Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
I'd hate to be the Italian guy who was on the plane but wasn't because someone stole his passport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
If the pilot/copilot was going to all the length of committing suicide, why bother going through all the shenanigans of shutting down the transponder, saying goodbye to control, shutting down other various transponders or whatever changing course/altitude and heading on a different flight route.

Why not just ditch the plane into the sea on your current route? If the plane had crashed why were they receiving pings from the aircraft for 5 hours or so after it had?

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

WastedJoker posted:

Because if the plane is never ever found then there is less chance of a suicide verdict.

Those shenanigans are to make the plane disappear without a trace.

^^efb like I owed him money

But you run the likely risk of the plane and black box being recovered and not only are you discovered as committing suicide, you're now also responsible for killing 200 odd passengers.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
My theory:

2014 Hide and Seek world champions

• Locked thread