Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Well she is 3ft tall and looks like a chew-toy

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can press the "Multi" button when you're making bedroom assignments, paint a huge rectangle over your living area, and it will designate separate bedrooms. Supposing you put a bed and a door in each portion-able room.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Make some statues out of expensive materials, or if you have spare artifacts try making a pedestal and putting them on display.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I can't figure out how to get dwarves to use blank writing material in the library. They'll only stockpile quires and won't touch scrolls at all unless they are set to be dumped (and fudging them into the a dump zone in library hasn't done anything either)

I've got bookcases and chests in the library, and the desired writing materials set to 999

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Did you assign scholars and librarians ?

Ah yes, I did, but I also had it set as the medical dwarf's office or something. Unclick that and now they work.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So far I've just been nuking the archery range zone when I want them to have good bolts on hand, and making a new one when I want to make some wood bolts and have them train.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

475 year old forgotten beast that was a blob of ash with two huge wings, and when a dwarf punched it, it turned into a pile of ash, and two huge wings.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

After going through an untold number of scholars, my library finally attracted a skilled doctor/diagnostician/surgeon into residency, and it turns out he's the husband of a dwarf already living in the fort. Just got to wait for him to ask for citizenship.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What does the lightbulb icon announcement mean?

Text was something like "[Dwarf name] has discovered the construction and use of the warded lock"

I don't see the named dwarf in the fort currently

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

jugs I think

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Crossbow non-lethality

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

'Tis the season.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Are they on ignore outside garbage?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can set your taverns, libraries and temples to exclude outsiders and you'll stop having so many people wander in.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The elves have brought a grown lignite pedestal. That would be a time consuming process.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's more like, "Well we dig a hole in the ground, throw some rotten kitchen scraps in there and cover it with a huge boulder. Then we let it sit for, ohhhh, say 30 or 40 million years."

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

This is "the lieutenant" who hangs around in my tavern, or aimlessly flies around

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

resistentialism posted:

This is "the lieutenant" who hangs around in my tavern, or aimlessly flies around

Oh no!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

do you have all kinds of cloth?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Justice screen.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I've got the same three kobold thieves coming in every year to get spooked off by a dog, at year 200.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

johnny park posted:

How do you build structures like this outside when you can't build stairs up into empty space?

crafted ramps, which you can remove later

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Is there some reason this doesn't work right?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ettin walking around trying to bash people over the head with this.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can farm effectively on any stone floor that you flood with a ton of water.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Arts and crafts anger management program for dwarf kindergarten military. Everyone with a helmet on gets a workshop.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

For some reason when a caged creature gets dumped into lava, the game records their cause of death as "Bled to death", but it does blame the dwarf that dumped them.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Can I make a stockpile for mechanisms? I'd like to dump all my less than masterwork ones for making better traps without tedious menu fuckery

Two stockpiles, both only furniture->mechanisms. One with only good qualities selected, one with only not-good qualities selected.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Turn off trash storage in your good stockpile.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Items stored in stockpiles with refuse storing enabled can rot away. Yes, the tutorial specifically sets you up to do this to yourself.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

How well does bloodthorn-based equipment do?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Seems like if you build a hunter guildhall it won't be long until your entire fort is full of legendary ambushers, which you can use to steal artifacts and other loot from other civ sites.

But if your ambushers are too good, you may almost never get detected on your raids, and you kind of lose the ability to wear down enemy populations by taking fights with advantageous positioning.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just ask my league of ambush surgeons

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You'll eat up the quiver slot, I think?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I watched some amphibian men pick a fight with a forgotten beast with a freezing dust cloud attack. The amphibians won the fight, were all covered in the dust in the process, then, one after another, they all keeled over immediately after they set foot in a cavern pond.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Once you assign the hall you can see if it was part of an agreement along with the needed value of the room, with the magnifying glass.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You might want to pick out your unhappy dwarves and put them on hauling duty and forbid everyone else. Might only have the bored dwarves doing most of the hauling.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

They've decided there's not enough grazeable area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Yep, but you have to wade through hundreds of pages of "so and so made a masterwork *sock* in Weasellegal"