Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why don't planes travel in packs like geese?

like if there are 10 planes going to europe within 20 minutes, why don't they get into a big V, and alternate who leads so they all save fuel and stuff, then when something goes wrong, they can immediately radio in "plane 6 just hosed off into the ocean, better send a boat".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Three Olives posted:

"Vietnam media quote Navy Admiral Ngo Van Phat saying military radar recorded #MH370 crashing into sea 153 miles south of Phu Quoc island"

11 hours to confirm a big rear end jet crashed into the ocean from the military?

This is highly suspect. I'm checking satellite view on google maps, and i don't see the plane anywhere.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

moments before she was run over by a giant fire truck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jacobeus posted:

Hey, at least we know where that plane is, guys.

ok, then, where is it, smart guy?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I bet the pilots accidentally locked themselves out of the cockpit, but were too embarrassed to admit it so just hid in the bathroom.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Drunk & Ugly posted:

What happens to a body after a plane crash into the ocean like that? I mean I've seen the worst stuff on the net so I dont think a bloated plane crash victim would bother me, let alone what's left after 2 years in the ocean

must be one in some sort of academic paper or something
in short,

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arclyte posted:

I figured I'd spend an hour or so looking through the satellite images on that Tomnod site and came across this thing.

It looks like its about 60-70 feet wide, thats got to be a lot bigger than a life raft but what the hell is it? It looks like it has the helipad marking on it, are there oil rigs that small?

It is the roof of an under water evil layer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

has anybody said malaise airlines yet?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CactusWeasle posted:

Passengers not included.

the seller is a cannibal, the people are the snacks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Why not just buy a used plane and do this exact same thing without raising the entire world's alert?

All of the taliban's terrorist funds are stuck in mtgox.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

cctv of the captain and first officer going through metal detectors and getting pat downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpL1i63lsas

This changes everything.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

how it could fly north and not get picked up by radar is bizaar unless it was fly low....... ...

There were probably 300 planes in the area at the time, and nobody tried looking for it until it was reported missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:siren: a guy on the plane had a beard :siren:

Prepare to have your butt looked up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...lost-plane.html

• Locked thread