Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The fact that you didn't post this thread on May 19th is shameful.

I love Kane, I am a Kainenite, Kane is basically the Christopher Walken of wrestling - always game for whatever, never turns down a script, occasionally passable but lately a parody of himself, was awesome when he first started.

He's also the source of like 90% of the in-jokes in wrestling (like MYSTERY OPPONENT) and is just really fun.

Dude is also soft as a pillow and a good hand, and his work in Team Hell No is easily the best of his career. He's basically a comedy monster heel (as opposed to "3MB, comedy jobbers" or "Brock Lesnar, actual monster")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Tharizdun posted:

The fact that you didn't post this thread on May 19th is shameful.
Pft look at this hack jabroni :rolleyes:

Big Daddy Kane is when Kane and Big Daddy V fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkQ8Yr55AfU

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
This fucker killed CM Punk. :mad:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
KaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAANE?!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mostly his matches and promos and things like that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Landstander posted:

KANE STATS

BEST SINGLES MATCHES (per the highly subjective and arguable Meltzer star ratings; every singles match with 3+ stars listed)
vs. Chris Benoit (3.5 stars) Bad Blood 2004
vs. Steve Austin (3.25 stars) King of the Ring 1998
vs. Shane McMahon (3.25 stars) Unforigven 2003
vs. Shawn Michaels (3.25 stars) Unforgiven 2004
vs. Mankind (3 stars) Survivor Series 1997
vs. Test (3 stars) No Mercy 2001
vs. John Cena (3 stars) Elimination Chamber 2012
vs. Randy Orton (3 stars) Extreme Rules 2012

What about Non Singles Matches? Not Counting Royal Rumbles.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

KungFu Grip posted:

Arrange whatever Team Hell No & Some random jabroni vs. The Shield matches you want in whatever order.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

KungFu Grip posted:

he was in the very first Money in the Bank match, which is pretty great

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Dorian Kane

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

you have to at least respect him for being around for so long, not hurting anyone, being decent, being respected by most wrestlers and being almost as old as the undertaker but in much better shape

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Didn't Kane also wrestle with a severely injured back for most of his Smackdown run when he was super out of shape?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

KungFu Grip posted:

I was looking through this as a source: http://profightdb.com/wrestler-star-ratings/kane-197.html
I believe it has everything but I'm not sure :ohdear:

There's multi-mans and tag matches which are rated better, I just wanted a read of his singles stuff. His highest rated anything matches are tied at 4.5 stars:
The Shield vs. Team Hell No & Ryback (TLC 2012)
Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian - Money in the Bank (WrestleMania 21)
Chris Jericho/Undertaker/Kane/Big Show/The Rock vs. Steve Austin/Shane McMahon/RVD/Booker T/Kurt Angle - Survivor Series 2001 (this was The Alliance vs. Team WWF)

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

The Landstander posted:

I was looking through this as a source: http://profightdb.com/wrestler-star-ratings/kane-197.html
I believe it has everything but I'm not sure :ohdear:

There's multi-mans and tag matches which are rated better, I just wanted a read of his singles stuff. His highest rated anything matches are tied at 4.5 stars:
The Shield vs. Team Hell No & Ryback (TLC 2012)
Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian - Money in the Bank (WrestleMania 21)
Chris Jericho/Undertaker/Kane/Big Show/The Rock vs. Steve Austin/Shane McMahon/RVD/Booker T/Kurt Angle - Survivor Series 2001 (this was The Alliance vs. Team WWF)

Obviously Kane wasn't the star worker in any of these, but in the third one he's barely in it at all. I recall the first 6 eliminations being rapid fire until they got down to a 2 v 2 of the 4 guys in the title matches at the next PPV. Also, it's not that great a match.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I like Kane.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Kane is p. cool sometimes. I like when he chokeslams that beard guy.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Kane is a pretty great villain.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kane had a couple really awesome matches with Albert. Here's one of them. Unfortunately, I can't find the rematch, where Kane hits a hurricanrana.

Here's Kane having a cool match with Kurt Angle. Despite wearing a mask, Kane sells the ankle lock like a loving champ.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

omgomgomg posted:

you have to at least respect him for being around for so long, not hurting anyone, being decent, being respected by most wrestlers and being almost as old as the undertaker but in much better shape

I'll respect him when he spends 20 years doing over the top rope planchas.

Nah I like Kane.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
And Kane looks like he's spending now until retirement just putting over those on the rise. Works for me.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

We should update the Kane story flowchart imo

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Kane can be pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40hmzeYajrs
(Start at around 14:50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWj_1tYI2Ug

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Kane speaking with the vocoder was the first thing I saw when I started watching wrestling. Without any other context at the time, I think I just assumed he was supposed to be a robot.

Good times.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Two things I like about Kane is that Kane is his own alignment, and Kane is always the "mystery opponent."

Unless Undertaker is active, and Teddy Long is a GM. Then it's 50/50.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
:bahgawd: BAH GAWD IT'S

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
kane is super smelly

http://youtu.be/XQJD4536huQ?t=4m

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Was Kane freaking out about dwarves a thing before this?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

when is the last time kane tombstoned anybody

also kane looking like a middle manager and still having his pyto entrance owns

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sprecherscrow posted:

Was Kane freaking out about dwarves a thing before this?

Not really. It was more a callback to Bryan having Hornswoggle dress up as a bear to prove that he could defeat one in a wrestling match. Upon seeing him, Bryan screamed, "A BEAR!" and kicked him in the balls.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Not a huge Kane fan, but I still hope he turns up to wreck dudes in the Rumble every year til the end of time

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Paradise is Kane chokeslamming CM Punk through tables forever.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Hjb3zfSUI

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k3jJMyRPNak#t=65

A DWARF!?

Kicks dwarf.

Best Kane moment.

But I feel the Miz has him beat. The Miz shot that dwarf in the dick with a t-shirt gun. Miz wins.

That's essentially the only reason I watch WWE. The abuse of little people keeps my teeth white.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Kane was instrumental in what was, for my money, the best Royal Rumble, and who knows where The Undertaker's character and career would have gone if he hadn't have turned up.
No, Kane has never put on a 5* mat wrestling instant classic. But then, no guy his size ever has (yes, I'm aware someone could sperge and name someone obscure, but nobody immediately leaps to mind). In the field of guys who play the "oh poo poo it's that huge fucker who throws people around" character, Kane is far beyond the average. And yes, he's never been the cause of any notable injuries or particularly heinous botches.
The worst thing I think can be levelled at Kane is his participation in some truly awful angles and even then you have to give most of the credit to the guys writing and directing. I highly doubt Glenn Jacobs walked into a creative meeting one morning and said "hey guys, jackpot idea: how about I bang Lita? Yeah? Okay, great."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kane Dewey

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

pressedbunny posted:

Kane was instrumental in what was, for my money, the best Royal Rumble, and who knows where The Undertaker's character and career would have gone if he hadn't have turned up.
No, Kane has never put on a 5* mat wrestling instant classic. But then, no guy his size ever has (yes, I'm aware someone could sperge and name someone obscure, but nobody immediately leaps to mind).
Undertaker
Wrestling Observer Newsletter

5 Star Match (1997) vs. Shawn Michaels in a Hell in a Cell at Badd Blood.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm a Kanenite

He was my favorite wrestler when I was a little kid and watched Wrestling, and then when I came back, the first major angle I saw him as a part of was the feud with Punk and Bryan so I missed a lot of the worst of him apparently.

Also when I looked him up to remember, this was the first thing I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHpd1jBWuH0

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

I remember the time he electrocuted Shane McMahon's testicles with a car battery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
http://youtu.be/RjHpnoCag-g

Kane never had a 5 star match, huh?

(JR losing his mind makes the match)

• Locked thread