Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I made an adventurer, was asked to kill a vampire, and insisted the vampire was fantastic to the unimpressed lord. I then stood in the middle of town and screamed requests for the vampire's whereabouts while people confusedly lobbed information at me. Then they all became frightened because I was holding a weapon. After that I went into the wilds and was attacked and torn apart by bogeymen. Highlights include one of them kicking me in the left small toe so hard that it exploded into gore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I started a fort and kea people immediately stole my wheelbarrow. Then the game crashed. I think I'll stick with adventure mode for now.

GorfZaplen posted:

IN A TIME BEFORE TIME, THE WASTE DEMON EZUK NECROVOMIT THE LUSTFUL HAG THRUST A SPIRE OF SLADE UP FROM THE UNDERWORLD, NAMING IT THE BASTION OF MUCUS, AND ESTABLISHED A GATEWAY BETWEEN WORLDS IN DUNGEONDELLS :black101:

Holy poo poo

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Mu. posted:

I created an adventurer, entered an underground cavern and spat at a troglodyte. Later, I spread a rumour about the conflict that took place between me and a troglodyte. Bystanders where heard to remark that it was inevitable. Finally I shouted a greeting to any who would listen, crashing the game, and ending my adventure.

Next time you get a quest, try finding a group of people and screaming a request for directions/information/whereabouts related to the quest. Someone will politely respond and you'll have the option to carry out a conversation as normal, except you're just screaming the entire time. I love this loving release.

E: food is also a lot more convenient to acquire in adventure mode, now. Hit "g" on any herbs/bushes you come across until you find a cabbage. Cabbage leaves are edible (duh) and you can pick a shitton of them and have plenty of salad to sustain you in your journeys. Unfortunately you'll just lick other types of leaves.

Does anyone know how well fires spread to buildings and large trees? I set a bunch of fires around a huge tree and waited around, but nothing really came of it. I also tried to burn down a shop but ended up getting bored and striking up a conversation with an affable lizardperson warlord while she ran around hitting villagers with blowdarts. She seemed like a decent sort. Maybe I'll work for her.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jul 8, 2014

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Tnega posted:

Having attempted to generate several worlds, all ending in the age of death, I have a theory as to why.

Towers use historical figures as the zombies, and those count against the maximum number allowed in the world, so all the available "people" are zombies, causing the end of the world.

That is unbelievably metal. Really this entire update has been fantastic for excessive :black101:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

super fart shooter posted:

Seriously, if you're embarking in an area with any vegetation at all, you should bring a proficient herbalist. There's a wonderful cornucopia of new plants to be fermented!

I'm angry that I can't ferment garlic into some horrid throat-searing moonshine concoction. I mean, I can make delicious garlic roasts with minced garlic served on a bed of garlic-infused garlic, but still. Why can't I make garlicbrau to serve to my vampire guests :mad:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Mygna posted:

Also, quarry bush leaves don't show up in the kitchen menu, aren't brought to stockpiles and apparently can't be cooked or brewed ...

I think quarry bush leaves have to be processed. I don't remember if they yield processed leaves or syrup or what, but they probably have to go through another step before they become a kitchen item. Farmer's workshop, maybe?

e: oh, or maybe they're just bugged.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

Browsing Bay 12 forums while dodging errors, read this and laughed:

The new conversation system is indeed terrific. Interactions unfold in a remarkably organic fashion, people greet you as you pass, bystanders exclaim in confusion and alarm when violence breaks out, and then you tell someone it's terrific his son was kidnapped and then run around town screaming that his son was kidnapped and that's terrific while everyone solemnly agrees that it was inevitable.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's actually kinda illegal how pretty these goddamn text trees are

No kidding. My current fort is in a gorgeous forest at the base of a mirthful mountain, with a babbling brook and shitloads of bushes, herbs, and vines to harvest. I even have swans on my map. I was going to build a big bustling cavern fort, but now I'm building wooden bridges and platforms in the trees so my dwarves can wander amongst the leaves and blossoms while I build up my food- and drink- based economy.

The new boozes are great. This fort has several types of wine and beer already. It's like some sort of treetop microbrewery commune.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

my dad posted:

Procedurally generated materials. Have fun figuring out what they do.

As I understand it, they're divine substances created by gods or demons or ghosts or miracles or whatever. How do you even acquire them? I want to see if I can get a fey dwarf to make an artifact out of otherworldly singing ghost metal.

e: "otherworldly singing ghost metal" sounds like an awesome extremely specific musical subgenre

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Don't vampire victims show up "drained of blood" when they're discovered? I'm pretty sure the announcement is different and makes it fairly clear that they're to blame. You might have ambushers or a nasty sneaky critter or something on your hands.

Unless that was changed, in which case you should watch your dorfs, try to expose them to scary situations, and see if one of them flips out and moves at sanic speed all of a sudden. Vampires try to conceal their supernatural prowess but if they're exposed to a threat they will sometimes hulk the gently caress out, which is very easy to spot if you happen to be watching.

When you know who the vampire is you can accuse him with your justice system, or just lock him away as bookkeeper as suggested. Vampires don't seem to give a poo poo about food or drink and I don't think they can go insane.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

It is The Goblin Age. Humans are isolated in their own little island, but the goblins must have underground tunnels or something because they still manage to attack every day. The human island is also subject to attack by necromancers commanding gangsters. I don't know where the dwarves are; they exist but must be so small that they don't actually show up on the map. The elves rule most of the land, but the goblins are the ones in control.

I'm going to leave my tiny human island and swim across and try to free the world from the tyranny of the green menace.

The world I just generated is in The Goblin Age as well. The only elven nation left is a tiny holdout commune on the coast, the dwarves have remained ensconced in one huge mountainhome and a couple of heavily fortified outposts, the goblins have conquered almost everything, and the humans have in turn managed to rise to power in half the goblin lands.

So the human nation now rules a bunch of dark human pits, a dark human fortress, some human forest refuges, a human tower, and a smattering of human towns and hamlets. Because the humans have seemingly inherited a bunch of goblin culture and stuff, I keep generating adventurers with last names like Cobraboils who live in dark human fortresses and fervently worship the god of rainbows and light (seriously). Then there are outliers like Ifi Huglaughs, who apparently does not like hugs or laughter very much as she worships the same god of murder (and only murder) who helped a demon raise a giant slade murderspire through her home murderfortress "so that more might be murdered."

Interestingly, the locals do not identify the murder demon as their leader; in fact, a conversation with a local dark evil murderhuman worshiper of rainbows reveals that there are no fewer than twenty factions engaged in a violent struggle for control over the immediate area. Also interesting: a single necromancer lives in this world, smack in the middle of diabolic sunshine human territory, and everyone is terribly afraid of him despite living next door to a giant slade hellspire which should arguably put his little tower full of lovely skeletons to shame.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 9, 2014

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

The world I just generated is in The Goblin Age as well. The only elven nation left is a tiny holdout commune on the coast, the dwarves have remained ensconced in one huge mountainhome and a couple of heavily fortified outposts, the goblins have conquered almost everything, and the humans have in turn managed to rise to power in half the goblin lands.

So the human nation now rules a bunch of dark human pits, a dark human fortress, some human forest refuges, a human tower, and a smattering of human towns and hamlets. Because the humans have seemingly inherited a bunch of goblin culture and stuff, I keep generating adventurers with last names like Cobraboils who live in dark human fortresses and fervently worship the god of rainbows and light (seriously). Then there are outliers like Ifi Huglaughs, who apparently does not like hugs or laughter very much as she worships the same god of murder (and only murder) who helped a demon raise a giant slade murderspire through her home murderfortress "so that more might be murdered."

Interestingly, the locals do not identify the murder demon as their leader; in fact, a conversation with a local dark evil murderhuman worshiper of rainbows reveals that there are no fewer than twenty factions engaged in a violent struggle for control over the immediate area. Also interesting: a single necromancer lives in this world, smack in the middle of diabolic sunshine human territory, and everyone is terribly afraid of him despite living next door to a giant slade hellspire which should arguably put his little tower full of lovely skeletons to shame.

Huh. Apparently Gamo the murderdemon has been dead for centuries - in year 80 he was somehow captured and imprisoned for 23 years, then he managed to escape and returned to his dark fortress. He killed a couple of humans on the way, then ruled uneventfully for seventeen years, apart from killing a single human in 113. He was "murdered" - not struck down, murdered - by the dwarf Utes Scaldeddevils in 120. Utes had just moved into the fortress as a farmer and was apparently not at all down with Gamo's style of governance, since she has no kills at all apart from singlehandedly assassinating the demonic god-emperor of murder holy poo poo.

She celebrated by getting married the following year, then having three kids. She and her husband were murdered in 124 by a vampire; her children survived her by decades, but were all ultimately murdered at random by different people. Looking through the legends, it appears that Waxmaligned, the dark fortress that saw Gamo murdered, his murderer murdered, and his murderer's children murdered after murdering several other people, has kind of a high murder rate. It would seem that its occupants take their worship of the deity of murder incredibly seriously - sudden, seemingly acontextual homicides are amazingly common in the history of its citizens.

This world is amazingly insane. It's like Dwarf Fortress took a wrong turn and ended up in Warhammer 40K or something. Literally everything in the world is murder and war and everyone just kind of accepts that as The Way Things Are.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The "hey" is somehow the best part of that. It makes it sound so nonchalant. "Hey Tath. Praise murder. You going to the game?"

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

WhenInRome posted:

Holy gently caress, could you upload the save somewhere? I need to play this.

That world is on my work computer. I'll see if I can figure something out tomorrow.

My work comp sucks and DF crashes on it a lot, so if I manage to upload this thing, please share stories of your experiences in murderland.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah but like, my work computer really sucks. It runs this pocket world slow as hell.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Jumping is hilarious.

Earlier I wanted to kill a night hag consort in a tree so I sprinted and jumped from the adjacent hill such that I slammed bodily into him. We both went flying out of the tree, but I landed on my feet while he skidded along on his back and was stunned. It was pretty loving awesome.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

WhenInRome posted:

Holy gently caress, could you upload the save somewhere? I need to play this.

Angry Diplomat posted:

That world is on my work computer. I'll see if I can figure something out tomorrow.

Alright, I'm at work and have my DF directory open. I just need to upload the data/save/region1 file if I'm not mistaken (that's my only region, so...), but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

More importantly, can anyone recommend a good site to upload this thing to? I'm not exactly a filesharing guru so I don't have much experience with this stuff.

edit: Oh, just fyi, that save is currently in the middle of the reclamation of an ancient abandoned dwarven fortress containing millions of throneforges and statues and nothing else. It really is quite a lovely fortress, though, with lots of empty space ready to be used. Goes right down to the magma level too. If you want to muck around in the legends or Adventure mode, you can simply retire or abandon the fort.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 10, 2014

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Apoffys posted:

I usually use Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com) for this sort of thing, but you need to make a (free) account. I guess you can use Mega (https://mega.co.nz/) if you don't want to make an account, but I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well it works.

Use Winrar or something to compress the save into a single file first. If using Dropbox, put it in your public folder, right-click the file and select "Copy public link" and post the link here.

Well, that was easy. Have at it, if you're so inclined.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Jack the Lad posted:

I put a naked human in the arena against a dwarf with an axe and the dwarf kept punching rather than using the axe - the fight took forever.

When I gave the dwarf two axes he used one or both of them (can't tell) right away and immediately decapitated the human.

What gives?

Attacks are kinda randomized when you bump-attack (walk into an enemy) and that's how all NPCs attack. The second axe took away his free hands, so his options were basically "hit with axe" or "kick."

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

scamtank posted:

Nah, that's not right. You can still punch with hands that are holding things.

Huh, that's odd. My adventurer stopped punching entirely when I traded her war hammer up for a maul. (She really liked kicking stuff in the tongue from behind though)

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I love that historical figures straight up eat each other in some lunatic display of death-metal oneupmanship. I had one world with a human warlord who devoured like sixty people over the course of his extremely violent life.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I started up a fort at the rim of a volcano with something like eight towers for neighbours. Unsurprisingly, I was besieged by a necromancer and his three zombies almost immediately. The necromancer flipped poo poo and fled when my miners attacked him, and his zombie warriors are hanging out on the other side of a mountain at the edge of the map where they can't see or be seen by anyone. I'm essentially under permanent siege unless I can get rid of them, so... I guess I'm going to train the poo poo out of my miners in a danger room and kit them out in full iron armour and hope they can kill the things eventually. On the bright side, I'm swimming in food and drink, have tons of metal to smith stuff with in my cozy little magma operation, and have nothing in particular to worry about for my starting seven. There's a troll on this map, but he lives in a cave a little ways south and seems content to keep to himself. I just stay off his lawn and he leaves my dorfs be.

While I work on figuring out a way to take down those zombies (I'm also considering an absurd, supervillain-like master plan involving elevated siege weapons and/or building a giant tower and catwalk so I can dump rocks on them from the heavens), I have my smith cranking out mountains of gold and rose gold crafts to stuff my treasury with, the better to completely buy every caravan once they finally start arriving. I had him studding with gold for quite a while, but the fucker kept running past the finished goods stockpile to grab wooden barrels from a different Z-level and put gold all over them. Dude decorated like a dozen ordinary barrels. I couldn't figure out why the hell he was doing it. It was driving me insane - I tried mucking with stockpile settings, looking at the manager menu, looking for some unseen option in the workshop profile, everything. Why was he doing this? Why did he refuse to decorate anything but barrels?

Then, baffled, I checked his preferences.

He likes barrels :saddowns:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Spanish Matlock posted:

Holy poo poo! You no longer have to swim across rivers in adventure mode. You can just turn up your 'S'peed to sprint, get a running start (so you're moving at 3.0) dwarf units and then just 'j'ump righ the gently caress across without even getting wet!

When you see an enemy at the edge of your vision, try (S)printing towards him and (j)umping directly into/onto him from a few tiles away once you have a good head of steam built up. Sends 'em flying :black101:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Kennel posted:

Thanks!

e. Har har!

I guess you can say that about a talking wagon.

e2. Ahahaha, I retired my wagon and now it's hanging around wearing socks and sandals on it's wheels.

This is pretty much the most amazing thing ever. Can you actually travel around and fight things as a wagon?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Now we just need figure out how to bodge in a Slade Colossus so you can weigh approximately as much as the moon.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I knew about the new orientations (:buddy:) but I didn't know character orientations were broken down into disinterest/attraction/would-marry like that. That's kind of neat.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

'Your migrant dwarves have more chance of being a vampire than being homosexual.'

I think that's just because the weird, top-down way it was implemented means that bisexuality is inadvertently/emergently the most common thing aside from heterosexuality. As opposed to gay/straight/bi/ace, characters are just gay and not straight, straight and not gay, gay and straight, or neither straight nor gay. :v:

The rate of dwarves willing to love/marry the same sex with no interest in the opposite sex does seem bizarrely low, though. Maybe it'll get tweaked?

e: just don't invert the die roll for same-sex attraction. Bisexuality everywhere! :haw:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 15, 2014

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How does it work if you have a chair and throne in the same room, designate the chair as a study and the table as a dining room, and assign them both to 1 noble? Does the "value" of the room get divided or something?

I think so. Incredibly fancy, multi-purpose megarooms used to be the go-to noble satisfaction tactic, but they got nerfed eventually. Now they need to be either ludicrously fancy, or multiple rooms.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Christ, yes, I remember that. I think I recall the same thing happening with bug people as well, resulting in maps with hundreds of mosquito men and mosquito women wootling around in the sky, hungrily watching the nervous dwarves below. :iit:

Remember when temperature damage became a thing, and entire forts started bleeding to death in winter because everyone's feet would freeze off and they'd hobble around on bloody stumps until the entire map was awash in gore and corpses? And at one point Toady goofed on the maximum heat variables and summer would hit and everyone would catch fire and turn into a cloud of boiling dwarf fat.

my dad posted:

It's called a "neck" but there's actually a head attached to it. It's just named that way due to how the game sees body parts. If you butcher it, you will get a skull.

This confused me horribly when a necromancer attacked my fort and one of my miners was fighting an undead goose neck. It was only when I checked the combat logs and saw the neck repeatedly pecking the miner that I realized, oh, it's the neck and everything attached to it. Still made me laugh, though.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

The corpse of a kea man scared away a human caravan.

The good news is they just dropped all their crap so, free stuff!

I'm fairly sure they will blame you for the loss of their goods if they fail to be in possession of their stuff upon leaving the map, so you may wish to prepare for a siege, or at least some angry emissaries.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Good post + username combo.

I actually came up with this username upon reading a little DF comic my wife drew, involving an elven diplomat so psychotically angry that I still giggle insanely just remembering his bug-eyed expression of seething fury. I need to see if she can dig that thing up somewhere and post it here, I'm sure folks would get a kick out of it.

e: haha yessss

I forgot about this one

e2: HERE is the comic, Strike The Earth. It is unfinished and years old, but I still laugh at it.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 18, 2014

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

So, wait, if I replace all dwarves with slade colossi, can I play Colossus Fortress?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Back in the 2d version I was having a hard time with a fortress because of invading elephants. Two of my guys were outside gathering wood when one of them was trampled and killed by an elephant. His buddy immediately went berserk and punched the elephant so hard it died, then went into a fell mood, ripped off his buddy's head, and stormed back into the fortress. On his way, as he passed by people in the entrance hall, they saw him with the severed head of his companion and went insane. He locked himself in the craftsdwarf shop and started working. When he was finished, he had created a dwarf skull totem and instantly went insane. Other people walked into the workshop to start storing stuff, and instantly went insane.

In fact, anybody who looked upon the totem immediately lost their mind. I had to seal up that area.

Shortly thereafter, one of the few insane dwarves who hadn't yet jumped into lava or otherwise died decided to stand in the doorway leading outside, and let in a herd of elephants. They slaughtered the rest of my population. The end.

Holy gently caress that's downright Lovecraftian. You should have tried to acquire that artifact in Adventure Mode.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Emong posted:

I was kinda hoping to be able to make it out of blood, but this works too.

How did you do this :stare:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Mu. posted:

It's pretty funny. The dwarf who ascended was just some random carpenter. I had to hussle to arrange for him a suitably ornate living space. He continues to work as a carpenter, with no complaints. I can't tell if that's because you're supposed to be able to set your king to work as a labourer, or that Dwarf Therapist happened to override his obstinance by default.

Clearly, your fort was home to a humble, wayward child of the royal family who wanted nothing more than to carve wood and live in peace, and when he rose to Kingship, he retained his modest outlook. Now, clad in the opulent traditional garb of royalty, he continues to contentedly whittle and plane, building sturdy beds and comfortable chairs even as he listens to his subjects' worries and issues royal decrees. Perhaps he cannot escape the burden of royal responsibility, he tells the peasants in the feast hall between swigs of dwarven beer, but he'll be damned if he lets it go to his head.

Trundel posted:

I guess my civ's royal position is just queen.

I have the mental image of a royal heir being named the future King, followed by a great cry of, "long live the King!" Shortly thereafter, there is a royal decree that the monarch identifies as a woman, not a man. "Long live the Queen," the dwarves immediately cry. A visiting human dignitary is mystified. Shouldn't this cause a scandal or something? The dwarves merely look at him like he is an ignoramus. Dwarves are dwarves are dwarves, they condescendingly explain, and dwarves are far too busy with their trades and artifice to obsess over silly things like who is allowed to wear dresses and which royal title they shout whilst gleefully getting screaming drunk.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

tonberrytoby posted:

e: I never tried it, but what happens when you tunnel under a tree and cause a cave in? Doesn't it turn into wood?

If this works, there's your solution. Channel down through the tiles around a tree and its roots, have a relatively expendable miner with a quick escape route dig through the bottom of the "pillar" under the tree, and use one of the logs to make a wooden training axe. Your woodcutter can use the wooden axe to cut down trees.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Paco de Suave posted:

Oh boy, a human diplomat has arrived. Wonder what excitement this could bring? "Theni Dolakemtha, law-giver vampire"

:stare:

Do I need to set my vast armies on this diplomat before they infect the rest of my fortress? I had to go all cask of amontillado on my bookkeeper (who is still there...counting. Always counting).

There is the possibility that they might get peckish and eat one of your dwarves, but AFAIK vampires generally don't spread their curse just by being in proximity to others, so I doubt you'll wind up with a bunch of vampire dwarves. Plus, if you attack them, a) they'll flip out with their vampire strength and probably kill a bunch of people, and b) their civ will get pissed off and attack you.

Honestly, I'd say the most sensible course of action is to be a gracious host and treat this visiting vampire politely until they go away with a minimum of bloodshed.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

To be perfectly honest, I find the the bizarre way Toady prioritizes (and organizes, and implements) things strangely charming. It's like he's in a fey mood, sitting in his workshop, screaming "I MUST HAVE SOCIOPOLITICAL POWER DYNAMICS! I MUST HAVE OROGRAPHIC PRECIPITATION! I MUST HAVE PROCEDURALLY GENERATED CREATION MYTHS!" :allears:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

scamtank posted:

Let me think, everybody help me out here. Creatures with smell-blooded-creatures-through-walls sense climbing up trees to get away from the horrible underground creatures they can sense leagues below the earth. Groups of animal people in the wilderness not defending themselves, instead commenting on every attack you make on them as a historical fact and repeatedly introducing themselves to you and each other as [TRANS_NAME. Foreign goblins with the ethic KILL_ENEMY:REQUIRED accidentally infiltrating towns and markets of other civilizations, causing massive 30-man free-for-all carving knife fights whenever you enter the area. Underground mushroom trees not giving a gently caress and straight up smashing through cave ceilings to grow. Computer-generated fortresses furnished with endless rows of anvils where chairs should be. Diving birds like owls and falcons overshooting their dive paths due to trees somehow, smashing straight into the rocks and killing themselves. Everything and everyone being horribly scared of violence, goblin invaders and apex predators included.

Don't forget swarms of evil babies appearing for no reason, babies sometimes coming into the world with knives in their possession, butchers being horrified into uselessness upon butchering things, dorfs swarming caravans to steal all their medical supplies, and traders immediately climbing trees and promptly going batfuck insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Necromancers definitely fear death and will yell "that's alarming!" and :iit: while fleeing head over heels amidst their unstoppable zombie armies.