Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

E:Nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Gonna buy a $100 watch that I don't need in the US that sells for $350 here to help finance my vacation :shepspends:

If you can buy something for x then sell it for 3.5x then you should probably buy at least 10

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

a battery powered fan(s) attached to blow air right at your face, and a small cooler with ice packs to put on your neck.

Maybe you could figure out a way to freeze a honeycomb shaped, liquid filled bag of some sort. Then have the fan blow air through the frozen honeycomb thing, cooling the air so you've got a nice cold breeze.

buy one of those race car suits that pumps ice cold water around your torso, cooling you down. maybe they make cheap versions of this? alternatively wrap yourself in fish-tank hose and pump ice water through it somehow.

you could freeze a giant sheet of ice and when you get hot put it on like some kind of reverse ice blanket.

If you use any of these ideas make sure to use as much duct tape as possible, and please post pics it will make me smile.

the fan alone would probably work fine though, depending on how much of a pussy you are

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Tell them 15k or your outta there. Also maybe try to play ball with the new job aswell? Who knows, you could start a bidding war

Even if they say no to the 15k, you can still accept the 10k. It would be stupid to not ask for more imo

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Just pretend you never got that 10k raise and save it all. I know a lot of people who get raises/promotions and immediately buy new cars or other quality of life improvements. If you're happy and comfortable with your situation I recommend not looking for ways to spend your new bump in income.

I'm sure you're smart and won't do anything dumb like this, but it's still worth noting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

tuyop posted:

So you guys are saying I shouldn't be angry about this?

id happily collect my unemployment and be quiet. That's really the best way to gently caress your employer no? its how it is where I live