Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
gently caress, RIP GOM and GOM family, I will be getting the ales in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
GOM wrote up an extended recipe for me on how to cook the Christmas turkey as it was my first time this year but didn't follow it because it was too late to start brining the thing. Thanks old man I'll do it next year and eat delicious turkey in your honour.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Little teary again, thanks suqit for being the conduit for us all to say: this dude was cool and good and we liked him and we're loving sad he can't Chelseapost anymore

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I like that we're enabling some starry eyed enthusiastic go getters to run around being abused for 90 minutes

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Just gonna leave this here

GOM posted:

Pissflaps knows poo poo all about cooking a turkey.

You want a good, juicy turkey, do the following:

Obtain the following ingredients now:

10 sprigs thyme
6 sprigs sage
4 sprigs rosemary
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons celery seed
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar

Use a food processor to mix it all up. Take the mixture and coat the turkey with it, using it with abandon, or generously.

Put the turkey into a seal able plastic bag (a 2 gallon size will likely be required).

Refrigerate for 3 days.

On the 4th day, take the turkey out of the bag and wash off all the mixture. Return the turkey to the bag and refrigerate for another day.

Cook:

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

Put the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.

Upon putting the turkey in the heated oven, reduce the heat to 325 degrees.

It will take 20-30 minutes a pound to be done; use an instant read thermometer to double check; should read ~165 in the thickest portion of the thigh.

When done, take out of oven and let it rest for at least a half an hour.

Carve and serve.

If you stuff the bird, the time will go up. I recommend not stuffing the bird and making stuffing, if desired, separately.

The dry brine will ensure a juicy and flavorful bird. gently caress pancetta as it will not give you the results the above will...

And a 4 kilo bird is loving small, by American standards.

Edit: the heat should be reduced to 325, not 350, so I fixed it.

BTW, this dry brine never fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

bought a piece of land to train them referees on... got it for a knockdown price from the waste management corp... they say the toxic seepage is under legal limits... not been up to have a look at it yet but think its a real doozy... god bless y'all for those donations keep them coming...