Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Mark this occasion - Vitor Belfort coming out against punches to the back of the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

Wanderlei apparently hurt his back getting double-legged into concrete and the fight is delayed. gently caress.

fatherdog posted:

wrestling: The best art for streetfights

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Kanthulhu posted:

When Chael was "promoting" his second fight with Anderson he damaged himself so much he's yet to fight in Brazil even though he was supposed to since the second Anderson fight. Did that help his career?

Several American fighters have noted that fighting in Brazil is a significant hit to their purses because of the local taxes, so yes, actually, it did.

Anyway, for what it's worth, Chael himself has said that he said mean things about Anderson and Wanderlei because he thinks they're assholes, which is why he didn't say anything mean about Rashad Evans, and why he said mean things about Jon Jones before TUF but not afterwards (because he said he found Jones much more pleasant to be around than his media image suggested). He still talked a ton to promote those fights, it was just all about how awesome he was rather than how lovely his opponents were.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Chael Sonnen posted:

Not only do I not need to be applauded, I like to be booed. I may be the only guy in sports that the louder they boo, the bigger the smile I'm going to have on my face. So you be the good guy, and I remain the heel. And I just couldn't get him to understand. And I kept trying to explain that, Wanderlei, when you have a mob mentality which is what he has, the more people he has standing behind him and the less I have with me, the bigger his courage grows. If you approach me 6-on-1, this is going to endear me to the audience because I look like a victim. And I don't want that. You go ahead and deal with the applause, and I'll go ahead and walk through the crowd that's throwing their beer and nachos on me. I like that. But he was too stupid to grasp the concept.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wanderlei posted:

Right on the first episode, he called me stupid. Not at any moment did I go down to his level.

[...]

I called him a motherf***er, but I don't speak English. I didn't really know what it means and I don't consider it a cuss word.

• Locked thread