Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bleed em dry Alex. You're a superstar. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

waah posted:

Well he has as many playoff wins as Matty Ice and :romo:. And he has more wins than Doug Flutie, Trent Green, Andy Dalton and YA Tittle, by the transitive property he should be getting paid as much as if not more than all of them.

Yeah but this logic TJ Yates is worth more than Newton.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Dang, Russell Wilson's gonna be upgrading to Mark Sanchez money.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/1/12/5302460/alex-smith-is-the-nfls-active-post-season-passer-rating-leader

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Coldforge posted:

It's not split out from the salary cap. It's just a specific spending limit within the salary cap.

It's not new (it's been around since the 2011 CBA, at the very least). It's just a way to entice specific UDFAs to come to your team versus any other, and a way to mitigate the cost factors involved with coming to training camp. bonuses between $500 and $1,000 are very common in the NFL for UDFAs. And for almost all UDFAs that's not chump change. If they don't make the roster they're at least compensated somewhat.

If they do make the roster and outperform their contracts, there's a pool of performance incentive money that they can be paid at the end of the season.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BlindSite posted:

And you are telling me he isn't? All that matters is wins, championships, and intangibles. Also see Tebow, Tim as more valuable than Cam. There is a reason Cam was Tebow's backup. :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Russell Wilson is statistically about as good as Mark Sanchez. :shepicide:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

He has a lot of people to thank for that one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

The Indy defense, chiefly, but also Andy Luck for lolslinging that bunch into the playoffs. (Pun not intended.)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Colts had two of the more hilarious defensive outings of recent playoff memory in January.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

oh andy :allears:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

Not really. That's pure Alex Smith right there. It's incredible how he's played in the playoffs. He's also 5th, and above Peyton in yards per playoff game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_per_g_active_playoffs.htm

While being 26th among active regular season QB's in passing yards per game, where he averages 100 yards less than he does in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_per_g_active.htm

He's hilarious.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Alex Smith post-2011 is an interesting player to look at. He can come through huge like the NOLA/SF game in the 2011 playoffs (he had a 20+ yard rushing TD in the 4th in addition to the TD pass to Davis) or have a big game like in the Indy game last year.

Then in the regular season he'll fart around and get like 12 sacks in 3 games because he's just sorta standing there while the pocket collapses over and over. Also he'll average throwing like 13/19 for like 15 yards in those games because CAPTAIN CHECK DOWN.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I dunno, as soon as the KC defense died at some point midseason, it seemed like Alex "Tiny Hands in Mine" Smith really stepped it up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nawid posted:

I dunno, as soon as the KC defense died at some point midseason, it seemed like Alex "Tiny Hands in Mine" Smith really stepped it up.

Until he quarterbacks 2 winning superbowl runs in a row, parm will hate him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

A champion offense so boring it would make Russell Wilson blush.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Alex Smith is the undisputed master of scurrying out of bounds for a 5 yard gain over and over again, I don't think there is a QB better than him at that

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Keeps getting 1st downs.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

A champion offense so boring it would make Russell Wilson blush.

The Seahawks definitely aren't an offensive powerhouse, but calling Russell Wilson boring* is just offensively incorrect.

Of course now I can't find the Youtube videos of Russell juking Bradshaw five times in one play or him completing a pass with his knee an inch off the ground. :sigh:

*on the field

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

The Seahawks definitely aren't an offensive powerhouse, but calling Russell Wilson boring* is just offensively incorrect.

Of course now I can't find the Youtube videos of Russell juking Bradshaw five times in one play or him completing a pass with his knee an inch off the ground. :sigh:

*on the field

That poo poo is really rare tho. Outside of the super bowl, their offense was really generic and more about playing field position than outright scoring points.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

So I will hate him eternally then.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

So I will hate him eternally then.

How about if Alex Smith and the Chiefs win the superbowl, you have to have write a post praising him for every post you've ever written hating him?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

No Butt Stuff posted:

How about if Alex Smith and the Chiefs win the superbowl, you have to have write a post praising him for every post you've ever written hating him?

He has to write an Alex Smith/Parmesan Basil slashfic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Alex Smith wins a Super Bowl while on the Chiefs, I genuinely think Parmesan Basil will make one last post as a farewell and leave. And a small part of me doesn't want that, and it's very conflicting.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sweeney Tom posted:

If Alex Smith wins a Super Bowl while on the Chiefs, I genuinely think Parmesan Basil will make one last post as a farewell and leave. And a small part of me doesn't want that, and it's very conflicting.

No he'd keep posting but saying that ~25 starting QBs in the NFL would've won the Super Bowl by a bigger margin.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

That poo poo is really rare tho. Outside of the super bowl, their offense was really generic and more about playing field position than outright scoring points.

Russell being ridiculous is not a rare thing though.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Chichevache posted:

Russell being ridiculous is not a rare thing though.

Truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzpqeDKfwKk

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

"It's got one note, which helps me stay on top of my to-do list, which has been absolutely absuuuuuuuurd since the big game"

pre:
DangeRussWilson's To Do List:
  • Win Superbowl
  • Buy a Surface
  • Divorce Wife
  • Kill Golden Tate

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

You wanna go through and count all my Smith posts?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Parmesan Basil posted:

You wanna go through and count all my Smith posts?

Post Count 11725.
Post Rate 5.75 per day.

That sounds about right.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Coldforge posted:

Post Count 11725.
Post Rate 5.75 per day.

That sounds about right.

That's all GDT posts, too.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cowboys pick up Amobi Okeye. Any chance Ron Marinelli can turn his career around?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350787/article/dallas-cowboys-amobi-okoye-strike-contract

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

John Brown posted:

Cowboys pick up Amobi Okeye. Any chance Ron Marinelli can turn his career around?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350787/article/dallas-cowboys-amobi-okoye-strike-contract

Holy poo poo that's a name I hadn't thought about in awhile.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's still only 26 :stare:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Not sure if this is really free agency news (or news at all), but:

Daryl Richardson claimed by the Jets (Rams waived)
Matt Scott claimed by the Bengals (Jaguars waived)

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

John Brown posted:

Probably not, but this'll be his second try. Okoye and Marinelli were on the Bears in 2011 and he was not good

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

GNU Order posted:

Probably not, but this'll be his second try. Okoye and Marinelli were on the Bears in 2011 and he was not good

Was there some kind of mystery injury situation? It looks like Marinelli is behind this so apparently he thinks it's worth taking a flier on the guy :shrug:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Rasczak posted:

Was there some kind of mystery injury situation? It looks like Marinelli is behind this so apparently he thinks it's worth taking a flier on the guy :shrug:

I'd say he's worth taking a flier on if you need the depth. He was never so bad that I called for his head but I didn't shed any tears when he left.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

GNU Order posted:

I'd say he's worth taking a flier on if you need the depth. He was never so bad that I called for his head but I didn't shed any tears when he left.

Ok well Dallas definitely needs depth at DT pretty much everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Rasczak posted:

Ok well Dallas definitely needs depth at DT pretty much everywhere

Yeah, he's a depth guy at this point. He'll rotate in when Melton needs a breather, that's about it. On the other hand, Demarcus Lawrence has a chance to be pretty nasty playing for Marinelli, and we already know what he did for Melton and Anthony Spencer.

• Locked thread