Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm sure there will be books that spin out of the event and I bet he'll be writing one of those at least.
;efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
From Bendis's Tumblr

"EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK!

this is the cover to uncanny x-men 23. by chris bacholo

You guys were so nice and supportive of the trial of Jean Grey I got special permission this morning to post this cover. not only is our original sin tie in but it is also probably the most incendiary X-Men story, maybe ever.

boom!"

This can only go well.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm really torn on Doop. I like the art and the writing was fine up until the last part. But that last part just seems unforgivable to me. Doop speaks some actual words

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I have a HUGE problem with how they portray Cyclops's power in the issue that came out today. He uses it to propel himself around in space, which means it's pushing back on him when he's using it, which means he's basically headbutting everything he hits with his eye beams! Ahhh!!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man I'm really glad I dropped ANXM. I was actually kind of enjoying it but I had to cut down on books. I flipped through the issue at the store though and was confused as poo poo.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

Teaming up with (Kid?) Loki to infiltrate Doom's castle for an A+X story, right?

Those aren't in continuity though

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

Where does it say that?

I mean, they're mostly humorous shorts, but they never contradict or lay waste to what else is going on (that I can remember).

Well, they might not be strictly "out" of continuity, but the little snippets at the beginning of each issue basically amount to shut up and don't think too hard about this stuff.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 19, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Every single 100th so far has been entirely skippable.

That's just because Stokoe's hasn't come out yet.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

Think of how many men and things like men that Wolverine has stabbed with those claws. Ew ew ew ew.

He basically is stabbing himself every time he pops them. Hope he sterilized them before he started cooking.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Waterhaul posted:

God drat please stop being creepy/weird about superheroes sex lives.

Sorry Waterhaul we are discussing important gender issues here.
Now let me tell you about my Namor/Iron Man fanfic.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Hmmm, I don't know if the X-Statix return tease leaves me appalled or thrilled.

CONFLICTED!

It could be SO GOOD! That's not a guarantee though even if Milligan is writing it. I think maybe Fraction could do something cool with a team as weird as that though.
EDIT: Didn't X-Statix JUST show up in another book a few weeks ago? I can't remember what it was though. Unless I'm thinking of Doop.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

So the original sin secret is that He married Mystique!That now makes him the step dad of Nightcrawler and Rogue! What is the point? Who the gently caress knows.

Xavier did?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

The thing is that it wasn't just Deadly Genesis, there was some "Wow, Xavier is a bit of an rear end in a top hat" stuff in Astonishing X-Men, which was published close to the same time too, so it just seemed we got a bunch of stories revealing that Xavier had a dark and shadowy past. It's understandable that there are feelings that we don't really need another one.

So, Brian Wood's X-Men just sort of...fizzled out. That whole thing, despite a reasonably promising start, was seriously just "meh".

Yeah I really liked the first couple issues but I dropped it really fast.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Wolpertinger posted:

I can't ever really see myself actually ever regularly going to a comic book store in person to buy a single week's worth of books. TPBs sometimes maybe, but even then I'd prefer it digitally and would probably just snag end up snagging it over Amazon anyway if it had to be physical.

You're just not buying enough books then!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I actually liked the issue of Storm that dealt with their relationship. Did anyone else read that? I think it was last week.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

Noooooooo it was just getting good

Maybe it shouldn't have waited 14 issues to get good.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Actually its more lazy planning.

Actually he just read the books in the wrong order?

Knucklebear posted:

The problem I have with recycling characters into multiple books is the arbitrary nature in which the stories intertwine.

So, as a reader I have to reckon with a time line that includes Wolverine fighting Wendigo in Canada then dealing with Professor X's will and then dying (I know that's not exactly accurate but you get the point). It dilutes the impact of the character's experiences. In the end the character's are weaker, and you have character driven stories that are weakened and diluted.

I really wish that Marvel would make a one character per book rule. I know that it won't happen because of money but a boy can dream...

EDIT: Do you really want to live in a world where Dan Slott is the only person that can write Spider-Man? Or that none of the Avengers could have solo books? That's seriously the dumbest thing on here I've heard in a while.
Nobody is forcing you to read every single book that comes out.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

Dunno but they did forget 2099 already had a sorcerer supreme.

Also I miss the annuals that got me up to date instead of telling a side story.

When did annuals do that?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

IUG posted:

See and I was talking to my shop when X-Men Legacy was ending and they said they got a few people that dropped the series because it was being canceled. So there's weirdos that jump at the first sign of a sinking ship. Even if it is a hell of a party on that ship.

Jokes on them because that issue that came out at the end of the run(#300 I think) was loving amazing.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Nobody said they didn't like it because it was cartoony.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Holy poo poo dude we understand the jokes they just aren't funny

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ElNarez posted:

Yes, please go back to making comics about all the creepy revenge sex fantasies you have vis-a-vis the evil video game feminists. Or better, go away forever because you're one of the guys behind Shredded Moose.

Holy poo poo is he really? That's loving despicable.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SublimeDelusions posted:

So with the new discussion on Secret Wars, how does this bode for the X-Men? What are the odds that it will just be restarting things from scratch with a lot of "meh" storylines?

Pretty much 0.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Wow whoever wrote that article is dumb as poo poo. I'm kinda interested to see what they do with them next though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I would buy that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
This is going to be way easier to talk about tomorrow. I just saw some of the panels on tumblr and yeesh. What a way to handle that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I just reread X-Men Legacy #300 and god drat that is a good book. Everyone should read that if you haven't already, it's completely stand alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Two questions. Why was this book loving delayed for so god drat long. From what Bendis said the issue was done before secret wars started. Second, why was that backup story in there? It's kind of annoying that it is an oversized issue and a portion of that was dedicated to a story I didn't even bother to read in my Claremont UXM omni.

• Locked thread