Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

dexter6 posted:

Can someone recommend a lube that doesn’t start feeling like a sticky mess after a few mins?

Generally silicone lube. Water based will almost always devolve into sticky.

That being said, I find the stuff that's in gel form tends to stay not sticky a little longer as long as it's not too air exposed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

Not in the way that I was with my ex wife, no, but that is unfair to compare against as we were together almost 20 years from the time I was 16. She has shown a willingness to adjust to my physical wants and needs despite her inexperience and not being as physical of a person as I am. So I feel we are compatible in theory, but that it will take time to more closely match.

You should probably decide if the right now this moment level of compatibility is enough for you.

9 months is a long time for adults. There’s always a chance there will be more progress towards the side you’re hoping, but honestly most of the progress your partner is comfortable with is probably already made.

Not to say it can’t be swung to a more physical side, But you should be very ready that this may be the end of the road, and decide if you’re comfortable with that. If you’re not sure then you’re probably not.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Laserface posted:

Counterpoint, religious girls are the horniest/most depraved I have ever encountered.

Not ones that have held up the facade not just publicly, but privately for 35 years, I’d assume.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Waiting until marriage doesn’t mean no sex after marriage. It’s quite weird some of y’all are conflating the two.

It’s also pretty normal for either men or women to have problems reaching orgasm for a while with a partner the first time they have a serious partner.

I don’t think that’s an issue here.

The issue is her deriving basically no to little pleasure or enjoyment from any sexual activity, then expecting PiV sex to go any better.

The odds are pretty drat high that if she has trouble receiving pleasure from solely focused on her stimulation it’s going to be even less enjoyable with actual PiV.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

I haven’t seen any suggestion she has trouble experiencing pleasure only that he doesn’t like the way she does experience pleasure.

It’s not about orgasms for everybody and its just as likely that she has a mental block about orgasming before marriage as it is to make assumptions about how she will like sex in ways she hasn’t tried. I’ve been with partners who have some sort of mental block against orgasm that they needed to work out on their own and many successfully have done so.

GoGoGadget posted:

Thinking about it more, it isn't so much about the orgasm as it is that she doesn't seem to enjoy the majority of what I do for her. She doesn't dislike it...she's just very neutral about it. Telling me something I'm doing feels good is rare, and happens at most twice per encounter. She can't articulate what it was that felt good when I lose it, so I can never get it back. The baseline is no reaction at all and seemingly no pleasure.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

She doesn’t “seem to” disagrees with the actual words the human being is saying about being happy with things.

All this being said, have you all discussed specifics of how you expect sexual behavior to be changing AFTER the marriage or is it just known that it will be changing somehow?

“Happy with things as they are” and saying she’s more verbally expressive sometimes, barely because I told her it was a problem for me /= enjoying sexual stimulation.

You could say the exact same phrasing for someone who tolerates sex with their partner because it makes their partner happy. Do you think someone who says they “are happy with thing as they are” at their job actually enjoys their job? The point of all this intensity and scrutinization isn’t that people here think there is a 0% chance this woman will enjoy sex or change after marriage.

The point is that marriage is some magical made up thought experiment. Getting married will not, ever physically change someone’s libido or physical enjoyment of sex/sex acts. After they’re married this woman will not magically be able to get off. And historically, people as a whole who have difficultly masturbating or receiving selfless pleasure from a partner will receive even less from PiV.

And this person posting about their issues very clearly has a problem with it. They’re trying to convince themselves that things will change, and even if they don’t change they’ll be happy. But it’s obvious to me that they absolutely will not be happy if sex stays where it is now (10 months into a relationship at mid-30s) or back steps, which seems extremely likely.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

This whole conversation kinda worries me. I'm someone that for whom sex is physically difficult due to a disability It sucks rear end that I can't do much in bed. Also patriarchal sex bullshit blahblahblah. I'm worried that I won't be able to please my future partner. I'm a cis woman, btw.

Maybe it’s getting lost in the argument sauce, but no one engaged in this convo throwing up warnings is concerned about the partners lack of sex/lack of anything.

The singular thing everyone is concerned about is the expectation (or the willingness to gamble) that things will change in the future.

Plenty of people are in 100% sexless, unconventional sex, minimal sex, repetitive sex, and everything in between relationships, and those can all be totally healthy and great.

This whole convo the last couple pages is not about what kind of sex they’re having, it’s about expectation setting and not setting yourself up for failure.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4jixHk6N0_4&feature=shareb

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

whydirt posted:

I don’t know the exact ownership structure, but the team at unboundbabes.com has queer and POC folks

If you check ohjoysextoy (review webcomic) they’re extremely Queer/POC friendly and should have links to good shops.

Edit: Don’t do this. See below.

Pilfered Pallbearers fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 16, 2023

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Oh no.

I was unaware of these issues, apologies. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Those things are all exceptionally lovely. Probably worth outright disregarding someone who appears to have some unresolved issues related to their sexuality and uses it to hatefully lash out against LGBTQ+ folks.

thotsky posted:

That blog seems a bit over the top. I mean, even if you agree with the general thesis that cis people shouldn't "play" with gender expression, how is it the comics fault that strapless strapons are not particularly good for loving?

To be fair to the blog post, a lot of those things are downright gross. The blogger is also quite clear that the strapless thing is purely a personal gripe and a comment on Erika’s sketchy, unethical monetization practices rather than something concrete everyone should be mad at.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

Silicone lubes are a pain because they stain, can’t be used with toys, and — not mentioned yet but super important — if you get even a drop on hardwood, tile, or the bathtub, it’s a murder weapon. And it can last for like a week+.

There are thicker silicone lubes for butt stuff, but you have to seek them out. You might also want to look into hybrid lubes.

You could look at Sliquid — they have a quiz you can take to pair you with the right one, and/or they have variety boxes so you can sample. Samplers are always more expensive per oz, but once you find the best one, you can buy a bigger bottle for savings.

I did just get the sliquid silk hybrid and for butt stuff it dries out way way too quick. Honestly, even not butt stuff it was drying out within 1 minute on a silicone toy.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Does anyone have a good recommendation for butt lube for silicone toys?

For now it’s mostly insertion and wear for a decent amount of time, but eventually the plan is thrusting and would need something good for that as well. High preference on cushioning insertion and thrust, so super slick and long lasting is best. I’ve seen coconu oil based recommended but it’s expensive so I wanted to check more on it before pulling the trigger.

For anal intercourse I’d probably just use the silicone stuff I use for regular intercourse and am happy with, but definitely open to other stuff that may be better.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

The Real Amethyst posted:

Cum blood resolves when I don't have sex for a number of days but always comes back after I have sex. This is an interesting development. :hmmyes:
Yes I know you are all going to say "go to the doctor" but right now I cannot.

Cumming blood and refusing to go to the doctor is the most goon poo poo ever.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Rolo posted:

She took another negative test yesterday morning and today the missed period showed up.

Thanks for the replies, I was definitely getting anxious. We got a vasectomy thread?

It sucks during (and after) but is so god drat worth it.

If you can sit for a tattoo it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Rolo posted:

Thanks goons. I was pretty up in the air about having kids someday until this happened and even though it wasn't that close of a call it scared the poo poo out of me. I think my feelings about kids are shifting to where I'd rather risk a lengthy undo-procedure after changing my mind later than risk a pregnancy happening before then.

Got some stuff to think about, I'll be reading the snip thread in the meantime.

Going to echo you need to treat this as irreversible.

It’s serious enough that my state has a 45 day waiting period between the consent and procedure date, and both no one is allowed in the room with you when you sign.

If you’re really unsure, don’t. I was 1000% sure.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

John Lee posted:

i mean very possibly but that costs money

But for real, it's annoying as heck to get the response I did - I was just looking for pro tips to do my own research on male sex toys, but I just got "just use your hand, it's more natural, and have you tried having sex with your wife a different way?" If I had made a post saying I had a vagina and was looking for fun sex toy recommendations, nobody would have said "drat gal I dunno, but you shouldn't buy any sex toys for sure and maybe you're doing sex with your husband wrong," because people have asked in this thread before and people have been pretty supportive.

e: and it's not like I'm on the Side of the Penis here, I don't want a penis, it's awkward and I hate it, but if I have it I at least want to try and make it feel decent, you know?

You have some real issues if your through line of thinking is “I got poo poo advice because I’m a man.” based on the responses you got.

You gave basically no information in your first post, which means everyone has to guess and use their experiences, in the hopes it matches yours.

Then when you gave information it was weirdly aggressive towards your wife, for no reason at all.

You’re better off spending the money on therapy for yourself than any sex toys.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Also not being hostile here, I don’t see anything really bad or overtly wrong with your post, and I don’t know you personally.

I don’t “play for the correct team”, but based on the words you typed I do wanna make you aware of something. The other posters here have gently suggested you read a thread, and maybe consider posting about your experiences to get some gut checks in.

Now when you push back on that, you say you haven’t felt welcomed while expressing your opinions. I think this may really be the key here. I would hazard a guess that most people that belong to an (extremely, borderlining on genocided) marginalized group are not interested in the opinions of others who have not also faced the same struggles.

I don’t wanna speak for anyone in threads I don’t belong to, but I suspect you’ll be significantly more welcomed in a thread where you post about your experiences and feelings about yourself. Maybe even just asking if anyone else has experienced “x” rather than posting about how you feel things should be.

I know in the out group threads and circles I have run in, this is exactly what the problem would be.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

John Lee posted:

And, you know, what am I supposed to say, like, I'm autistic and my best guess is that I should have really strong emotional affect, but I don't see how it makes me more believable in practice and if it doesn't work to make you more believable than I just look like a (white, cis, male) rear end in a top hat throwing a fit. I already modify my behavior to have more emotional affect because otherwise people don't believe that I'm accurately self-reporting my emotional state, but I don't want to become a drama hog just because other people think I'm a liar if I'm not.

I'm gonna poo poo-sandwich you a bit here, because I don't want you to feel like you're being dogpiled. I agree with Grassy that this conversation is super-duper good faith and trying to gain understanding.

While I'm not autistic, I do have fairly severe ADD, which is extremely often co-morbid w/autism, and has very similar masking issues. I have extremely deep and conflicting thoughts about masking as a whole, but what I will say is it is extremely difficult to deal with masking while attempting to explore deeply personal mental space issues with the support of others. Those that don't mask really fail to understand how much burden there is when attempting to do both, and how deeply stinging it can be when you violate a social norm that's really difficult for your flavor of disability to overcome. RSD, another fun co-morbid symptom of Autism/ADHD makes it even more of a roller coaster.

John Lee posted:

And reporting my own, personal experiences are usually what tilt people the MOST. I feel this way? No I don't. I experience this? Nuh-uh. Or when people make broad sweeping statements about sex and gender, and I have a relevant anecdote that contravenes common wisdom, it pisses people off. You're framing it like my personal experiences are inarguable, but my lofty opinions might not be either welcome or warranted, and in my experience the actual things that have happened to me and how I felt are the least likely things to be welcome or listened to. And yeah, me and another person, especially a more openly queer person are likely to have significant differences in experience that inform our perspective, but I'd naively think this would make me more interesting as a source, rather than something to be dismissed. If somebody else says something that seems absolutely wild to me about, like, sexuality or gender, I might not end up agreeing with them, but I'll rarely regret listening, especially if they have experiences relating to that conclusion.

No space that considers itself inclusive or welcoming should be making you feel bad about the way you feel about yourself. Your personal experiences are inarguable. They are yours, and no one can make them any different. Your opinions about your own feelings will always be valid, and at the very bare minimum worth a conversion as to why you feel that way and if there was a misunderstanding or whatever.

However, there is extremely challenging nuance to this.

John Lee posted:

"I feel this way?" & "I experience this?"

are you, your feelings, and your experience.

John Lee posted:

"I have a relevant anecdote that contravenes common wisdom" & "this would make me more interesting as a source" & "gendered bathrooms are dumb and shouldn't exist in the first place"

are very much not. These are unwelcome opinions in a safe space and community that you have not yet joined, or proven to that community you are a part of. Not that there is any intention to break that safe space or harm anyone, but the people in marginalized communities have generally experienced so much trauma around opinions and poo poo-rear end questions, that in order to protect their safe space they need to shut that down real fast (See Grassy's post).

John Lee posted:

I dunno how, like, incisive you thought this was, but it seems to me to be a fine way to be? Like, I'm parsing it as "You're refusing to change yourself to join a community, so it seems like all you want to do it join a community of like-minded individuals (derisive)," and... looking for a community of people who already agree with you is, like, the basic step of community? I don't join a small forum, discord server, and tumblr for niche hit show Sherlock Oaks (Sherlock Holmes But Trees) because I want to know what people say about it, I'd join because I'm already in favor of it. I don't know if this points to some key difference between how we're thinking about this, but something that you pointed at was the idea that nobody owes another person a long, grueling explanation of their personal code, experiences and how they inform each other, which is completely true and accurate! But on the other hand, the online sources I can find when I want to look up info so I don't have to bother anybody in person all have vibes like "Here's the things you should say and do, and if you do not say and do them you are Evil 😇"
I've had four or five trans friends, I live with an ace pal right now (who just brought me dinner), - I've just gotten bad results talking about anything in related spheres, so I don't ask them for fear of tanking my relationship (except my ace pal, they're ride-or-die and we're in agreement on most things) , so, like I said, I don't feel welcome in these communities.

Community is an interesting topic, and I want to challenge your thoughts a little bit. Communities that just agree with each others sentiments and never challenge anyone because they all agree all the time are echo chambers. Everyone gets deeper and deeper and deeper set in their ways, and no one in allowed to critical think about issues as things in society change. Just imagine if progressive US political discourse never started to consider that trans people deserve rights, because anyone joining that group needed to conform exactly.

Community is extremely give and take. You may not agree with everything, but a good community, once you recoginized by it's members as belonging, should be fully open to discourse regarding the state of things. They don't have to agree in the end, but should certainly be willing to engage in conversation surrounding the topic, outside of extremely beyond-the-pale stuff.

Just going to re-iterate at the end of this here. Your feelings, experiences, and truths about yourself are valid. No one should be challenging those, and if they are then it's not a community worth joining.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Yangrendan posted:

Hi all.

I am a long-time goon, but I decided to make a new account to ask this question. I’m having some problems that I want to ask advice about but I don’t really have a place to turn…so strap in.

I am a 38 year old male. I’ve been in a relationship with my wife for 14 years (12 of those married). I was about 25 when we married and she was 31. So we got together when I was 23. She was my first actual girlfriend and I was a virgin before being with her (she had had other boyfriends/partners before me).

I have struggled with a couple sexual disfunctions since being sexually active. And still struggle to this day. I’ve always wanted to try going to see a specialist but was scared to, and asked my wife if she would go with me, but she always just shrugged it off and said no need. So I put it off until this past year. She always said that she was satisfied, so she doesn’t get what the deal is.

So the main things that I have struggled with over the years are:

1. Very severe premature ejaculation (for years I could only last 5-10 seconds. After a decade I was able to last for maybe 50-60 seconds.

2. Ever since being sexually active with her, I lost my ability to have an orgasm. I still ejaculate, but there is no feeling of pleasure. I haven’t had an orgasm in well over 10 years. I’ve forgotten what it feels like.

I’ve been taking SSRIs for the first problem and its improved (sometimes dramatically) for me. But I’m also wondering if there are any other tips anyone might have.

But even the doctor is unsure what to do about the second. I was wondering if anyone has had this kind of problem.

I’ve kind of wondered if it might be psychological? My first experience was traumatic for me (something my wife doesn’t really get). And its incredibly hard to get her to understand my my needs and feelings. Generally she just says I’m thinking too much and that she’s fine with how things are. I’ve wanted to work at fixing these things for over a decade but it just doesn’t seem like its working. I’ve wondered if the inability to have an orgasm is a result of trauma or psychological response to a lack of satisfaction. Again, wondering if there is any advice.

Sorry for the long post. But this has been a life long problem. I’ve realized I’ve never enjoyed sex and have questioned whether I’m even meant to (to the point of just wanting to give up and just not have it anymore). So, any advice would be appreciated.

When you masturbated pre-sex, did it only last 10-60 seconds?

And when you masturbate now does it last 10-60?

It’s always possible that you need significantly more time/attention/foreplay in order to enjoy the orgasm. Even if I ejaculated after only 60 seconds of stimulation I don’t think I’d enjoy it.

As a separate idea, previous to the SSRIs, how does your body respond attempting to go for a second round, either immediately or within like 5 minutes? Both for sex or masturbation. If your body is capable of that, it pretty quickly solves the premature issue, and who knows the second one might be more enjoyable.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

trilobite terror posted:

apropos of “trying butt stuff”. Is there a tactful way to market oneself/weed out potential dates wherein I don’t have to waste a bunch of time and effort and money getting to the point where I find out that they’re never gonna meet my wants?

I don’t mean in some unrealistic or unrealized way. The kind/quality of sex that I’m looking for I’ve had, I had it frequently and regularly for five years, and it’s not particularly like outré or weird or niche.

I just mean like—is there a phrase you can put on a dating profile that’s like: “if you’re not into butt sex or bdsm, don’t even waste our time”?

I’ve been really put off dating for the past few years. My ex fiancée that I lived with in my 20s (I’m 34 now) was basically perfect in that regard, I could get into details and I probably will in another post because my hangups do go farther than this, there are attributes about her specifically that I would love to find in another partner, but at the minimum it would be nice to not be completely and utterly disappointed by the people that I date after having put in weeks/months of time and expense.

I don’t have a ton of time or money to throw at dating and when I do date it takes a lot of work to make it fit (I’m in the early stages of running my own business) and it sucks poo poo to get three-four dates in with a person, or four months like my last long-term relationship which shambled on for a year before I finally pulled the plug, start bonding with them/etc, and then have to come to a decision point like “this person will never, ever do butt stuff” or “this person will never be particularly competent or enthusiastic about blowjobs”, “this person doesn’t have nearly the sex drive that you have”, etc.

Like dating on OkCupid, etc, where you answer a bunch of questions about yourself has at least yielded somewhat better results than the times I’ve dated some whitebread becky with a good engineering job from Hinge, but also they’re OkCupid results (if you know you know) and OkCupid is arguably more of a relative backwater today than it was in 2018. Fetlife isn’t a dating site, though I’ve hooked up with a few people from there and they’ve been fun. But unless you happen to end up in bed together on the first night, you can’t go into a normal date guns blazing like “so how do you feel about anal?” without raising red flags. Mostly I’m just venting, I think, IDK that there’s an answer beyond “keep on keeping on”. Yes I’ve been to therapy.

Why not look for hookups that meet those requirements and see if they turn into relationships?

That’s the only real way I see to shortcut “hey are you into BDSM and anal?”

You could also just straight up put it in your profile but I doubt that’ll work out for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I’ve found water based lube wears out so so quickly. It’ll still glide a little but gets significantly worse after a few minutes, even the thick stuff.

For non-silicone toy use, good quality silicone lube has always worked excellently for me.

I really like oil based lube for silicone toys, but it’s real stainy.