Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
One of the Raiders beat writers DM'd me a list of players he heard/thinks the Raiders will target

quote:

Jacoby Jones, Vlad Ducasse, John Jerry, Mike Neal, Capt. Munnerlyn, Malcolm Jenkins, Chris Cleamons

what a loving uninspired lot

edit: the worst part is all of these players are instant upgrades tbh

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

One of the Raiders beat writers DM'd me a list of players he heard/thinks the Raiders will target

Which Chris Clemons? If it is the Seattle DE he is still pretty good and probably has a couple of years left. Obviously he isn't the big FA everyone wants, but he is absolutely worth having.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Blitz7x posted:

Watch out AFC West!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Which Chris Clemons? If it is the Seattle DE he is still pretty good and probably has a couple of years left. Obviously he isn't the big FA everyone wants, but he is absolutely worth having.

I'm assuming the less useful one

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't want any players with less then a 80 on metacritic

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Blitz7x posted:

:stare: Letting Lamarr Houston walk for Mike Neal? Jesus Christ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli you should use your new superpowers to close the other thread :v:

Blitz7x posted:

Excuse me that's former special teams player of the year and Superbowl champion Jacoby Jones

bondster
May 6, 2007

Owen Daniels got released. Saw it coming but I'm going to miss OD :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bondster posted:

Owen Daniels got released. Saw it coming but I'm going to miss OD :smith:

Aw :( Part of me wonders if his interview about how he believes he's earned the right to finish out his contract contributed to this. $4.5m in created cap space, but also a hole created in my heart. Guess we'd better sign Graham now

e: this is especially sad because he had offered to restructure in order to stay on the Texans

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 11, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh this is great, the link in that tweet goes here, where Prisco and Kirwin have assigned grades to every free agent:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/free-agents/position

This is so perfect

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Oh this is great, the link in that tweet goes here, where Prisco and Kirwin have assigned grades to every free agent:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/free-agents/position

This is so perfect

Vontae Davis is ranked #8 :stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
It's getting all Madden up in here!

DRC is #23...isn't he retired?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

RIP Michael Johnson, though it hurts a lot less considering we knew it was coming I suppose

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Blitz7x posted:

edit: the worst part is all of these players are instant upgrades tbh

That roster is good enough to go 5-11!

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Shath Hole posted:

NFL.com's Mike Silver reports a "battle is shaping up" between the Giants and Rams for free agent G/T Geoff Schwartz.
Both teams have extreme needs along their offensive lines, particularly in the interior. That's where Schwartz is best utilized. Schwartz can play both guard spots and right tackle.

I'd really like to see the Seahawks throw their name in the hat for Geoff Schwartz. For all their strengths, the O-line is mediocre on a good day. They need to come out of FA with a new starting guard and RT.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

This is the fun time of year while Giants fans watch all the big names fly by while the rank 25-50 guys trickle in for 1 mil a year over the course of the next few weeks.

Oh, and then we'll re-sign some dude and give him a hilarious contract for no reason

I bet you said during the 2011 Eagles Spending Spree and, uh, :suicide:

Giants will be fine

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DOOP posted:

Giants will be fine

I think the tweet phrase of the day amongst the sensible boring crowd is "activity does not equal achievement".

But this afternoon is the time to dream of superbowls and freak out about every opportunity that has slipped away.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Matt Schaub is still on the Texans. If Schaub is the starter next season so they can draft Clowney I'm going to be very cross with you bhsman

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

quote:

‏@AdamSchefter 14m

From @Edwerderesp:n DeMarcus Ware has requested Cowboys decide future before free agency today at 4 ET. Unsure of Cowboys response.

Ware is calling the Cowboys out.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Joique Bell 2 year extension, thank Christ.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
wouldnt mind having brandon meyers back if the raiders can turn a net profit on the sale and buyback

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

quote:

CSNNE.com ‏@CSNNE 35m
Those close to Aqib Talib are surprised. Why? He has no standing offers just yet. http://ow.ly/utno1 #PatriotsTalk @MikeGiardi

It's almost like people don't want a scumbag with a mile long rap sheet and injury history on their team!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DOOP posted:

Giants will be fine

I was dismissing that season as a won championship for the Eagles. They signed a bunch of great free agents that year that all pretty much busted and made the funniest Eagles team of all time.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
I'm hyped for 4PM. Why am I hyped.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

E_Motion posted:

I'm hyped for 4PM. Why am I hyped.

If you're anything like me, you're excited for your team's pro-bowlers to go somewhere they have a chance to win.

Also irrationally excited about potentially signing the 4th rated guard or a depth cornerback.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Man, Zimmer/Spielman must really like what they see in Everson Griffin if all Johnson got was literally an extra $1m.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Hm

quote:

Fallon Smith ‏@FallonSmithCSN 2m
League source: NY Giants have offered Rashad Jennings... he's waiting on Oakland to make their move now. #Raiders

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

superaielman posted:

:stare: Letting Lamarr Houston walk for Mike Neal? Jesus Christ

Product of the vaunted Packers system! Don't you know anything?

Also gently caress John Jerry that fat bastard.

He'll keep waiting forever for an offer that never comes.

Toymachine fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 11, 2014

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

quote:

@NFLDraftBites 3m

For months said id be shocked Eagles don't land Jairus Byrd. Now Redskins in drivers seat. Byrd's camp pushing price. Snyder won't be outbid

I for one can't wait to see this contract. Snyder will not be denied.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DupaDupa posted:

poo poo. Doubt Idzik will get in a bidding war with Snyder.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Toymachine posted:

Product of the vaunted Packers system! Don't you know anything?

Also gently caress John Jerry that fat bastard.

For what it's worth I think Neal would be much better as a 4-3 DE. He was fine as a strict pass rusher this last season, but was real bad at dropping into coverage and the like. I've made a bunch of jokes about the Raiders signing the Packers castoffs and welp, it seriously looks like that is all they are going to do in free agency.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

superaielman posted:

I've made a bunch of jokes about the Raiders signing the Packers castoffs and welp, it seriously looks like that is all they are going to do in free agency.

Can't wait till we sign John Kuhn for 5 years and cut Marcel Reese.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Boba Phat posted:

I'd really like to see the Seahawks throw their name in the hat for Geoff Schwartz. For all their strengths, the O-line is mediocre on a good day. They need to come out of FA with a new starting guard and RT.

We need a good guard so badly. Our tackles are acceptable.

DupaDupa posted:

Hahahaha the loving Redskins :shepicide:

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
I cant wait for Jarius Byrd to look awful next year when Washington's front 7 is completely unable to generate pressure.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

I've always liked Jennings. I loved the McKenzie hire when it happened but I thought the whole idea of last years team was short contracts and resigning the players that deserved it to build a team. Just letting everyone go, combined with things like the Tyler Wilson pick, equates a bad gm with a short lifespan.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DupaDupa posted:

I cant wait for Jarius Byrd to look awful next year when Washington's front 7 is completely unable to generate pressure.

It's not like the Bills front 7 was amazing last year. Mario Williams isn't the same guy and Kyle Williams was hurt. Byrd was still great.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Michael Johnson nooooooooooooo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Tyson Jackson news:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports free agent DE Tyson Jackson is drawing an "impressive amount of interest," with the Dolphins, Browns and Falcons among his potential suitors.
Per Rapsheet, the Chiefs also remain in play. The 2009 first-rounder had a career year under Andy Reid and DC Bob Sutton last season, logging 34 tackles and four sacks across 509 snaps while faring well against the run.

Apparently Atlanta is only interested in KC cast offs. We will take all your McClusters as well!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mcmagic posted:

It's not like the Bills front 7 was amazing last year. Mario Williams isn't the same guy and Kyle Williams was hurt. Byrd was still great.

FO has the Bills ranked 4th and Washington ranked 22nd. There is a pretty big difference between the surrounding casts of those teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chichevache posted:

FO has the Bills ranked 4th and Washington ranked 22nd. There is a pretty big difference between the surrounding casts of those teams.

I'm surprised the Bills were so high... I still think Byrd won't look awful in any system.

• Locked thread