Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texasmed
May 27, 2004
signal fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Al Borland posted:

I'm not so good at reading so if it was 18k yeah. No idea, probably plane bullshit or aliens :tinfoil:. I'm not surprised China has no idea where the plane is though. I'd guess they have a sub par radar system for travel that has highly underpaid people working it and is built with parts made in China.

Meaning cheap lovely materials.

no need for guesswork, your answer lies within this very thread if you'd only read it

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

bring down the plane

we don't know this part yet

texasmed
May 27, 2004

then why did you say it

ps nice edit

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Hopefully they can find this thing soon :f5:

The same source as that image said it can survive 6000m depth and 3400g's of force, so it must be in decent shape.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
bush did MH370

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I'd invite a woman to visit my cockpit if you know what I'm saying

texasmed
May 27, 2004

doomisland posted:

nutted, but she still sucking *crashes plane*
new thread title please, mods

texasmed
May 27, 2004
That's part of what I don't understand with some of those air disasters. A pilot once told me he could feel his C-5 cargo jet sliding left or right when it needed some rudder trim. I guess it just says a lot about the heat of the moment when disaster strikes and the pilots start ignoring those sensations.

Also hard to believe that I missed a chance at infamy when I was working on the ramp at my local airport, and I could have brought down a plane with a piece of bubble gum in the correct pitot tube.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Skipjack posted:

get a piece of string. hold it loose in your hand. now hold your arm out straight and run. tell me what happens to the string, genius.

i think the plane takes off because its tires are moving at takeoff speed

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I don't think some of yall really understand what happens when an aircraft slams into the ocean. It breaks up into a million pieces, some of which sink, the rest floats. Your socks would float on the water waiting to be washed up on a distant shore, or for a military ship to find them.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
i think it's safe to say that the plane is in multiple pieces now at least, unless it isn't

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I don't think a razor is going to help find the plane, but I guess at this point the Malaysians are willing to try anything

texasmed
May 27, 2004
It was actually a 4-monitor setup (lower one for flight instruments) and a yoke/throttle/rudder pedals. Nothing any flight-sim nerd with money doesn't already have. I guess the FBI goes nuts when people get in a car wreck and find out they have an iRacing setup with a hydraulic motion-seat

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I believe the black boxes only record the last two hours of flight audio, so all the good poo poo is gone since the theory is that the plane was in the air for way longer than that after whatever happened that caused it to go off course.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Chinatown posted:

The plane flew to Crimea guys.

Chinatown posted:

Its gone guys.

Chinatown posted: