comixology where, when turning to a new page, the page will appear upside-down for a split second before orienting itself correctly? Turning the tablet upside-down doesn't help, although this problem doesn't seem to occur if I have it oriented in landscape mode. Oddly enough, if I slowly drag my finger across the screen so that the current and next pages are both partially in view, the following page will be oriented correctly until it's in view completely, and then it'll flip vertically before quickly flipping back.

I just experienced this today after not using Comixology in a while, so I couldn't say if it's a recent issue or not. At worst it's a nuisance, but I'd like a smoother reading experience and I can't seem to find any rotation-related settings in the app that might address this.

I had this issue in the build right after they fixed the black screen issue on Lollipop devices. I want to say they fixed it with the latest update, but I don't have my tablet with me to check right now.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Comixology updated their Android app today and the notes claim it fixed the autorotate bug. I have not tested it, however.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Fraction's Invincible Iron Man is a great run.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

The best outcome of the Scribd thing would be if it motivated Amazon to add comiXology unlimited to Prime or something amazing like that. A man can dream :allears:

Hell I'd pay a separate subscription from Prime for comixology unlimited.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

I started loading up my cart and then by the time I checked out, even with the coupon I was at over $100. At that point it's better to just buy a subscription to Marvel Unlimited anyway, I just don't know if that App has gotten any better on androids.

The android app is a lot better than it used to be. It's not great now or anything, but certainly usable.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
The Marvel Unlimited Android app is perfectly usable. It's not perfect, however. It still crashes occasionally and has some bugs but it'll get you your comics.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Is there a way to get the free month to add to an existing sub?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

At first I was trying to think of what Star Wars comics I still needed to read. Then I remembered. At least a lot of it is on Marvel Unlimited.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

hup posted:

Big Star Wars sale. What's worth looking at?

I liked Wood's Star Wars series and the first little bit of Knights of the Old Republic. I've also heard good things about Legacy and Rogue Squadron. But if you have Marvel Unlimited see if any of that stuff is on there first.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Just a reminder that both The Wicked + The Divine and The Phonogram Vol. 1 are included in the current Humble Book bundle.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

Has anyone else been having really loving slow download speeds when downloading comics to their tablet through the Android app? It's been happening on mine for a the past little bit, taking about 20 minutes per single issue when it used to only take like 1 minute, tops. I can't seem to find too much about it online.

Yes. All the stuff I've downloaded recently has taken a long time to download.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

There'll probably be a Batman sale when Dark Knight 3 is coming out, or at least for the movie.

Wasn't the entire (or at least a significant portion) of Snyder's Batman on sale on Comixology fairly recently? (Not that that helps anyone).

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
What's worth getting in the Robin War sale?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

zoux posted:

Big rear end Star Wars one day sale ends at midnight. Most of the stuff is on MU if you already have it, but there's some stuff that ain't. I picked up the Shadows of the Empire comic adaptation omni for $4!

I don't see the Shadows of the Empire omni as on sale. Are you talking about the Thrawn trilogy, Crimson Empire, or the Dark Empire trilogy perhaps?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

zoux posted:

What were the Thrawn books called? Them's the ones I meant.

The Thrawn trilogy itself is on sale for $3.99, but also you can get Heir to the Empire, the first part, for $3.99. Why both are the same price, I don't know.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Humble Books Bundle right now is Boom! comics. $15 gets you Irredeemable Vol. 1-7, Lumberjanes to issue 20, and a ton of other stuff.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I just added a ! to my current password :thumbsup:

Missed opportunity to change your password to oldpasswordNOW! IMO. Or
AllNewoldpasswordNOW
New52Password
UncannyPassword

Lots of choices here.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Rirse posted:

Anyone having trouble redeeming the two free digital comics from Captain America: Civil War? Anytime I try to redeem it, I get booted back to the loving frontpage. And it refuses to log me in, if I try it just sent me to the front page and pretends I am not signed in.

I had trouble using Chrome to do it. So I used Microsoft Edge to log in at marvel.com, then redeemed my code and it worked.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

So I'm looking at this Batman day sale, and I'm considering diving into No Man's Land, but I'm wondering what the consensus is on just diving in with NML Vol. 1, or if I should drop the cash on Cataclysm and Road to No Man's Land.

Speaking as someone who has read NML but not Cataclysm or Road to NML, it's perfectly understandable going right in to NML, but it does throw you in after all that has happened and I wished I had read the background stuff to understand how they got to the status quo at the start of NML.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I don't remember any but I could be wrong.

I don't remember any either.

Humble bundle always has a book bundle going on these days and a fair amount of them are comic bundles. They can be repetitive though. At least twice I've held off on getting a bundle because I already had most of it from a previous one.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Asnorban posted:

I did not get an email. Is that a unique code or a general code?

Is the IMAGE65 promotion the one he's referring to? Because it stacks with whatever sale is going on for Saga so that vol. 1-6 are $2.10 each. I did not get an email either. $10 for 5 volumes (already had vol. 1) seems like way too good a deal to pass up.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I told myself yesterday I was done buying things from this sale. But then I see it's still on today, and I just couldn't resist. With that sale and the Image one from a few days ago, I don't think I can bring myself to total up how much I spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I also got a coupon in my email. Is anything from the Spider-Man sale good, particularly Superior Spider-Man or Clone Conspiracy?