Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Kane was instrumental in what was, for my money, the best Royal Rumble, and who knows where The Undertaker's character and career would have gone if he hadn't have turned up.
No, Kane has never put on a 5* mat wrestling instant classic. But then, no guy his size ever has (yes, I'm aware someone could sperge and name someone obscure, but nobody immediately leaps to mind). In the field of guys who play the "oh poo poo it's that huge fucker who throws people around" character, Kane is far beyond the average. And yes, he's never been the cause of any notable injuries or particularly heinous botches.
The worst thing I think can be levelled at Kane is his participation in some truly awful angles and even then you have to give most of the credit to the guys writing and directing. I highly doubt Glenn Jacobs walked into a creative meeting one morning and said "hey guys, jackpot idea: how about I bang Lita? Yeah? Okay, great."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Bigass Moth posted:

Undertaker
Wrestling Observer Newsletter

5 Star Match (1997) vs. Shawn Michaels in a Hell in a Cell at Badd Blood.
Should have seen that coming. Though I, for no particular reason, never really think of Undertaker as being the same kind of huge monster big guy like Kane is. I know he's for all intents and purposes the same size, but I've always placed Undertaker more with the Triple H/Batista/Lesnar kind of big guy rather than the Kane/Big Show/Nash type. Maybe because he can actually run.

• Locked thread