Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
I'm pretty narked about this. I rarely switch the PC on nowadays and all my purchases are made through the ios app.

And I'm happy to call bullshit on any statements of "more money for the creators", I doubt they'd see another penny for sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

alg posted:

Yeah buying through the apps was basically giving Apple/Google free money. No reason to do that when purchasing on the site is so much easier.

But by removing the convenience of in-app purchases creators may now be getting a lager slice of a much smaller pie.

Convenience is a big issue, especially with tablet users. Having extra hoops to jump through isn't. A good thing.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

Anyone know if there is any possibility of graphic novels and manga titles that are in the Amazon kindle library being put on to Comixology?

It would be interesting especially because of all the 2000Ad collections that are on the Kindle but not Comixology. I expect it would happen some time down the line.

Wouldn't surprise me if Amazon killed off their "kindle comics" entirely and moved everything to comixology. It would make sense as the Kindle reader is more than a bit crap for comics but, price wise, they're a lot cheaper (in the UK at least)

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Elfface posted:

Up 'til now, I've always used the app, but yeah, UK store. Didn't realise there was a difference.

Since it looks like I'll be using a website for everything now anyway, I'll probably try using the US. Probably better value.

Yep, you have to go to .com to use the credit (I did it to grab the Ted McKeever Library volume I was missing). However, when I go to Comixology.com from Safari on the iPad, it tells me I can't make purchases from there and have to use the UK site. It let me spend my credit easily enough but it seems you have to make purchases from the UK site.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Comic Zeal is nice because it sets up a server to let you directly load comics into it rather than having to deal with iTunes.

When I tried that the comics imported were really compressed and looked horrible compared to just using iTunes. Did I miss something in the setup?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Looks like Alias has finally shown up on Comixology

https://www.comixology.com/Alias-2001-2003/comics-series/9809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Savage Sword of Conan collections for sale on Comixology. Some awesome stuff in there