Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

coyo7e posted:

Anybody hear about this before? http://iiicitadel.com/about.html

Literally trying to build a castle in Idaho to keep out the liberals and illegals.

Yeah, it has come up in some GBS thread in the past. Probably one of the ones about sovcits or seasteading or something.

I like this part:
http://iiicitadel.com/faq.html

quote:

Why Do You Think You Will Succeed Where Others Have Failed?

... We have the Patriot Agreement, a contract that clearly spells out our expectations of one another.

That is very sensible. I wonder what specific expectations they have? What does a patriot home owner's association look like? http://iiicitadel.com/patriotagreement.html

TL:DR You have to be good with guns. You have to be good with rifles. You have to be good with hand guns. You have to own a AR15 and 1000 bullets. Our school is gonna teach kids about guns. Whenever you go into the town center you need to bring a gun and carry it at all times. You have to pass a basic first aid course (in case we accidentally shoot each other with our guns). And you need to keep at least a 1 year supply of food and water in your house.

Yeah, sure, that's a great foundation for a community. Guns. Guns? GUNS GUNS GUNS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

gently caress californians

Wow, rude.

As I am more pacific and more northwest than y'all, I hereby declare northern california part of the pacific northwest. :smug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

coyo7e posted:

There is a not-insignificant number of people who say they will vote for Trump, but also say he's unfit to be given control of the US nuclear weapon stockpile. Just chew on that for a bit.

That's easy: they think Hillary is worse. There are people who will vote Trump to stop Hillary, and people who will vote Hillary to stop Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7XXSt9XRM&t=43s

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mrit posted:

Hmm... Not quite passive-aggressive enough.

"Just wanted to say I am glad this business moved into town, I thought my rent was far too cheap. "

It probably was too cheap if you can get a palace like this for $675. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/roo/5775294714.html

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, it looks like the judge ruled against cowboy cosplay after all.

A pink shirt?

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/ammon_bundy_testifies_saying_h.html#incart_big-photo

quote:

Ammon Bundy says he tried to resist father's push to rally around Oregon ranchers

Ammon Bundy carried a worn Bible to the witness stand Tuesday and portrayed himself as a weak underdog pitted against a powerful federal government that has tried to crush his family.

Asked where he lived, Bundy said, "At the Multnomah County jail ... just across the street. I've been there eight and a half months.''

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chenghiz posted:

full communism

I love how the anti-measure 97 campaign is calling it a "regressive" tax because apparently they think people hear that word and think "oh that's a bad thing" without thinking any harder about what the gently caress it means.

Also, it's nice of Comcast to be the 5th highest donor to the against campaign just so you know which way to vote.

I mean it could be a bit regressive. It disproportionately affects low-margin high-volume business, who may need to raise their prices to compensate. Supermarkets are a low-margin high-volume business. Higher prices on basic groceries hurt the poor more than the rich. Poor people hardly ever shop at the high-margin, low-volume businesses that are least impacted by the tax.

If you tilt your head and squint a bit it could kinda look a bit regressive.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

anthonypants posted:

I checked my comcast mailbox and I didn't get a bar graph because apparently my average is 1125GB :toot:

e:

So you're the guy clogging up all the tubes! :argh:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

got any sevens posted:

Good thing I can't afford a home anyway :smaug:

If you rent the landlord just passes the expense on to you. If you are a hobo, well, grats on finding the hole in the system.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Whoops, wrong thread.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 13, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

In Victoria BC they had a lot of homeless in a relatively small park right next to the (courthouse?), occupying the thing 100%, they couldn't legally kick them out because it was provincial land. They built some housing for the homeless there and got them all to move into it, then more homeless moved in, so they built yet more housing and closed the park totally.

Maybe we can solve both our transit and homeless problems at the same time with Homeless Trains.

One problem with the permanent camps was that after a while nogoodniks* started moving in. People who maybe had a place indoors to sleep, but gently caress you dad I'm not listening to your rules. It went from the merely homeless, who had no other options and were pretty happy to have a place with porta potties, to really unpleasant people.

*Nogoodniks still has no racial connotations, right? It's not dog whistle racism or anything, they were mostly white people.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hmm, yes, okay.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RuanGacho posted:

I'm obviously glad it's minimal damage and human hardship I just get a little concerned when long term it could affect response funding. They were saying it was going to be "like 2006" and he'll if I can remember that being significant.

Do we have any ideas why the models said Kaiju crash and turned out to be spitting rain? Extra man hours were burned to prepare for this event.

Yes. The track of the storm ended up 30 km west of where it was predicted, so the worst bit didn't hit the mainland where expected. The storm itself was slightly less severe than predicted as well. Together that meant that places that had been predicted to be hardest hit got nothing remarkable, because they ended up just being nicked by the edge of the storm.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/strong-october-storms-ahead-for-bc-south-coast/72975/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RuanGacho posted:

Thanks for the answers all, I appreciate it.

Now I kind of remember the 2006 outage in that context but I guess I didn't really care at the time because work was closed and we spent the whole time sitting around sleeping in the dark at home.

The good old days.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrandorKP posted:

Truck driving is a pretty poo poo life in many ways. The pay fluctuates a lot for the independent longhaul guys too. Turn over for companies guys is like 300%. Industry wants this particular tech kit bad. They also want drayage automated. That one is harder for all the reasons those on the pessimistic side lay out against automation in general. But I think it's a conceptual mistake to conflate the drayage portion of the trip with the highway portion. They are separate problems.

Wouldn't a better solution for the long haul portion be rails? A handful of guys can crew a train that handles a hundred trucks worth of freight.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

why do people comment on things they clearly have no knowledge of??

It's a discussion board, not a peer reviewed journal.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Honestly I have no idea what he's making right now. I know from his rants that he makes above the current minimum wage largely thanks to tips.

Tangentially related a bartender friend of mine is also against the min wage hike because she thinks that patrons are less likely to tip her if they think she makes more than $10 an hour.

If a bartender can't get drunks to tip, that's a shameful bartender.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Had a copy of this show up in my facebook feed today:

Not sure how NV made it in there. Honestly I'm not sure if California could fit in either, blue voters or not.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

glowing-fish posted:

What about a bathroom?
That would be a bigger issue for me than a kitchen.

Chamber pot?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Lol at liberal guy trying to prove he is smart with bad statistics

Education doesn't prove intelligence though. I mean, complete morons don't get degrees, but plenty of people with average intelligence do. And plenty of people with above average intelligence never go to university.

I remember way back in the 80s one of my aunts saying everybody should avoid secular universities because all they are good for is liberal indoctrination. And look, she was right, people who go to secular universities get indoctrinated and end up voting liberal! Just look at the chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kilroy posted:

Why do we have two of these threads what the gently caress is going on.

You're making the PNW look bad to the rest of the forums :mad:

Do the rest of the forums know about this thread? :ohdear:

• Locked thread