Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Is there a way to make custom reading lists or "playlists" in Comixology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Is there a reason, other than "lolDC" that I can buy Jim Balent's entire run on Catwoman, but not Denny O'Neill's Question or PAD's Supergirl digitally?

DC adds like 20-30 older books every week to Comixology. I'm sure it will be up there eventually.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Is Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes worth a read?

All of Waid's run is worth it.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Zachack posted:

https://www.comixology.com/DC-101-Collections-Sale/page/9176?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Pretty big sale on DC collections. Going to get the Brubaker Catwoman books and the Tales of Batman by JHW3, any other suggestions? Thinking about the Superman Secret Identity (Busiek), maybe other Tales of Batman collections, Justice (Ross)?

Batgirl/Robin Year One is a great book (especially for that price). 421 pages of art by Marcos Martin and Javier Pulido.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

zoux posted:

The Fade Out is half off with NOIR as the promo code. I've not read it but a) it's Brubaker/Phillips and b) I've heard really good things about it.

Awesome, I remember doing this same thing with Fatale. Can't wait to read this.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

The Incal is one of those books I've never gotten around to reading, but I remember reading about recoloring issues - is this a good edition to buy? Seems like a great deal.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Perfect time to pick up the five Clone Saga books for $20. Still probably too much $ but that's like 2500 pages of comics.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Fuuuck I just spent $100 on DC trades.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Marvels 4/4 trades are also 99 cents. I grabbed X-Men: Grand Design and Legion Quest.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Rincewinds posted:

Dark Horse have a 50% off sale with code DH50, which can be combined with the Future sale right now, if one is into Mass Effect (mostly). Two Omnibuses for 3.6 is cheap at least.

https://www.comixology.eu/comics-sale?list_id=24927

Thanks, just did this exact thing.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I finally moved to a city that has a library with Hoopla. I am amazed at the selection of comics they have. Comixology is going to get less of my money going forward.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Basically every Fantagraphics book is on sale through ComiXology. Definitely grabbing the Usagi Yojimbo set for $20.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Some of my favs
Castle Waiting
Pogo
Fletcher Hanks Complete Collection
Dinomania
Zippy the Pinhead

all crazy good sales

Most of these are free on ComiXology Unlimited as well.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Rincewinds posted:

Comixology have 50% off Marvel code, while having a Black Panther sale that ends today, so if you are fast, you get can them now.

If I had to pick between Priest or Hudlin which run do I go with?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Ended up checking Hoopla first and all the Priest books are on there, can’t beat free.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm a librarian, and I've been a huge Hoopla hype-man for years. I was literally just reading Darwyn Cooke's Graphic Ink and Copra Volume 5 on it.

My public library system only allows four checkouts per month, which isn't a lot, but it's still a fantastic service. How many checkouts are you all allowed on it?

I get 8 checkouts, but I have hit a library system-wide checkout limit sometimes where I have to wait until the next day. I always try and look for the fatter omnibus/deluxe/complete collections to max out my page count for the month because sometimes they have multiple versions of a title.

Currently reading Gaiman’s Eternals, Black Panther, Paper Girls, The Boys, Blackbird, Wonder Woman: Year One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Hoopla also has all of The Walking Dead for free if your library offers it.