Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

scamtank posted:

Who gave the neo-YCS dumplets permission to use my name in their weird pony fortress? Oh, well, here's a devlog.

If its any consolation the one named after you died in a tantrum spiral and took several others with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Were headbutts always possible or is this a result of me using the Dragon Ball mod?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Any advice for playing as Warlocks in Masterwork? (aside from making sure you have a bonesaw to construct a morgue for when your skeletons get trashed, that is)

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Do the warlock monoliths work by line of sight or not? I want to make a zombification pit to dump animal corpses into so that I don't accidentally raise the ones I want to butcher.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm in like year 4 now and I'm not getting waves of migrants any more (Warlock).

Warlock civs are coded to die out so odds are the two hard coded waves of migrants are all you are going to get.

http://youtu.be/J4nM-F1kxs8?t=6s

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Gilok posted:

I don't understand what "coded to die out" means. Like, during worldgen they die out? If so how do you have some? Or do they die out somehow after the game starts?

I mean, I know that you're not really supposed to get migrants as Warlocks but is it a guaranteed thing that always happens because of a DFHack script or are they just really likely to be gone by the time the game starts except for your little wagon of skeletons?

In worldgen, that's why you'll see most of their civs being extremely small, sometimes just one settlement or tomb. Whether or not the cut off on migrants is artificial or not I dunno, but that's probably why migrant waves are often so small.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

The bug faction that Meph is thinking of seems pretty interesting, what with the grass the insects eat as a larva affecting their final form.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

So I managed to play one adventurer but then my game crashed when loading the dates every time I tried again, on every world I'd gen, on every version of 40.01 I tried.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I like the idea of warlocks but I'm gonna wait to meph to add more content/bug fixes to them.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I wonder what will be the "overall" focus of the next development arc. Military stuff? Night creature expansions?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Playing a vampire in adventure mode is pretty fun, even if it is weird that my warhamher merely breaks bones while my punches cause things to explode into gore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Rolled a new adventurer, this one is an ardent worshiper of a war god.

:black101:

PS: Praise Murder