Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's got a ton of potential but the first several issues had Greg Land tracing and I just can't follow along with his "art."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I like Logan but I do prefer OML, he takes the bits of Logan I like best from over the years and really synthesizes them in a way I find appealing and does so in a way that doesn't detract from Laura.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It would have been so much better without Land. I think that hurts it the most.

A universally applicable sentence.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I don't think I'd detest Land nearly as much if he could compose a loving frame. I find it basically impossible to follow along any issue he's on because I can't follow flow of events which is a serious problem in a visual medium.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hellcat is loving amazing and Jubilee's inclusion has been fantastic so far. I actually like Jubilee, and I like the vampire thing despite myself. Earlier this year I finished reading the entire X-universe from start to current and I was surprised at how much genuine fondness I had for Jubes, and not just nostalgia from my youth. The entire vampire storyline, like every X-Men storyline with vampires, was pretty absurd and more than a little dumb but I actually think it made for a really good arc for her.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

And if Shogo's cool with it, and he is cool with it, then who are we to complain?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

And she's even on earth right now and can phase through the rioting outside of Wrigley!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Now I really want to hear Jay Rachel Edidin read it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm really not looking forward to the finale since they're basically going to have to cram the entire event into it because nothing has happened yet. It feels like it's been three issues of stalling for time and then a thing will happen and then it's on to the next event. I'd like it to be good, but I just don't see how it's anything other than a letdown.

Also, all of the X-Plain the X-Men Patreon voices are great though I think my favorite Miles voice is either Sexy Dracula or Apocalypse. I chose the Angry Claremontian Narrator for mine.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yeah, Jay's a hell of a writer and that column has been just incredible to read. My only fear with the podcast is that the audio quality will suffer if Jay is recording remotely, but that's mostly just because I'm super-picky about sound and the podcast's audio has always been so good.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Skwirl posted:

They used to sorta be X-Men related characters, I think.

On and off over the years, much like the status of their X-genes. I can't remember if they properly joined the team on Utopia or not, but they hung around plenty.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Holy gently caress the art for this week's Extraordinary was the shittiest. The story was crap too, but ye gods the art. I mean, I appreciate the effort in making the interior of the Soulsword look interesting or different or like effort was used but what a shitshow.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yeah, I'm actually pretty happy with how IvX looks to be ending, which is amazing since I didn't care for the Events that lead into it. It's really nice to see characters taking a breath and having a loving conversation for once.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Magneto once dropped Red Skull into a vault so he would slowly starve to death. Magneto should not have anything the gently caress to do with Hydra and the idea is really loving gross.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Would that be Rogue? She's the only one I've seen him have romantic interest in in the comics. I mean outside of Madga and his other wives.

He had a thing with awesome, human, sea captain Lee Forester but I think that's his only other romantic entanglement. There was the lady from his recent series, whose name escapes me now, but that was just sexual tension and not really the same thing.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Someday I too want an octopus tunic.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Not often enough.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm really excited for the ResurreXion because other than Wolverine, the line is in pretty dire straights and I am an unapologetic X-Fanboy. None of the books are that interesting, partially because nothing loving happened in any of the books because of all the lovely crossovers the X-Men have been lashed to. The only thing in one of the team books that really stands out is that Bobby and his boyfriend are super-cute and Pickles is awesome. There is just nowhere for the line to go but up.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm curious who is clamoring for more original x-men stuff. the nicest thing i can say about them is that not every book they were in was terrible.

I like the idea of the O5 in the modern era, I'd just like to see anything done with them. Part of their problem was Bendis' decision to send Kitty Pryde into space without warning because they were set narratively adrift and have never really recovered from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Since, like, the 60s, man. He fought Spidey back in Stan & Steve's run on ASM.

I mean, yes, he debuted in Fantastic Four and will always be associated with them, but he's the one villain who pretty much you could use as an antagonist in any book. I think off the top of head, the only other one is Dracula.

I think if we're honest with ourselves, Dracula is 100% an X-Men villain.

• Locked thread