Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
:ducksiren:Hey guys, for those of you who watched the new video today, we are going to be doing our big L4D2 Vs. match with anyone we can find.:ducksiren:
:pcgaming:So, go join the Steam group, get your microphone and a copy of L4D2 and PREPARE FOR GLORY!:pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Before I popped in to check my in-game settings, I think my last played said something like 2011, so if I make it in I hope nobody expects...well much of anything from me except glorious deaths.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Make sure you join the Steam group for info!

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:New Video Day!:ducksiren::siren:
Episode 40: Dead Getaway (Part 1)
Episode 40: Dead Getaway (Part 2)

Hey guys, some times I feel like I've got to, UHN UHN, get away. And tonight is one of those times.

ALSO:
TONIGHT IS THE L4D2 VS. Match!
Please join the Steam group and, around 8 P.M. CST, send me a message on Steam and I will send an invite to the game lobby!

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
Well I think that went better than I could have hoped.

If my voice chat had worked first time round, I would have let you now about the time when the batteries in my keyboard ran out halfway through a level.

Quaternion Cat fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 13, 2014

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah it was quite fun. We got some great shows of teamwork as infected and some great shows of anti-teamwork as survivors. Business as usual. Looking forward to seeing the other side of the exchange in the videos.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Hey, big thanks to everyone who made it out last night! We had a great time!
If you weren't able to make it out, have no fear, we will have more multiplayer shenanigans in the future, so keep your eyes peeled.
Enjoy this weeks video and look forward to next weeks special episode! :cheers:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Dooky Dingo posted:

:siren::ducksiren:New Video Day!:ducksiren::siren:
Episode 40: Dead Getaway (Part 1)
Episode 40: Dead Getaway (Part 2)

Hey guys, some times I feel like I've got to, UHN UHN, get away. And tonight is one of those times.

You're really spot on with the critique on that map. Dark areas make players uneasy, and having to go through a lot of them will tire you out quickly. In L4D the darkness is directly punishing you since you can't see any zombies that aren't directly in front of you. Valves maps even use darkness to show you that you're not supposed to go that way, so having the way forward being pitch black will confuse players even more. There were a lot of opportunities to have interesting lighting contrasts, especially with all the emergency lighting in the military complex, and with the natural light when you come outside.

The campaign had some nice brushwork though, but the texturing made it seem really bland. Just the same gray seamless metal floor and gray wall panels in the whole level.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:
Episode 41: MULTIPLAYER EXTRAVAGANZA!

Guys, we have something really special for all of you today.
For those of you who missed it, we recently had a L4D2 Vs. match with several people from the threads and it was great.
Here is the footage from those games, stitched together lovingly by Jotsam and sprinkled with not a small amount of magic from the LP fairy.

Merry Christmas, goons.
You're all fantastic. :cheers:

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
I see you had to work around a lot of my audio, sorry that my mike was so bad. It was a lot of fun to play with you guys, though, and I'm enjoying seeing the secrets of Team A.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Darn. Thinking back on it we should have called it team Badass instead of B. Oh well. But yeah this was pretty fun once I got the voice chat to work properly. Fun talks and argh! moments. Also PRESENTS.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Man I wish I could've played with you guys but unfortunately I live in Australia so I can't really play FPS's with anyone outside my city. :P

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

This... explains a lot.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:BONUS VIDEO!:ducksiren::siren:
Episode 42: All-Talk Christmas Special

What? Did you think that was it?
HO HO HO, no, my sweet summer children. We recorded a SECOND VS. mode, one with ALL of us talking together!
And this time, Mast actually gets to TALK! :woop:

Merry Christmas, Goons! I hope you enjoyed the ride.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I like how we didn't even vocally say such initially but for the almost the whole second game we basically avoided Mastig and went for Kreslev and Jotsam. (With exceptions when Mastig would go to pick them up..... and the computer who we couldn't control.) But it was a lot of fun. Especially getting to hear the lamentations of our victims. :ocelot::mmmhmm:

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
That was great!

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
:siren::frogsiren:BONUS VIDEO!:frogsiren::siren:
Episode ?: The Lost Tapes

Hey guys, guess what! One night Dingo gave me a copy of a secret take of an LP Grizzled Beagle decided to scrap. Once considered to be lost, I have now put up this episode on behalf of Grizzled Beagle and us, the fans. So it's time for another bonus Christmas episode! :getin:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Consider that my resume for making filler episodes. :smugbert:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm so sad that I couldn't make it to versus. Unfortunately I work Friday evenings and couldn't manage to get the evening off :(

I did enjoy the drama around all the presents that were dropped out of bounds or in spots where they couldn't be reached.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
So funny story, 8:14 in the video, I think it's Dingo that asks if somebody was eating or chewing something, I actually stopped eating my lunch for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Well, that's it, everyone.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the thread, you guys are awesome!
Special shout-out to Rectus, who is an awesome developer and I hope you never quit. :cheers:

We may do more L4D2 stuff later, including steam group stuff, but I'm going to let this thread die peacefully.
Dark Souls will still be going, for those who aren't following that series, and we are actually back to doing Dark Souls! Hooray!

last, but certainly not least, THE NEW BORDERLANDS 2 THREAD IS UP!

So, once again, thank you everyone for making my first LP a success, and I hope you stay tuned for more!

• Locked thread