Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
KANE

KANE

kane?

KANE

Let's just have some KANE TALK

Kane matches, Kane's longevity, Kane's... backstory... Kane's loves. All Kane all the time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft38dteJxnU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

not a fan of the man personally

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
A guy I know is friends with these lady twin directors who made a movie with Kane.

Thank you for reading my Kane anecdote remember to like subscribe upvote on reddit and +1.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Kane is a dude in a suit now?

I mean he was always a dude in a suit but now he's a dude in a suit-and-tie style suit not a lycra-wrestleman suit?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i quit watching wrestling in jr high/high school after triple h beat kane because i was so mad

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

oatgan posted:

i quit watching wrestling in jr high/high school after triple h beat <literally everyone and then cut a 22 minute promo to start every Raw> because i was so mad

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

KANE

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
The biggest accolade for Kane is getting Triple H to have sex with a corpse.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
KANE STATS
Kane has had 2052 matches in WWE. Of those, 880 have been televised. Of those, 150 have been on PPV.

He is a one-time WWE Champion, a one-time World Heavyweight Champin, a one-time ECW Champion, a two-time WWF Intercontinental Champion, a one-time WCW World Tag Team Champion (w/ The Undertaker), a two-time WWE Tag Team Champion (with The Big Show, Daniel Bryan), a nine-time World Tag Team Champion (with Mankind [twice], X-Pac [twice], The Undertaker [twice], The Hurricane, Rob Van Dam, and The Big Show), a one-time Hardcore Champion, SmackDown's Money in the Bank winner for 2010, and a Slammy Award winner for Best Family Values in 2010 for beating up Jack Swagger's dad. [source: Wikipedia]

He has won 10 Wrestling Observer awards. Worst Match of the Year 2001 (teaming with The Undertaker vs. KroniK, Unforgiven 2001), Worst Feud of the Year 2002 (vs. Triple H), Worst Feud of the Year 2003 (vs. Shane McMahon), Worst Feud of the Year 2004 (vs. Matt Hardy & Lita), Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic of 2004 (Kane impregnating Lita), Worst Feud of the Year 2007 (vs. Big Daddy V), Worst Feud of the Year 2008 (vs. Rey Mysterio), Worst Feud of the Year 2010 (vs. Edge), Most Overrated Wrestler of 2010, Worst Feud of the Year 2012 (vs. John Cena). Glenn Jacobs separately won the "Worst Gimmick of the Year 1996" for portraying "Fake Diesel".

BEST SINGLES MATCHES (per the highly subjective and arguable Meltzer star ratings; every singles match with 3+ stars listed)
vs. Chris Benoit (3.5 stars) Bad Blood 2004
vs. Steve Austin (3.25 stars) King of the Ring 1998
vs. Shane McMahon (3.25 stars) Unforigven 2003
vs. Shawn Michaels (3.25 stars) Unforgiven 2004
vs. Mankind (3 stars) Survivor Series 1997
vs. Test (3 stars) No Mercy 2001
vs. John Cena (3 stars) Elimination Chamber 2012
vs. Randy Orton (3 stars) Extreme Rules 2012

I hope this Kane info has been useful.

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 8, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This little dweeb named Daniel Bryan just keeps beating him over and over. I WANT MONSTER KANE TO DESTROY PEOPLE AND BECOME CHAMPION!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't enjoy watching Kane wrestle matches or generally being on TV.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Kane has faced everyone just about everyone who's been on the WWE roster for the past 15 years, and I can't think of a single great, memorable match one-on-one match he has had. Maybe Taker vs Kane at WM 14, but only because he got to kick out of the tombstone twice. Kane's not necessarily a bad wrestler, but he's certainly not a good one.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

How on earth did Test vs. Kane get three stars

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I was there live for that 2012 ELimination Chamber ambulance match vs. John Cena and I thought that match was terrible.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
kane

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't mean to be telling tales out of school but I've heard that this Kane guy is not good

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

kane rules. so you all can Stfu. before you get chokeslammed to hell!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twostes:

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I actually think Kane is a cool character and he can at times be a decent big man worker.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Landstander posted:

BEST SINGLES MATCHES (per the highly subjective and arguable Meltzer star ratings; every singles match with 3+ stars listed)
vs. John Cena (3 stars) Elimination Chamber 2012
vs. Randy Orton (3 stars) Extreme Rules 2012

I hope this Kane info has been useful.

The Cena match was godawful and I don't even remember that Orton feud happening. And those are in his top 10. Kane's longevity is incredible for how loving bad he is in ring.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

lizzyinthesky posted:

A guy I know is friends with these lady twin directors who made a movie with Kane.

Thank you for reading my Kane anecdote remember to like subscribe upvote on reddit and +1.

Oh god, the Soskas are directing See No Evil 2?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Remember when Kane had two masks for a while?

He wore a mask over a mask that's how you can tell when a man means business about his chokeslamming endeavors

lizzyinthesky posted:

Tell the guy you know to tell his friends that a dude on the internet feels like the premise of American Mary could probably support a series on HBO or something for at least a couple seasons

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vrY0vMUts4

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

yea ok posted:

not a fan of the man personally
why

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Bah Gawuhd

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Through hellfire and brimstone :bahgawd:

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

MAY 9-9-19TH

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 8, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like Kane. He was pretty good back in the day.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

I love the gimmick, I love his music, I love his pyro, I love his gear and I love his signature/finishing moves and that's enough for me

Sometimes you gotta love

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Kane is great. Krazy Korporate Kane is really dumb, please bring back Team Hell No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRficYHMpxU&t=208s

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I love those charts, doubly so since they don't include stuff like AJ falling in love with him, or the anger management therapy, or Team Hell No, or feuding with Wyatts getting kidnapped and then returning as a corporate lackey for no explained reason.

Kane's initial monster run was awesome and he's an character/entity that could only exist in pro wrestling, that's why I'll never dislike him despite a lot of his matches/feuds being bleh.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Kane is like the Undertaker. He's a throwback to the old days. He's not a great wrestler but his whole persona is so good that no one really cares.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Peanut President posted:

Kane is great. Krazy Korporate Kane is really dumb, please bring back Team Hell No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRficYHMpxU&t=208s

Lookit this dummy. More Korporate Kane is what we need! I want him to give a Powerpoint prsentation about how he'll defeat his opponent, preferably with graphs and a 3D pie chart.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

That would be neat but right now he's just some guy in a suit who attacks the staff when they don't meet quota.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZR0gcYG-8

Glenn Jacobs doing shoot-style matwork in Japan. Note the mullet.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I remember years ago at a house show, Kane chokeslammed the Big Show and we were like HOLY poo poo. Then later he did it on TV and me and my pals were like, "Heh we saw that first :smug:"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Tonfa posted:

The Cena match was godawful and I don't even remember that Orton feud happening. And those are in his top 10. Kane's longevity is incredible for how loving bad he is in ring.

Kane holds the distinction of having the most 2 star matches in wrestling history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Peanut President posted:

That would be neat but right now he's just some guy in a suit who attacks the staff when they don't meet quota.

No, he's a fire demon in a suit who attacks the staff when they don't meet quota. And that's hilarious.

• Locked thread