Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kane had a couple really awesome matches with Albert. Here's one of them. Unfortunately, I can't find the rematch, where Kane hits a hurricanrana.

Here's Kane having a cool match with Kurt Angle. Despite wearing a mask, Kane sells the ankle lock like a loving champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sprecherscrow posted:

Was Kane freaking out about dwarves a thing before this?

Not really. It was more a callback to Bryan having Hornswoggle dress up as a bear to prove that he could defeat one in a wrestling match. Upon seeing him, Bryan screamed, "A BEAR!" and kicked him in the balls.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Tharizdun posted:

I knew before I clicked this would be the Kane/Show chain wrestling match.

I really, really want to know the story behind this. Did Vince decide for a second that everyone should wrestle like Eddie Guerrero, change his mind 15 minutes later but the agent for this match didn't get the revision? Or did Kane and Show decide to go crazy? The way they smile at each other halfway through makes me think they *know* they can't actually wrestle the match they're trying to have, and give exactly 0 shits about it.

I saw it as part of the story. The whole thing was that Kane was going crazy from May 19th and his tag partner/best friend Big Show was all, "Come on, buddy. Chill out." They were forced into that match and Big Show did the mat wrestling as a way to keep it friendly and fun with Kane rather than turn it into a blood feud.

That was a fun tag team. Probably their finest moment was when they were feuding with I think Cade and Murdock. Kane was attacked by both of them, shoved into a room and they put something over the door. Maybe they parked a vehicle, I forget. Big Show ran over and tried his hardest to slowly push the thing out of the way while dramatically screaming to Kane that he'd save him. Then Kane walks out into the hallway and sees Big Show straining to move the obstacle.

"What are you doing?"

"I... how did you get out of there?!"

"There was another door in that room."

"Another door?! GOD those guys are idiots!"

"Yeah."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

laz0rbeak posted:

"Classic" Kane is really one of the crowning achievements of :russo: in WWF. If you go back and watch Kane's babyface run in '99, it's crazy how over they got him in such a short period of time. In early '97 he was still going around pretending to be Diesel on house shows.

I believe Cornette took credit for the initial Kane angle. Russo didn't seem to care about it, so he was hands off.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Before they went with the obvious thing that Kane was the one who put Undertaker in a coma, he did rock that amazing promo where he eulogized Undertaker and swore he'd get revenge.

"My brother will rise from the dead no more. Gone is the Undertaker. But soon enough, those responsible for this ATROCITY will too be gone. They will be committed to the depths of Hell, to a torturous existence that they cannot fathom. I will personally prosecute and persecute anyone who had anything to do with this tragedy. THERE! WILL! BE! VENGEANCE! THERE WILL BE VENGEANCE, COLD, CUNNING, CRUEL! THERE WILL VENGEANCE NEVER BEFORE SEEN OR FELT! VENGEANCE NEVER BEFORE IMAGINED! THERE WILL BE A VENGEANCE, SWIFT, DECISIVE AND TERRIBLE! YES! THERE! WILL! BE! VENGEANCE!"

• Locked thread