Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Now do you all see why people wanted Holey Diver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://d.maxfile.ro/ouikkbbhkc.webm

ZA WAURDO

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

RatHat posted:

This is too silly, even for Jojo.

:D

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Oh my god the effect for Za Warudo is amazing

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Please stop dying everyone holy poo poo. :smith:

At least my guess about Za Worldo was correct.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
can we probate this user for posting spoilers way back in October?

Beef Waifu posted:

ザ・ワールド! 時よ止まれ!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What a great week to be on team DIO.

e: One more for the road.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now that we've seen DIO, I can finally post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsoMG1J7fEA

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Nice callback to part 2.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Okay, all I have to say for all of the misgivings I had at the start of SC.

Joseph finally started acting like the man he was in Part 2. Jotaro has finally become hilariously fun badass with $2000 dollar pants :v:.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

And now I can finally say what I've been wanting to say since this series got going:

Goddamn, why did Kakyoin have to be so likeable? I knew he was going to die :C

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When he says "I know how to figure out DIO's Stand", I always think to myself "That's the worst idea you ever had."

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Iggy, Avdol and now Kakyoin... honorary Zeppelis. :(

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
RIP Kakyoin, you beautiful weird bastard.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Banging hot moms up in heaven.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Some knew him as Noriaki Kakyoin

I knew him as the Ultimate MILF Hunter

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I loving love the effect they have for The World. Holy poo poo.

Also the ability to swap is a good take on what The World does, :golfclap:.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Aurain posted:

When he says "I know how to figure out DIO's Stand", I always think to myself "That's the worst idea you ever had."

To be fair, it was a really good idea against basically anything but what The World does. A normal person wouldn't be able to move or do anything without being attacked from every direction simultaneously, and at the very least when they used whatever their trick was to defend themselves Kakyoin could figure it out.

Except, you know.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Worst Girl posted:

Some knew him as Noriaki Kakyoin

I knew him as the Ultimate MILF Hunter

I knew him as bellyache boy.

ZA WARUDOOOOOOOOOOO

https://d.maxfile.ro/qbyxzdsbgy.webm

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dio was channeling some loving Goku poo poo, golden aura and all.

Except when he was being a rainbow in the dark.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

To be fair, it was a really good idea against basically anything but what The World does. A normal person wouldn't be able to move or do anything without being attacked from every direction simultaneously, and at the very least when they used whatever their trick was to defend themselves Kakyoin could figure it out.

Except, you know.

Even here it spelled out just what his stand can do.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I think it was awesome how they did the jump back to the scene. The first time it just cut through to the protagonist's view. Kakyoin had him on the ropes and then suddenly he's flying through the air with a gaping hole in his torso really nailed the impact of how loving terrifying The World's power is, whatever it is. Then the cut back to what happened just drove it in further.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Serperoth posted:

I know what The World is and does, and I  am  beyond  hyped

I was pretty surprised when they skipped over the part where Dio stops time to punch Kakyoin in the chest, but I figured they'd revisit it once Joseph or Kakyoin figured out what happened.

Also, Joseph and Kakyoin. :smith:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was pretty surprised when they skipped over the part where Dio stops time to punch Kakyoin in the chest, but I figured they'd revisit it once Joseph or Kakyoin figured out what happened.

Also, Joseph and Kakyoin. :smith:

At least Joseph got to live a full and satisfying life before succumbing to the Joestar curse.

Even got to spend a couple months traveling the world with his grandson. :unsmith:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I like how they did it better here. In the manga, Dio says that he can stop time before Kakyoin and Joseph figure it out on their own. Here in the anime, the viewer gets to realize it along with Kakyoin and Joseph.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
rip the pretty one and the funny one, our boy band is rapidly losing critical members

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Here lies Kakyoin. He never scored.

StopHangingDjs
Jan 9, 2013
RIP Kakyoin . He's reroing with angels now. Or possibly reroing angels

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I like how they did it better here. In the manga, Dio says that he can stop time before Kakyoin and Joseph figure it out on their own. Here in the anime, the viewer gets to realize it along with Kakyoin and Joseph.

Different mediums require the story to be told slightly differently. David Productions has stayed true to the manga as much as possible, but sometimes changes have to be made because it's being animated.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Seagull posted:

rip the pretty one and the funny one, our boy band is rapidly losing critical members

At least the idiot one is still alive.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It should have been Polnareff instead of Kakyoin. Polnareff's the one who wanted to fight DIO head on. Kakyoin just wanted to help his new friends... :smith:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Sekkira posted:

Different mediums require the story to be told slightly differently. David Productions has stayed true to the manga as much as possible, but sometimes changes have to be made because it's being animated.

Yeah all of DavePro's changes have been for the better.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Sekkira posted:

Yeah, the manga is fine, but the OVA left it in the same order and it wasn't nearly as much of a gutpunch*. David's version is absolutely fantastic.

*For the viewers, I mean, not Kakyoin. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I really like what DavidPro did there, it was disorienting at first, but in the end, it works a lot better.

Also! Let's play spot the foreshadowing in the OP again!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Erina callback was so good, david productions really loving did it, Dio being like "oh yeah, her? who cares" is so very like him, for a second I thought this was in the original manga and I had just forgotten about it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Imagine if Holly hadn't gotten sick and put a time limit on the journey and the Crusaders had taken their sweet time and gotten there a couple months later after DIO had fully healed and further mastered his power.

Also now that the World has been revealed it probably makes more sense why people were saying DIO could kick Kars's rear end without any effort.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This episode was perfect. The effect for The World is so good

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kanos posted:

Imagine if Holly hadn't gotten sick and put a time limit on the journey and the Crusaders had taken their sweet time and gotten there a couple months later after DIO had fully healed and further mastered his power.

Also now that the World has been revealed it probably makes more sense why people were saying DIO could kick Kars's rear end without any effort.

If Holly hadn't gotten sick, Joseph and Jotaro would probably never have gotten their stands, either. Nobody ever would have found out about DIO's return until it was far, far too late.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Seagull posted:

rip the pretty one
yup :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

And now, for your amusement after all the death

• Locked thread