Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they bring back gay Wolverine from X-treme X-Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Magneto #2 was a cool book, it's nice to see him kicking rear end again.

Although it's a little funny that they acknowledge that his powers are screwed up, yet he seems to be able to do whatever he wants anyway.

Other than the gun levitation, his powers have been pretty indiscriminate.

I miss the stupid helmet, tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so Nightcrawler was really good? I'm confused. Claremont dialed up his early 80s style and owned that first issue.

Doop was loving disturbing. Don't ever do that again, Doop!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rhyno posted:

Nightcrawler was garbage, who the gently caress said it was good?

I did. You wanna fight about it or something, punk?

Also I didn't like the first trade of All New X-Men so maybe I'm entitled to my lovely opinion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if anything the X-Men mythos is a reminder of how hosed up things get when you're engaged in an intractable conflict between societies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bobkatt013 posted:

X-23. As for the eating of comic I will if Wolverine remains dead longer than 6 months. Oh I am going to regret this, aren't I?

I'd be more down with a Daken redemption story over X-23.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

Storm is the most boring X-Man ever and it's Pak so I'm sure every issue won't be "I sure am afraid of tight spaces" but that's all I can think right now.

Page one, Storm is in a box.

Page twenty, Storm lightnings her way out of a box only to find she's in a slightly bigger box.

Disagree. When Claremont wasn't fetishizing her, she was a vibrant dynamic female lead. Former deity twice over and Black Panther's sorta ex-wife, plus sometimes team leader of the x-men, there's tons of story hooks to work with.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Metal Loaf posted:

Isn't there one bit in early X-Men (it was when Cockrum was still pencilling; I believe it was the first appearance of Black Tom) where the villain's like, "This castle will be the X-Men's tomb!" and the mention of the word "tomb" causes Storm to have a full-on panic attack? I'm pretty sure I can remember reading that.

Is Storm's claustrophobia still a major part of her character?

They dropped the castle on her and Colossus made the save, leaving them trapped for a bit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I already asked Marvel if there was gonna be a real grave of Wolverine for me to dance on. They've deigned not reply.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah Cyclops was a grade A fun book and despite not caring about young X people in the present I am down for the Space Adventures of Errol Flynn trying to figure out how to raise his son.

And I like Scott getting to appreciate having his father back while still a kid, even for a little bit.

Agree 70000% Fun book, can't wait to see where they end up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Magneto is a violent dick. The paperclip thing. yeesh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, I loved that event. I recently found it in my boxes and realized how sweet that was written. Also, Namor getting flattened by a Shark.

Warbird also banging Doop, a lot.

Speaking of Doop, did they cancel his miniseries completely?

E: nope. Issue 2 drops this week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cabbit posted:

Goddamnit, why is Loki standing with a bunch of villains.

His solo series would be a pretty good indicator of what's up. Loki's gotta Loki, mang.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Really digging the Magneto solo. I totes recommend it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rirse posted:

Since the Age of Apocalypse is on sale right now at Comixology for a dollar per issue, I am wondering which issues are worth grabbing from it. So far it looking like Alpha & Omega along with Astonishing X-Men are the main parts of it, but any of the side stuff like X-Calibur, Gambit, X-Man, etc are worth grabbing?

X-man and X-calibre are my faves but to get the full story, you really gotta get em all. Its 90s as gently caress but the story holds well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benny the Snake posted:

So how was Battle of the Atom?

I thought it was stupid but its Bendis's X-men level stupid that some people are into.

Then again I like Nightcrawler.

• Locked thread