Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Waterhaul posted:

Ghost Rider sale on today.

Volume 6 #20 is where Aaron takes over and is what you want to read, that everybody wants to read, and Heaven's on Fire is the follow up mini which finishes his run. It's Grindhouse Ghost Rider and really, really good.

This is just the tip of the :black101: iceberg.

I already own these from when they first came out, and I still bought Aaron's whole run because goddamn is it that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Is Avengers Forever any good? All 12 issues for $4 sounds like a good deal, just curious that I won;t be wasting my money.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

onefish posted:

Image Eisner nominees sale!
https://www.comixology.com/2015-Image-Eisner-Nominee-Sale/page/6360

50% off anything from Saga, Walking Dead, The Wicked & the Divine, Southern Bastards, Pretty Deadly, or Madman released before 3/25/15. Hooray!

Is Southern Bastards any good? I like Jason Aaron, and i seem to remember some good word of mouth on this.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Rirse posted:

I am curious, why on the sales page for Comixology it has for the entire month random #1 issues on sale for a dollar.

Those have to do with the different 'Worlds' in Secret Wars. They are usually there to just act as a quick primer for what each world is and the main players. Marvel did the same thing in print, offering all these issues at a $1 each.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The Turtles in Time mini series is a must buy for TMNT fans. It's so good. I'm def. getting that Transformers vs. G.I.Joe series.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Has anyone else been having really loving slow download speeds when downloading comics to their tablet through the Android app? It's been happening on mine for a the past little bit, taking about 20 minutes per single issue when it used to only take like 1 minute, tops. I can't seem to find too much about it online.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I guess all I need to do is complain on the internet and the app will start to shape up. This past week, stuff was slow as hell and last night everything kept getting disconnected at 5%. This morning, everything downloaded just fine.

The internet is a confusing place...

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

X-O posted:

One could say that Sex Criminals goes on hiatus after every issue.

I prefer to think of it as a refractory period.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

TMNT is a great series that I completely forget about until it goes on sale and I buy like 8 volumes or however many I'm missing then I thoroughly enjoy them and proceed to go wait for the next sale a year from one. I never bothered with any of the micro series or single character stories, though.

You can completely read the main series without paying attention to the side series, they just add a bit more to the plot and are almost always good. The Turtles in Time and Rocksteady and Bebop Destroy Everything mini series are great.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So this may sound dumb, but how do I get these to my comixology account/merge accounts? Bought A bunch of stuff, no idea what to do next.....

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Since amazon and comixology are the same thing it should be automatic. Go to smart list and there should be a column that says from kindle

I guess it helps to log in with, you know...amazon...

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think you still can merge the two accounts. Truthfully I'm not sure why people haven't still at this point, unless I'm unaware of some down side.

No, I logged in with Amazon and the merge was like 2 minutes, I just never had before and was still using my old comixology log in.

I was my own problem.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Every time Amazon does this thing where collections are like $2.00 I spend way too much....

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The 4 volumes by Jason Aaron (Vol. 1-3 plus Heaven's on Fire) are loving incredible, character defining stuff, in my opinion. It just goes full grindhouse crazy.

The stuff by Way is not all that good, really (even though I bought them all as they were being released...).

I have a soft spot for The Midnight Sons stuff, but that's because I was 13 when it came out and that's pretty much the target audience for that stuff.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 6, 2017

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Where is the link to these? I can never find the new ones that are 99 cents.

edit: Or I could just check new releases...

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I have gotten to where I just search the new releases to see what trades are on sale; I can never find the sale's page.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

fadam posted:

Is there a good Perfect Viewer equivalent for iOS, specifically for the iPad pro? I really like how no-muss-no-fuss it is.

I've been messing around with this lately too. The one I use right now is Comic Book Reader (yeah i know, unique name
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/comics-book-reader/id1056129062?mt=8

It syncs up with Dropbox, which was a big plus for me. I know there is a free version with some ads and a paid version, but i do not recall what the paid price is.

edit: pro version is $5.99. I'm suing for a while longer to see if if its worth it before dropping the money.

If anyone else has any better suggestions, I'm all ears.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 16, 2018

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Dsmif posted:

I like Chunky Reader on IOS, it's great for reading and its the best reader I've used for downloading comics from OneDrive/Drop Box.

The developer is working on a new reader (Chunky TNG) that allows you to browse your entire library with covers from a cloud drive / opds server and then stream the comics, with an option to download for offline reading. It's still in testing at the moment but once it's released it will be the best reader on any tablet IMO, especially if you store your comics in OneDrive/Google Drive/Drop Box.

It's Ipad only :(. Great or the dude above, though.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Greekonomics posted:

If anyone else uses Comixology Unlimited, they've just added DC and Vertigo books.

You also get the same 15% discount you get with Marvel.

Huh, this might get me to sign up for unlimited

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, are the Mark Waid Flash collections on sale on Comixology worth it for someone who isn't super into Flash (I know quite a bit about him, but nothing from that era), but likes Mark Waid?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I think The Terrifics is a very good book and a lot of fun, but I never see it talked about so it may just be me.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Is the new Miles Morales Spider-Man written by Saladin any good? I see the first 2 volumes on sales, just wanted a little feedback before I drop a whole $7.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I was thinking of signing up for Marvel Unlimited and DC Universe ( or whatever their service is called), and this will probably push me to pull the trigger. Now to see what Black Friday brings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So does panel view just...not work in Marvel Unlimited? I just signed up today, and panel view does not work with Chrome on my desktop nor on my iPhone 8 app. Everything is updated.