Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Shameless posted:

And I'm happy to call bullshit on any statements of "more money for the creators", I doubt they'd see another penny for sales.

Cool, so you're calling the creators who have been saying to buy through the website since long before the Amazon purchase for this exact reason liars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Is the Age of Ultron tie-in part of the story? The description suggests that it involves the Apocalypse Twins, but since they didn't collect it with the arc for the trade it seems like it could go either way.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Transformers MTMTE in the IDW sale is also really, really good. Much better than a dumb toy tie-in should be.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Happy Hedonist posted:

Does anyone know if any of the D&D comics are decent? There seems to be quite a few discounted on Comixology.

The John Rogers ones sure are. Not sure about the others.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Just be warned, the micro-series are all important, and make the reading order really tedious. Especially in trade form. It's definitely a good series though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Uthor posted:

Are there any TMNT micro series I should be getting besides, well, "micro series" and the villains one?

I also grabbed Jem to check it out...

Yes. It's always complicated.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

unl33t posted:

Also worth noting is that Netflix does charge more for HD, it's just also tied into the number of "screens" (here meaning simultaneous log-ins), although they do grandfather in old accounts. If you're starting a new account your options are $7.99 for single log-in SD only, $8.99 for two log-ins in HD (when available), or $11.99 for four log-ins in 4K (when available).

Of course, by the same token, you can see that 1080p streaming from netflix is a dollar less than MDU, and the SD another dollar less, and even the SD stream's bandwidth is going to be greater than comics. So, you know, maybe bandwidth costs aren't really a compelling argument here.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

gfanikf posted:

Is it that bad? I was made aware or Cap rear end beating Julian Assange and Sentient Abe Lincoln Statute. That sounds pretty good.

Neither of those happen in Fear Itself proper, they happen in the Secret Avengers tie-in, which sucks. Like, I liked Fear Itself a lot more than a lot of people (not a huge bar to cross), and that Secret Avengers run still limbos under it safely. Get a month of Marvel Unlimited and just read it there if you're really curious, then spend the rest of the month reading anything better. It won't be hard.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I think in terms of ultradark Batman graphic novels of the late '80s, it blows Killing Joke out of the water.

This may be the faintest praise ever heaped upon anything.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

onefish posted:

Is it possible to get the full Annihilation Saga (Abnett/Lanning) experience from the Marvel sale? "TPBs" of Annihilation Vols 1-3, Annihiliation: Conquest: 1 and 2, The War of Kings, Realm of Kings, The Thanos Imperative? Or is missing their GotG too much? Just the Annihilation books a good buy?

Also, should I pick up all or some of the Miller Daredevil omnibus editions? (The ones with Miller and Janson, I have the Miller and Mazz books.)

Missing GotG/Nova will diminish this experience quite a bit, but the first Annihilation is probably the best of the events anyway and predates either ongoing so get those at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SMP posted:

Also they just extended last week's WW sale :effort:

They aren't actually exactly the same, but they're so close I don't know why they bothered. It looks like there's four new books in the More Wonder Woman Stories section, and I know up until early evening at least the New 52 singles only went up to 25, though the Part 1 page now shows all 56 too. Not that it mattered much, since the trades were all there last time and now.

My favorite thing is that this preserves the collection of Perez's 1-7 and Perez's 1-14 collections being priced equally for another week, just in case you really hate money I guess.