Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Sliquid Sassy is my go-to for a thick lube like that. Use more than you think you need and yeah you might need to go slow to start but the vagina is a very stretchy thing. It'll take time and practice but it'll get easier as you go.

e: Also, it wouldn't hurt to warm up first with a slightly-smaller dildo.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Lots of women 100% require clitoral stimulation to orgasm. This is perfectly normal, even if you haven't run into it yourself in the past. I know for me, while penetration is perfectly pleasant, I need a bit more oomph on the clit to get anywhere.

If you want to involve yourself more, you could try working her clitoris yourself, either with your fingers or a vibe.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

John Lee posted:

Well... it's not that, it's that I want to feel like I'm part of the sex.

You are. Clit+penetration feels way different from clit alone, and even if she needs the clit to come, it is a wildly different experience without.

You can eat a sandwich that's just peanut butter. But if it's a peanut butter and jam sandwich, you don't say the jam is no part of the sandwich.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Well, glad to help-- I know that knowing clit stimulation is often mandatory isn't quite the same as feeling it, so if it took a silly analogy about sandwiches to help, then, hooray.

If you want to help out with it more (sounds like she's got it covered, but hey~) definitely try something like a cowgirl position, and use your free hands for it. You can also looking into getting a bullet vibe of some sort and use that on her too, and that should also be fun.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

John Lee posted:

I've considered it, but I'm going to keep considering it until I'm not so broke.

If you do, don't sweat it too hard if it doesn't do the job-- those are pretty anatomy-dependent, like anything that purports both penetration and clit stimulation at once. If it works for both of you, great, if it doesn't, chances are that particular one doesn't fit one or the both of you.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 28, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Unless they're into g-spotting. :pervert:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Skutter posted:

Sometimes my boyfriend doesn't ejaculate when we have sex. Is his dick broken?! :ohdear:

Time to sever. :getin:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Even that sort of play aside, if you're doing something rough it's good to have something absolutely clear and unambiguous as you can-- "no" works but it's short and can easily get lost in other sounds-- there's nothing wrong with using it if that's what you want to though.

Stop can work, plain ol' safeword works if you want something with two syllables, the stoplight system works, 'holy gently caress don't do that, what is wrong with you you weirdo' works-- really the important thing is all involved parties know exactly what you mean when you say it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

He works 12 hours a day in a sterile lab so I certainly hope he's not fooling around in there!

Yeah I do 12-hour shifts too, that is murder on feeling like doing anything at all, let alone sexy anything.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FISHMANPET posted:

So if I'm looking for one of those metal butt plugs with the "jewel" on the end, what do I need to know about that? I see them on Amazon for $10, is that too cheap?

Is a metal plug advanced plugging or can we start with it if it's small enough? Going into my wife if sex matters.

That will definitely be too cheap; you're going to want something made out of solid steel, and at that price you're going to get shiny pot metal, and probably lose the jewel the minute you try and boil it.

Way I see it, you've got a few options:

If you only want to spend $10, get a Tantus Ryder from their grab bag-- it's silicone and you won't get to pick a colour but it's got a slim, grippy neck that's key if you're not used to a plug.

If you're dead-set on the jewel, and are okay with spending a lot, I'd actually go glass. It'll be naturally slick and cool like metal is, and again, has that grippy neck. Don't drop it onto a hard surface and there's no breakage concerns.

If you want the best metal option for a beginner, I'd get an Njoy Pure Plug in medium-- even for a beginner, the small is too small, and the Pure Plug will just pop right in with only a bit of lube. No jewel, but the design is great both in general and for getting used to having that feel.

That being said-- I can't speak for these in specific, but here are some that look pretty good-- they've got other colours if you do a search. At that price you're going to be getting steel and real crystal, it should hold up to cleaning procedures/not be at risk of being covered in paint/etc. Neck looks good enough to be comfortable. It's spendy, but you don't want to take chances with stuff you stick in your butt.

Metal's great for beginners, though, yeah-- it's naturally slick and it'll warm up during use so it's nice and comfortable.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

It makes a big difference what you want to use the plug for. If she wants to wear it around all day (some people actually do this), then you want a thin neck, and the weight of the metal is a reminder. If you want it to stretch her out to get ready for anal while you do other fun stuff for half an hour, then you want a much thicker neck and the weight isn't important. The njoy pure plug and similar designs are no good for the latter use, which I think is much more common.

Probably, though I personally find that if you're not used to it, it'll have trouble staying in for very long without a thin neck, which is why I lean that way on recommendations for 'help, not used to holding things in this butt'.

That being said-- yeah, with the specific request being for plugs with a certain visual look, I assume the intended usage is going to be for at least an hour and probably some walking around with it in, so I'm looking at comfy.

Honestly though the short-term warm-up usage is really more filed under 'butt dildos' in my head than 'butt plugs'. v:shobon:v Either way that's not a usage really suited to jewel-ended steel, silicone is the best thing for that.

FISHMANPET posted:

Maybe I'm not really sure what I want the plug for. We have a small silicon vibrator that I put in her rear end while we had vaginal sex, and she said she really liked how that felt. And then I see a bunch of poo poo on tumblr of girls wearing jeweled plugs, and my brain just sees the jewel and thinks "what if it was green like the emerald in her wedding ring" but you're right, they're probably wearing those all day.

I guess I'm picturing something more the second type than the first, although where does a butt dildo end and a butt plug start, size/shape wise?

Aha. Well, if you look these over, it should be a fair bit clearer, I think. You've got some very obvious dildo-y dildos and some slim-necked walking-around plugs. In this, I think the Ryder is a solid workhorse (and again, very cheap if you get it through the grab bag), but I'd consider, say, the B-Bomb, it's got a hole for you to stick a bullet vibe in so it should be different but not too different.

(also, if the shape of the Little Flirt appeals, they're apparently in stock in the grab bag for seventeen bucks)

neongrey fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 3, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FISHMANPET posted:

Guys help what do I put in my wife's butt.

Man this quest is more difficult than I thought, I can't even really find steel jeweled butt plugs for over $10 very easily. I found one Canadian site that has something that in theory would be good, but there's no information I can find on it other than their own site: http://www.dream-toys.ca/dreamtoys-stainless-steel-jewel-plugs.html

Here you go.

Cirofren posted:

While we're on the topic does anyone have recommendations for a clit vibrator that has both powerful stimulation and is comfy to wear while loving?

You want a We-Vibe Tango. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 (instead spend one of the best sex-related $60 you possibly could).

black.lion posted:

Wahl 4120-200

or

Wahl 4290-300

e: Is "percussive" or "percussion" massage what the Hitachi does?

Go with the first, yeah. To all accounts it's fantastic, though I haven't got one of my own. For ultra-fancy look up the Eroscillator but that will set you back a lot.

The Hitachi is not percussive at all; it's actually an incredibly buzzy motor. It gets by on power alone. What your GF probably needs is more 'rumbly' vibrations. Again, you want the We-Vibe Tango for that, or the We-Vibe Touch for the same motor in a slightly more ergonomic package. And power! Hoo-boy, it's powerful. USB charging was god's gift to vibrators, let me tell you.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 11, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

But all the fighting over who has to play Earl...

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Artificer posted:

To rehash my last question... Looking to finally get a toy for my girlfriend that's good for beginners. Since this will be the first toy that either of us have ever tried or even considered getting, I have a few questions.

1. These two are discontinued on the website. Are there any other good/reputable stores that are discreet in their handling of the sales and packaging? (A quick google search brings up We-Vibe. The purple one is for sale at 99$. Jesus H. Christ. :stare: Is that a good store?)

http://www.shevibe.com/we-vibe-tango-waterproof-discreet-vibrator-blue.aspx

Shevibe is one of the best stores for sex toys around. Any reputable sex toy shop is discreet (ie, not Adam and Eve, not Edensfantasys). They also have the Touch, which, yeah, is more expensive. It's a solid motor, and silicone isn't cheap.

quote:

2. Are these two relatively quiet? I hope so because dorm rooms have thin walls.

Yeah, I have a cat that purrs louder than either of them. She's a loud purrer, but it's no Hitachi, that's for drat sure.

quote:

3. You guys would recommend these two for beginners, right? Just to be sure? If these two have been discontinued then what are some good alternatives that fit my criteria above?

Absolutely. I do not buy the nonsense that a low-quality, low-power toy is suitable for beginners, because someone who's new to this sort of thing is just as much in need-- if not more-- of a quality orgasm. A lovely toy will get you there, but it'll be way more work than it needs to be and it's rarely fun, and it leaves you with a poor impression of the whole thing. Both the Touch and Tango have single-button controls, and you can flip through the settings; they'll start you off low enough to suit someone who needs to get used to it.

quote:

I'm guessing the price is worth it and it isn't worth trying to save money by buying a lovely 25 dollar one, huh?

There are decent cheap toys that exist but it's searching a mountain of poo poo for diamonds. I don't like recommending something so pricey as the be-all end-all but it is something I have never regretted picking up-- and they come with a warranty, which they're good at honouring, which is nice.

What I can suggest is that there are going to be sales coming up, what with the holidays and all. Epiphora usually does a good round-up. Any of the stores she recommends are going to be reputable/discreet, too.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

GoodBee posted:

That's basically what I was asking. In the linked pictures, it looked like there were 3 parts, the dongy bit, what looked like some sort of handle that it plugged into and a USB port. I was wondering where the battery was. It sounds like the "handle" was the charger and battery is in the toy.

Sounds like you still need to keep the (clearly a sex) toy plugged in all the time if you want to be spontaneous. That could be a problem if yoy like to keep those things private, depending on you living situation.

It's why I went with something with batteries ages ago.

Nah, once you charge it, it'll hold a charge for ages. It'll go through that charge within a half hour of actual usage or so-- at least the Touch/Tango will, which is their one major downside-- but most rechargable stuff now has a pretty robust internal battery.

The problem with battery motors in vibes is you'll never get the juice out of a set of AAs, let alone AAAs or loving watch batteries that you will out of one with a rechargable battery. And honestly it's really hard to describe just how much more satisfying a rumble you get off a good motor; reviewers will talk about 'buzzy' or 'rumbly' but it's really something that doesn't click until you see it for yourself.

And yeah the way it works is you have the cord, which sticks into an adapter, which magnetically connects to the toy.

Shine posted:

Earl has cool sunglasses and cool shoes and shakes his fat rear end to the hula chick like it's just something to do. Earl owns.

But he's soooo slooooooow.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

GoodBee posted:

Can it be used while plugged in/charging? The one I had could not.

We-Vibe's stuff can't, because the on button is on the charging base and the hold's not that strong. Others can; my Mona 2 could be run plugged in, though I don't see you'd need to, it holds a charge for weeks (if not more) at rest and hours in use. And that thing's got a motor like a hand blender.

Epiphora again has a lot on rechargeables and if you flip through her older reviews you can sort of see the advancement in the technology.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

It's categorically not pee, I think that's been proven a few times. But yeah, it's 100% possible for someone to be a super squirter. Just have a really friendly g-spot, I guess.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

If anything it's probably whatever pee is before it meets the various waste products that turn it into pee.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I wouldn't say it's 'as strong' given there's not much you can do to beat wall current (though the Touch definitely packs a surprising lot of power), but it's very different when you can put that pinpoint tip on a clit as opposed to dealing with the baseball-sized Hitachi head. And it's higher-quality vibrations, if that makes any sort of sense just through description. It's really something you have to encounter in person for it to really click.

I think you'll both be very pleased with the buy though, the Touch feels great in the hand, and even better in use.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Njoy Pure Wand, Jopen Key Comet G Wand, Picobong Moka. Reviews all here; she's some sort of g-spotting wizard so she should be able to point you right.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, a toy that can laser-strike a g-spot (like the ones I listed will) won't suddenly give you a sex drive; worth trying the Comet wand or the Moka if only because they're not very pricey, but while they are absolutely great tools for the job, no one can guarantee it's the job you actually want done.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, the Mona 2 is probably the best workhorse insertable vibe on the market, and it works just fine externally too. You're in good hands with the others on the emotional stuff so I'll just say that yeah, that is a toy that will treat you right.

Do get familiar with it both on yourself and with your husband; it's ergonomic enough that I don't see why you couldn't use it during sex for clitoral stimulation, too. Learn your way around it and it should do you well.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

It's really hard to recommend rabbits because they're extremely anatomy dependent and they're often made of materials that are pourous at best and jelly at worst.

Either way for a rumbly vibe you want something with an internal rechargeable battery. If she's dead-set on a rabbit I'd suggest a Lelo Ina 2, but I would personally recommend a combo of the Lelo Mona 2 (insertable) and a We-Vibe Tango (bullet). If you had to go with just one-- and I masturbate in a similar way to her-- I'd go with the Tango.

It's gonna be spendy; a good rumbly motor is not, I am afraid, cheap.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 26, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

keyvin posted:

If you are helping her while she does this, why not a separate vaginal and clitoral vibrator. A waterproof dildo vibe with a magic wand has been a killer combo for my partners. Much easier on your wrist than using your fingers.

A dimmer on the magic wand helps to find just the right oomph if it is too strong.

If she needs rumbly the magic wand isn't going to give that to her. Whatever its virtues, it's an incredibly buzzy vibration.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I doubt you'll be disappointed, it's a fantastic vibe.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

beefart posted:

My girlfriend wants to try anal when she comes to visit in a couple days, but wants to start with toys first before moving on to my dong. Neither of us has been into the butt forest before and I have no idea what toys would feel best for her. Any suggestions?

The above is good advice but make sure whatever it is is something you can boil. So, no jelly, no TPE, no TPR. You probably want pure silicone.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

The 4 is about the best you're going to get from toys of that type. Do not get the Lelo version of similar design to the we-vibe or we-vibe's Thrill, it is bad.

The We-Vibe design's been pretty refined by now so they've got most of the bugs out.

They've also recently redone the chargers so I think the 4 should stick better.

The Tango and Touch are, for my money, superior toys by the same manufacturer but they won't be able to fill the niche the way the We-Vibe proper does.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Nah, it can take a while to get the lubrication back.

Vaginas are weird, as a rule.