Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is this going to be entirely in mandarin? That would be an interesting thing to do with an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I guess Jojo,Captain Earth, Mushishi and Ping Pong for me. And prooobably Mahouka's soundtrack but not the actual show. Madhouse why are you putting Iwasaki to work on an incest LNs soundtrack instead of your oh wait your other shows pretty dumb too :sigh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fingers of Fury posted:

I played a little Blade & Soul and, granted I can't speak Mandarin, it seemed like some pretty standard Wuxia stuff. It's Gonzo and MMO plot though so I'll be avoiding it.

Something like 95% of the npc cast was composed of strong big tittied women fighting each other. This is going to be queens blade meets wuxia as envisioned and produced by Gonzo. Its going to be a horrible train wreck.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The delays have nothing to do with scheduling. All the official non english translations have been delivered on time although the quality of them is pretty much speed subs more than anything.

Trigger does have staff that could pump really good animation, the issue is that they keep farming off people to work on other studios larger projects. I had assume that with valvrave and yozakura ending last season they could concentrate their efforts on KLK but instead opt in to work on yet another derivative LN adaptation :(.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ultimatemegax posted:

From someone who knows a lot more about this than either of us:

With Samurai Flamenco of all things coming out on time (pre-screenings have reported that storyboards were shown because it wasn't done then), it points back to delays with Trigger being the cause. There's been weeks where an episode is on time and weeks where it gets delayed more than 36 hours, which really says "something's going on with scheduling" more than "something's wrong with Aniplex." None of the other Aniplex titles have been delayed this much (maybe a couple hours iirc).

The second half of your post points to why the scheduling is so poor: management has allocated too few people in little time to work on it. Nothing to do with "budget" at all.
I know that, its just that you are saying that the delays in the translations are directly attributed to that when thats not been the case for the other 4 languages the anime is getting simulcasted in.

I do not doubt that they are cutting it close, but this is an issue with just about every anime that gets released now days.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ultimatemegax posted:

When a show that we know has scheduling problems comes out on time every week in multiple languages, but another show is variable in its delay for English, that would indicate it has worse scheduling than the other show. That's really the only explanation that makes sense.

Its still being released on time without any major fuckups on the main market though. When I hear scheduling issues or any form of big production issues its the case where the episode is literally not finished by the time it has to go on air on one of the earlier release stations.

When I'm talking about them redoubling their work on KLK I mean keep the schedule but make the thing look better. Not make the thing look the same but finish it earlier.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Didn't he joke at one point that he didn't think he'd be able to get the storyboard done by spring and that fall would be the most likely release?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently the composer is a profesional saw player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CE3Er08l8Q
:stare:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Triggerhappypilot posted:

They put up the official site for Kenzen Robo Daimidaler.

It's a work of beauty.

edit: Check the site's source code.

Its art. :allears:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Gainax is a shell of it's former self, but it's still rolling in EVA dough, right?

I dont think so unless Anno has to pay Gainax royalties for something he himself made. The Rebuild series is being done by Anno's own studio. Studio Khara.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

Watching terrible anime with friends and alcohol is loving amazing.

If there is a dubbed version we could treat it like a MST3K but with bad anime. MAT3K if you will.

Add everything by Gonzo except for Gankutsuou, and all marvel anime and we'll have enough material for years.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Chaika E2 was fun. Our protagonists being the straight-up bad guys ("World peace and no horrible evil empire? Nah. Boring.").

I got vibes of this during the first episode and Im glad I was right.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know why but I find hilarious the fact that both the titular character/protagonist and the male protagonist leads sister are both mentally retarded and can communicate with each other the way they do.

Sister- "Chaika?"
Chaika- "Yes. Chaika."
Sister- "Chaika."

This is after both of them had already known each other for a day.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You all looking it at from the wrong angle.

Instead of going "why are things like this within the anime" you should be going "what sort allusion is the director going with this, in a show that has libido powered vampires robots and penis guns".

Who cares why the evil robots do what they are doing, its a sperm trying to reach an ovum to fertilize it and the earth engine is a condom.

-e I'll agree that there is just too much :words: in the show right now. Way too much jargon/telling instead of showing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well there was those brash sporty girls in totori/meruru that would sort of tease the main character but it was completely avoidable if you never ran with them. And it was more of a teasing manner than a romantic one anyways.

There were equal parts manservice though, hell I think it was more predominant in Meruru given the larger cast of male characters, all of them fitting a particular niche.

e-Well sort of forgot about Astrid but everyone in the game treats her like a massive creep.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

My D&D campaigns didn't have so many lolis...

Some more words in this and we would have a proper LN title.

• Locked thread