Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Arzakon posted:

if this is true someone make me nasi lemak for breakfast tia

Malaysia: the only country in SE asia with poo poo indigenous food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MrFrosty posted:

I'm Malaysian but what the gently caress. How can you say that? That poo poo's delicious. Would eat it every meal every day if it weren't 1000+ calories a plate.

Going from singapore to kuala lumpur was like falling off a cloud on a sunny day into a grave filled with decomposing relatives

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bolivar posted:

I prefer the food in Singapore as well, but the main thing I noticed going from Singapore to KL was the amount of extremely beautiful women multiplying by 10. Kind of like a moment of "I knew SOMETHING was wrong in Singapore but I couldn't quite grasp what it was".

Well, I mostly went to touristy spots in Singapore though my hotel was in little india, so the women I saw were mostly ivory-faced chinese expats with fake tits wearing thongs out in the street, and the women in KL were mostly covered in niqabs, walking ten feet behind their D&G wearing hair gel abusing douchenozzles who all gave me the evil eye for not looking enough like bin laden, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

My brother linked me to this article about the final findings regarding Air France 447 and it was really really depressing to read the pilots essentially lose their heads because they're flying at night and without instruments.

They couldn't have done a worse piloting job if they were intentionally trying to crash the drat thing. A five-year old with half an hour of experience playing FSX would have saved that plane.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Vernii posted:

It's not the only incident of that type either, Saudi Arabia apparently has bad luck with jetliners catching fire and killing everyone on board over their territory.

:stare:

it was being wet-leased to Nigeria Airways, which in turn sub-leased it to another company to transport Nigerian pilgrims to and from Mecca.[3]

Atleast noone of value died.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

WastedJoker posted:

They've probably resorted to cannibalism now. Wonder what Chinese people taste like.

Egg roll

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Zogo posted:

This is good. It just needs those timestamps like the Air France 447 flight to make it look more official. Highlights:

02:07:00 (Bonin) We seem to be at the end of the cloud layer, it might be okay.

02:10:36 (Robert) Descend!

02:10:37 (Bonin) Here we go, we're descending.

02:10:41(Bonin) We're... yeah, we're in a climb.

02:10:55 (Robert) drat it!

02:11:21 (Robert) We still have the engines! What the hell is happening? I don't understand what's happening.

02:11:32 (Bonin) drat it, I don't have control of the plane, I don't have control of the plane at all!

02:11:37 (Robert) Left seat taking control!

02:11:43 (Captain) What the hell are you doing?

02:11:45 (Bonin) We've lost control of the plane!

02:11:47 (Robert) We've totally lost control of the plane. We don't understand at all... We've tried everything.

02:12:14 (Robert) What do you think? What do you think? What should we do?

02:12:15 (Captain) Well, I don't know!

02:13:40 (Robert) Climb... climb... climb... climb...

02:13:42 (Captain) No, no, no... Don't climb... no, no.

02:13:43 (Robert) Descend, then... Give me the controls... Give me the controls!

02:14:23 (Robert) drat it, we're going to crash... This can't be happening!

02:14:27 (Captain) Ten degrees of pitch...

(Exactly 1.4 seconds later, the cockpit voice recorder stops).

Three stooges fly an aeroplane

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What kind of scrub god can't fly, huh?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

No. 6 posted:

This is literally what happened for almost 4 minutes straight:

:siren: STALL WARNING :siren:
:downs: *pulls back on stick*

What happened was that they literally let the three stooges fly an airplane. If they hadn't crashed in the atlantic, they would've crashed someplace else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Letting go of the stick and pulling back just a little bit on the throttle to allow the plane to correct was all that was needed.
It's a shame they didn't allow any of the passengers to have a go at it instead, odds are they would have managed better than the graduates from "computer says no" flight school.

• Locked thread