Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Btw I have 3 4th round picks all within the top 108 picks so if anyone wants to trade their second rounder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
This draft is so beautiful already, wish it was real.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Cleveland is on the clock with the easiest pick ever.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

So we shouldn't even be shocked when they gently caress it up, right?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ugh, gently caress this draft. Go ahead and do it con, you unbelievably lucky bastard.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Parmesan Basil posted:

Yup, Derek Carr

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

As the Emissary of the New York Football Jets, I am willing to float one Eugene Cyril Smith The Third for a sheet of 1998 Nagano Olympics commemorative stamps and a 6th rounder.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sweet thursday posted:

As the Emissary of the New York Football Jets, I am willing to float one Eugene Cyril Smith The Third for a sheet of 1998 Nagano Olympics commemorative stamps and a 6th rounder.

I'll trade a sixth for Geno

Parmesan Basil posted:

Pfft like Bridgewater has any swag

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm completely serious on the stamps. Watching the Nagano Olympics with my grandpa is a good childhood memory of mine and those stamps are a deal breaker for me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sweet thursday posted:

I'm completely serious on the stamps. Watching the Nagano Olympics with my grandpa is a good childhood memory of mine and those stamps are a deal breaker for me.

Fine i'll trade you stamps, whatever, do you want the sixth?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

...no

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

loving fine.

The New York Giants offer this collectors edition sheet of stamps for the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics:

And a sixth rounder for Eugene Cyril Smith of the New York Jets.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm willing to make that trade but the deal has to go down in person, at the diner from When Harry Met Sally, immediately after we re-create said film's opening scene word for word with Geno playing Rob Reiner's mother's role.

Also, you pay for lunch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good lord Daltos either you picked the worst JFF pic you could find or he's ugly as sin

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

Good lord Daltos either you picked the worst JFF pic you could find or he's ugly as sin

picked the best jff pic i could find

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

He's like Kaep's brother in goblinhood.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Intruder posted:

It can't be both?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I always thought he looked like a poor man's Joseph Gordon Levitt, now I think he looks like Mark Brunell's JGL

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Well Con made the right choice for Cleveland, but the wrong choice for comedy and Teddy.

con posted:

With the fourth pick of the 2014 TFF Mock Draft the Cleveland Browns select Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want to be clear that I think Bridgewater is much better than JFF but the offense I have planned with him is going to be demonic.

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...
It was a tough choice between Teddy, Greg Robinson, and Khalil Mack.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You'd get murdered as a GM if bridge water fell and you skipped him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You'd get murdered as a GM if bridge water fell and you skipped him

Sophie's Choice. Either the GM gets murdered or Teddy does.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

con didn't even acknowledge my PM attempt to trade up :negative:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He ignored mine too. I really wanted to ship Eli instead of Randle :negative:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
EJ Manuel is going to sit a few years behind Eli to try to improve (possibly avoid the inevitable) and buffalo will build a statue of me for such a move

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I would have gladly traded the rest of my draft to end up with just Clowney and Bridgewater and drop the mic

Although I'm pretty sure the Texans 2-7 wouldn't add up to enough to trade for #4

GordonComstock
Oct 9, 2012
The best thing about Eli on the Bills is the Patriots inexplicably losing to them from here on out.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Intruder posted:

Although I'm pretty sure the Texans 2-7 wouldn't add up to enough to trade for #4

2, 3, 4, and 5 would have probably been enough if Cleveland elected to do that. I don't know why they wouldn't just go with Teddy.

In reality that trade would have been 2015 1st and this years 2nd and 3rd, I think.

smuggler fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 4, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Boom, Falcons on the clock. Although I can't tell if it's a joke or not that you have his first name and last name reversed.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zypher posted:

I can't tell if it's a joke or not that you have his first name and last name reversed.

Sorry that I didn't PM you back, Zypher, but as it turns out, I do not have an interest in "slower dudes."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So should I treat it like Aaron Donald is still on the board? :v:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Volkerball posted:

Sorry that I didn't PM you back, Zypher, but as it turns out, I do not have an interest in "slower dudes."

We're cool. :) :hf: :)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
No because then I'd have to trade up for the 6th pick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nowhere even close. That'd have been so lopsided I'm not sure it'd be allowed

smuggler posted:

2, 3, 4, and 5 would have probably been enough if Cleveland elected to do that. I don't know why they wouldn't just go with Teddy.

In reality that trade would have been 2015 1st and this years 2nd and 3rd, I think.

Nope. 2-5 wouldn't be nearly close enough. Be realistic

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

If future picks were allowed I would have Redskin-Ram'd my way to get Clowney, and I'm not even sure if that would have sold it.

Top 5 picks are insanely expensive.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
You guys are acting like Clowney isn't going to bust insanely hard

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Nope. 2-5 wouldn't be nearly close enough. Be realistic

Some years it wouldn't. This year, it might. It depends if the Browns were trying to move back or if a team were trying to pry it away. It also helps that the texans picks were the first in every round.

Think of it this way, if it helps. They'd be trading back 28 spots and picking up 3 picks. And like I said, a real trade involving 4 overall would definitely include a future 1st rounder.

E: V. True, but it's also supposed to be a crazy deep draft. Those middle rounders are worth a little more when 100 underclassmen declare.

smuggler fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

28 spots from 4 is a pretty big drop though

• Locked thread