Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It's a bit spendy, but try one of these? They make a few different things like it, a lot of them are good for helping you get the right angle in cases like that. The Ramp is good too, it's just just also pricier. (here are some reviews of a few of their products)

Both links are NSFW, obviously.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sliquid's here to help. Sassy is nice and thick too, for butt stuff.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

It's a little bit pricey (around 50 bucks if you catch a sale, check out Pink Cherry, they usually have a 20% off coupon active) but the We-Vibe Tango will blow her mind.

If you want to go cheap a Good Vibes Silver Bullet will suffice though.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I know I always keep suggesting expensive alternatives to things, but I've heard nothing but good about the liberator Throe (link nsfw) as being the absolute best squirting platform you can get.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Geoj posted:

I thought it sounded good until I read this:

Having to stop every 30 seconds to adjust pretty much ruins everything in my experience.

There's some other variants been released in the past couple years, I know she's reviewed one of the later ones too. I dunno if they'll slide around less, but she might mention.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Hard to say without knowing what you're doing. It's not like you can do it wrong, but you can definitely get it more right.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sliquid's my go-to lube brand and they have a couple nice silicone ones. Silver, I think, is the main one.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Go for the WeVibe Tango or Touch, depending on whether you want a bullet or something more ergonomic (or price). Same motor and the current version of the Touch's silicone doesn't damp vibrations as much as the old one did, I understand.

Pink Cherry has a 25% off anything coupon live right now so I have linked for your convenience, it should just show up on the top of the page. I get most of my stuff off their Canadian site, they've usually got the best prices for everything.

(Epiphora, my usual go-to for sex toy reviews prefers a Mona 2 even for clit stuff but I don't care for it that way, it's a great vibe but I strictly prefer it inserted, myself)

neongrey fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 17, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, it wasn't necessarily that I figured a dick pic would always go over badly or that my SO doesn't like dick pics or anything, it just felt like a really :effort: response to something that they clearly thought a lot about.

Thing is, 'holy poo poo, look at how hard that made me' is probably at least part of the response they were trying to elicit, so a dick pic there is actually pretty appropriate.

(some sort of effort text back too probably would have gone over just as well, but if they're writing heavy duty erotic stuff at you, they want to give you a boner)

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Amazon has a decent selection of actually good products (always check the brand name), though even looking for sales you can generally find better elsewhere (again, Pink Cherry is great for sales). Still, jelly stuff is nasty, so make double sure you stay away from anything brightly coloured and translucent.

If it can't be boiled or spritzed with a bleach solution you shouldn't be using it to gently caress yourself.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

You want an njoy pure plug. No questions. In medium, probably. Pretty much any lube will do, the thing's solid steel and steel doesn't need a whole lot.

There's others out there that are good too but it's probably the best general purpose dealie out there. I'm a woman (and love mine) but every man I've recommended it to has thanked me for it. :v:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sliquid does a nice water-based butt lube (Sassy), if you don't want to use silicone for some reason. It's thick and cushiony and doesn't dry out quickly at all, and it doesn't drip all over the place, either. They also have some good silicone stuff too.

Really though, I've never needed to do more to lube the pure plug than get my fingers wet with the lube and rub them over the thing. It's already smooth as hell, it just needs a bit of help.

But it seems like everyone's got their own favourite lube brand and tbqh it doesn't seem like there's a ton of difference between the good ones. :v:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, they're perfectly safe. Just hold one in your hand and you'll feel a bit silly having been worried. There's a lot of great options out there, too. Have fun!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

That being said, I don't think it's terribly reasonable to expect people to behave rationally at all times. No, there's not really a good reason to object to that particular question, but that is not going to stop people from getting bent out of shape over it.

I don't think figuring out the politest way to ask that you can is all that unreasonable.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I would not go for those at the best of times-- jelly in particular is a really gross material that will literally ooze and can cause allergic reactions; particularly pertinent to butt stuff, nothing in that search can be sterilized, as they're all pourous and those materials can't take a good boiling.

I would look at one of these; because it's a grab bag you don't get to pick the colour but that price won't be beat. Specifically in the Tantus line if you wanted to spend a bit more, you could get any of the vibrators and one of their suction cups (since the vibrator is separate from the toy, their suction cup goes into the vibrator hole)-- that's kind of spendy and I'd get the cup if nothing else from Amazon, it's like half off what they have on their website.

You could also consider something like this or this search should find you something that will both work and not do this if it gets too warm where you leave it.

Do not put jelly toys up your butt. Do not put them inside you at all, but double extra do not put them up your butt.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah but like almost everything in that search was either jelly or a similar pourous material, if they named the material at all. Just figured it was a good idea to go HEY WAIT NOT THAT PRETTY BLUE ONE etc.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Insofar as that's the only safe way to use one-- if you're not allergic to the material, yes.

I'd still avoid them because you still need to make sure they don't get too warm, it is possible to get an allergic reaction just from handling them (which is not extremely common-- never happened to me-- but common enough to not downplay), and the material will degrade after about a year.

I know shelf life seems like a strange thing to be concerned with as far as a sex toy goes, but you'll end up spending more on replacements in the long run.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yup. It's only latex you need to worry about there.

the last s0n posted:

Thanks guys, I guess suction is the way to go. Possibly vibrations? Otherwise, I'll have to McGuyver something together.

Unfortunately, I think suction and vibes are mutually exclusive, just because of where the motors generally are. If you don't want to be tied to a wall/floor, do consider the handled versions of Tantus dildos too; a grab bag Echo with a handle will set you back $26 which is an amazing price for a solid toy.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sucks about that then, figured the extra handle length might help with the reach thing, but if it's not enough, it's not enough. :(

Didn't see the vibes on first glance and, yeah, drat, those are even good prices. Have all the fun then!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Ottoman posted:

How the hell did it melt?! :psyduck: I have a jelly one and it feels really great. (I always use a condom over it.)

It's the nature of the material. It breaks down incredibly quickly and there's any number of things that can accelerate it-- temperature, simply coming into contact with other jelly toys, age, etc. Pthalates are freaky poo poo. Here is a helpful educational (non-sexy) video! And here is a good compilation of information on this stuff. Both links nsfw, obviously.

e: Oooh here's a making of the toxic sex toys jar video. (super nsfw there are fake dicks everywhere)

neongrey fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 13, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

In sex toys, if it's transparent* it's gonna be pourous, no matter what. If it's not jelly it might be TPE, which isn't going to weep or anything, but it's still going to start to break down after about a year, and it's still going to harbour germs or potentially mold over time.

*there are good translucent silicone toys out there but it'll always be sort of cloudy. And you'll probably have paid a lot of money for it so you'll know by that too. :v:

The only actual test you can really do at home is a flame test-- here is a decent look at the sorts of results you might be looking for.

If you're gonna keep using it, then I'd check regularly for tears in the material, black spots, or unusual odors. That's definitely something to go in the bin.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Unlikely to be confused with jelly. :v:

But perfectly safe to jam up into you, so long as the object is designed for that purpose and not, like, a beer bottle or something.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah the hitachi gets thrown around a lot as like 'the one toy you need' or whatever but it's really a terrible beginner's toy-- it takes a lot of practice to learn to use the thing how you like, if you like it, and until then it'll just vibrate your vulva off and leave you unpleasantly numb. That head is like the size of a baseball.

I'd deffo second something small or a bullet-- the we-vibe Tango or Touch (same motor, different housing) are both powerful but easy to dial up, and small and ergonomic enough to easily get mashed on her clit during sex. Being able to vary the end is good too-- you can easaily get either of them to go from pinpoint to broader stimulation from how you hold them.

Those are my personal favourites, but something like a Lelo Siri or Mia are in the same family of toy, or the Leaf Life. You'll want to avoid things like the Lovehoney Flash or the Picobong (who names this poo poo) Kiki-- to every account terrible, terrible toys.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 15, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, my go-to reviewer doesn't care for the MiMi but looking over her review it's not for any reason that would be a problem for what's being wanted here. The shape doesn't look like it'd do it for me-- but that's one reason why it's good there's so many options.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I actually don't like OJST for reviews (they're great for education stuff) -- they're a bit too unwilling to actually give a really negative review on toys, which often leads to them saying of things with poor build quality, bad motors, usability issues, etc 'wellllllll you should try it and see, you might like it'.

(eg, this one where it's 'well it had these design issues I really didn't like... but it's a perfect design for new people', or this one where it basically explains the big problem with rabbits in general but is still 'I'd recommend it to others', etc)

I feel like sex toys in particular are something where you really need to compensate for a reviewer's preferences, so a wishy-washy review is just needless obfuscation, I feel.

For me, I like Epiphora for reviews in general-- she's size queeny as hell and loves g-spot stimulation, though, so those are things to keep in mind when going over her stuff, especially reviews written past 2010 or so.

Dangerous Lilly is another good one, I find-- her tastes match up pretty well with mine.

One of the best things I find for checking out how good a reviewer is is to look through their backlog for a known bad toy (revel body or shiri zinn anything are both good, especially since those are companies known to legally threaten people who give bad reviews; picobong kiki, lelo ida, lovehoney flash; those are all good things to check for) and see how much they're willing to rip into it. Doesn't necessarily have to be a mean review but the less waffling and hedging about how bad a toy is, the more inclined I am to trust them when they say something is good.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I remember that anything marketed as "bondage tape" is more expensive because of sex tax, but there was a material that was basically identical. I forgot what it was though.

Vet wrap, I think?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Right, but if you don't notice until later that something is hosed up, and it's not super-cray-cray hosed up, but it's going to stop you enjoying buttsex for the forseeable future. What then?

Seriously, I haven't seen anything that addresses anything but preventative care for butts, and sex endorphins are going to mess up your pain receptors. "Don't do it/Stop doing it" isn't always feasible.

Like what sort of gently caress-ups are you talking about? I'm not being facetious or anything here; I have the world's most agreeable butt, at least as far as butt stuff is concerned, so buttsex problems are weirdly academic and alien to me.

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

So many of the "bad" reviews are "It's not as strong as a Hitachi, so it's not worth my time :smug::ohdear:", or "It's too much stronger than a Hitachi :rolleyes:"

I didn't really notice any particular comparisons to the Hitachi when I was flipping back for particularly annoying review examples (seriously, you need a loving goldilocks vag/vulva combo to enjoy a loving rabbit, and it's a different combination for every rabbit, I haaaaaaate seeing people recommend them as a blanket solution for everyone) but honestly it really feels like she doesn't know how to articulate what about and how specifically a given toy is pleasurable. And while that's okay if you're just talking between friends, it's a critical flaw in a review.

It's why I appreciate someone like Epiphora's reviews even though I have to go into them prepared to say to myself 'okay, she says it's a bit small for her-- it's probably slightly too big for me'-- she can and will tell you exactly what ridges on a toy are good, and why even though the marketing says this toy has a clitoral nub, it will not stimulate anyone's clitoris, none of this 'it could work for you' crap. I'm not reading a review to find out if you think it'll work for me, I want someone's detailed personal evaluation of it so I can figure out how it goddamn well feels.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Try the Vixen VixSkin line in the size of your choice.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Jewce posted:

Thanks very much for the recommendation. At first I thought my wife would love the Buck, but then I noticed their top seller was one called the Mustang that has a solid inner core combined with an outer silicone layer.

I'm a bit confused about the difference, but did see that epiphora loved the Mustang. Is the Buck just silicone all the way through meaning it won't feel as "hard" or something? I guess the Buck also looks like it is more veiny and has a more prominent head. Is this just a preference thing?

Edit: Just found an epiphora review of the Buck as well. She called it the goldilocks of the VixSkin line and said it is in her top three with the Mustang so it looks like they are both solid choices. I think I'm going to go with the Buck. Thanks again!

Double Edit: Of course, the Mustang is $35 cheaper on amazon so now I'm back to wondering which one I should get. I suppose I'll just let my wife decide if she prefers the girth or a bit extra length!

Everything Vixen makes is pure silicone, it's just that VixSkin is a proprietary dual density combination, so it'll have a firm core and a softer outer layer. It costs a bit more, but it makes for as close to feeling real as silicone gets.

The veins are probably going to have a negligible effect in terms of how it feels, but a prominent head will affect how well it can be used for g-spot stimulation. That's not what either of those are designed for though, so it'll be cosmetic unless you try to use it that way, probably.

But yeah, definitely have her go with the girth she feels more comfortable with -- a toy that's too long doesn't have to go in all the way, but that's not a luxury you get with girth. A 1.5 inch diameter is a good fairly neutral one; 1.75 actually feels substantially bigger. Ask me how I learned reading specs was important, haha.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Skutter posted:

:nws: http://www.amazon.com/Wendy-Williams-Anal-Trainer-Purple/dp/B00L2M7GVG

I have this kit and enjoy it a lot. Very easy for a beginner, and they all fit comfortably for long periods of time (long being like, more than five to ten minutes). They're also easy to clean and they don't have that weird sex toy smell that a lot of silicon toys have. Plus Doc Johnson is a good middle-of-the-road brand (and it's made in 'Merica!), I've used their products for years and never had any problems with them. Just made sure to buy lots of lube and you're set.

Weird sex toy smell is jelly; silicone is odorless. That set is pourous but pthalate free-- meaning they won't melt or give you allergic reactions but you can't actually clean them properly (they can't take the heat of being boiled and you can't use a bleach solution without degrading the material); they will germ up. Use with a condom, discard after about a year.

This is my go-to plug; there is a small size but even for a beginner I wouldn't start with smaller than a medium. It's about the size of a big strawberry, super comfortable-- you can wear it for literally as long as you want, and while you will notice it's there, it won't be uncomfortable.

MoosetheMooche posted:

Thanks for the suggestion! While we're on the topic, I generally use coconut oil as lube for vaginal sex. Would it be as appropriate for Anal or should I spring for something else?

So long as you mind the caveats of using an oil-based lube (no contact with latex, some people's body chemistry doesn't like it and will contribute to yeast infections), then yeah, coconut oil is fine. Sliquid Sassy is my personal preferred butt lube, but silicone lube is good too.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, there are two ways you could change up that lube to something that'll last longer.

One is one of the jellier water-based ones. Sliquid sassy will do it, I know there's others-- basically it's made to be cushiony on butts, so it's thick enough to stay put and it's thick enough to not dry up right away or drip off.

Your other solution is to use a silicone lube. That poo poo will keep you lubed until it gets wiped off.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

There's hygiene concerns about doing it without. I wouldn't say it's strictly necessary to always wear one for butt stuff, but it's not really a bad idea.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

My Sliquid comes in thing with a top like a shampoo bottle, push down and the opening pops up. It's not as good as a pump but it's good enough for me.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 28, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Generally if they say 100% silicone, it will be 100% silicone (and if it's been standing up to repeated boilings you're probably good there). CalExotics does do some pure silicone stuff, but yeah, I avoid them in general (their luxury brand, Jopen, is fine). Generally at that price it will be nothing but silicone-- if you know the brand name and model I could probably tell you (or from a picture if you're comfortable with that, but deffo understandable if you're not).

Edenfantasies, however, is 100% untrustworthy. They are not a good site and not a good business. There's reams of stuff about them mistreating their reviewers and employees if you care about that but pertinently to someone who doesn't: they have been known to re-sell as new toys that have been satisfaction returned.

ie, used. Sex toys.

Do not shop at Edenfantasies. Ever.

Also, everything Smitten Kitten sells will be non-toxic; they explicitly only sell non-toxic toys. Even if you don't buy from them, you can cross-reference.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yyeah, rabbits are mostly TPR or jelly. Lelo has a couple silicone rabbits and I do think calexotics does too, actually, but you'd have to examine the product carefully.

The trouble with rabbits is it's hard finding good reviews for them because you kind of need a goldilocks vag (lucky) to enjoy them, and most reviewers don't. I don't even know anyone off the top of my head who reviews them favourably.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Honestly? I'm amazed, because you're literally the first person I've ever heard of that fitting right for, haha. (I don't disbelieve you, I'm just surprised; I see a lot of people complaining about those, wondering if the designers have ever seen a human vagina. I guess there is a market who fits them after all!)

I'm honestly at a bit of a loss for what to suggest then, because yeah most of the quality rabbits I know have a curve to them for better g-spot hits or other general fit. Honestly I might try hitting up sone of the big reviewers' (Epiphora or Dangerous Lilly or someone) tumblrs in an ask, and ask if they know any products that fit your specs. None of them will personally like it but if it exists, they'll know about it, at least.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Cuckoo posted:

Really? That's weird, but yeah everyone is different. Personally I hate mini-vibes, eggs, massagers, and anything that isn't at least shaped like a dick. Since finding decent rabbits is so hard to find, it's both a blessing and a curse? v:shobon:v

Looks like there's a new LELO sister company called "Picobong" which uses the same high-quality silicone, but costs less. Nice to see they realized that some people would like a good material but don't need to spend 200 bucks for something with a million fancy, pointless options. This is a rabbit from Picobong called the Kaya: https://www.smittenkittenonline.com/vibes-buzz-me-tender/kaya-dual-stimulation-vibrator-by-picobong.html Looks like a good compromise.

But still, any g-spot or natural silicone toy with a decent enough curve would probably work too. When it comes to silicone toys that don't look like someone stole them from a modern art museum, it looks like Tantus vibrators are best.

Some of Picobong's stuff has motor and other design issues(seams and buttons in bad places) , so check reviews first, but yeah, material wise they're fine.

Oddly, a lot of strange shapes are more moulded to the shape of a vagina than the straight ones, (rabbits don't work for me, but the Mona is great for me)

One thing too you will want to note about Picobong is that they are all battery powered, which will give you categorically less power than something rechargeable. I think some of the Picobong ones are notably buzzy, too, which is bad.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I have heard some good about hair brushes, but I have not used one myself for that purpose, so perhaps someone who has could weigh in?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I don't honestly know of a good rechargable anal vibe-- vibes for butts are less common in general, and most that I know of just have a hole for a bullet.

This has a hole for a bullet; you could replace it with a We-Vibe Tango, which is recharable and is straight-up the best bullet on the market right now.

http://www.shevibe.com/vibrating-anal-toys.aspx is SheVibe's collection; they all look silicone but I can't speak for the quality of vibrations from any of these toys. I'd look for a review; there's nothing worse than shelling out and finding out you've got something buzzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

sweetbeets posted:

I feel like sex toys deserve their own thread. It seems like they've taken over here.

nah but an in-thread effort post might not hurt anything, since a lot of it's just repeating similar advice. We'll see how bored I am at work tonight.